It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time limit on editing posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I just received the 'exceed 4 hour limit' message on a post that was made less than three hours ago.

Am I missing something?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

The actual limit is something like 2 hours. It's a known issue.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

As already commented, it's a known issue.
If you click the "edit" button in the first couple of hours, you will see a figure quoted just above the edit box as the "time remaining". This appears to count down from 120 minutes. My theory has always been that someone was thinking in terms of 30 minute hours.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
HOURS????
I have had my post to timeout in minutes. I thought the limit was like 10 minutes because that is about the time I lose the edit button. This is news to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

yep...mine too... 15 minutes max...at least the ones i find more source material about and try to ADD it on in an 'Edit'

i surely don't think its an automated & electronically timed program... i think the moderators got a red signal light that goes on and its up to their disgression to time it out as the post has been read (screened) for Mod edits
or for deletion ....................................... citing certain reasons.
the process keeps the Mods active & reading and acts as a timer for the poster...
just another example of hidden strings
edit on 9-4-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've seen issues like this before.
It's better to leave posts uncensored anyhow.. 15 minutes is ample time to fix spelling and content mistakes.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kingoddball

censored?

no, i wanted to add relevant info to a headline.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by fixer1967

yep...mine too... 15 minutes max...at least the ones i find more source material about and try to ADD it on in an 'Edit'

i surely don't think its an automated & electronically timed program... i think the moderators got a red signal light that goes on and its up to their disgression to time it out as the post has been read (screened) for Mod edits
or for deletion ....................................... citing certain reasons.
the process keeps the Mods active & reading and acts as a timer for the poster...
just another example of hidden strings
edit on 9-4-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

You'd be horribly wrong if you actually thought that was true

It actually is automated, but as stated there are problems in every system. It's been looked into, and with everything going on with ATS at the moment, it will eventually get done or fixed I should say. If you do need something edited and you can't do it, simply use the alert feature or PM a staff member and they will be happy to do it for you.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator
edit on 4/10/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
It's been looked into, and with everything going on with ATS at the moment, it will eventually get done or fixed I should say.
I've never seen the 15 minute problem, I always see the 120 minute timer.

I hope the "fix" is to just change that timer to start out at 240 minutes instead of 120, then it will match the "4 hour" statement and all will be consistent.

new topics

top topics

join