It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat versus Dolphin: Great Vid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
The cat is licking his lips and thinking ' Where have i tasted that before,? That can of Tuna last night.

And the last thing that dolphin thought?

"So long and thanks for all the... kitties!"

Oo

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Dolphins are brilliant! Cats are amazing! Cat & dolphin snuggling - fantastic!!!

I love watching critters. My jackrussell, Hannah, sits in our garden with her head cocked watching, the little birds in our tree. I don't much like magpies, because they seem to come along and hassle & bully the other species (nature - I know). When one comes along, intimidating the smaller birds, she stands on her hind legs & barks like mad. I've often wondered if she feels the same way as I do about them, or if it's just their rowdiness that makes her exciteable, or whether she might be picking up on my thoughts, telepathically or by interpreting subconcious body language.

Thanks for posting the beautiful clip.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dolphin "awww furry little thing."

Cat "This is one hell of a catch."

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No idea if this means anything to anyone, but a friend of mine is a psychologist and is trying to fund personality type research in chimpanzees, he was rattling off a list of intuitive mammals and both cats and dolphins were on that list.

I have no idea if there's a connection here, but it's a tidbit I thought may be worth passing along.

Seattle has either created psychological geniuses, or complete crazed morons....

edit on 10-4-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Videos like this make you believe in the existence of PEACE

Your comment has been drastically under-starred, I'm about ready to make a bogus account just to give you another.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
this is torture for the dolphins

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

What a great way to start the day ,I love these kind of videos.I heard on NPR the other day that a deer was protecting a ducks nest it would circle the nest whenever anyone would come near it.I believe animals are curious by nature of each other its just we don't always get the opportunity to witness this interaction.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
so thats why pussy smells like the sea, mystery solved.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This is actually how dolphin attacks happen. The cat scratched him that first time. A dolphin, though as intelligent as a child, is still bound to instinct, It is inquisitive but if that cat kept scratching him, he'd probably eat him or something. the humans were kind, so they probably just assumed it was some dumb animal food of the humans. Dolphins tend to view humans as a cousin of their own species because we look the same in the water. They wouldn't want us stealing their fish so they won't steal our "food". Rest assured they would have attacked the cat if the humans were not there.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks for that OP! S&F

One of my cats chats to birds, something similar to the cat in this video, this is not my video btw

Found some more

edit on 10-4-2011 by longwinter because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by longwinter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Its probably obvious I'm a cat lover. But I don't love the cute cuddly fur balls that you just want to squeeze; I love the intelligent cunning, manipulative, predator that also has a capacity to feel and care for its allies.

As the above poster said I wouldn't detract from cats. there are many studies showing they have long term memories superior to that of dogs and the ability to solve puzzles equal to most primates. It just so happens they are very independent and are not good at doing what they are told which is not appreciated by most humans. We want slovenly followers not allies.

The video is awesome and to me shows that the dolphins are obviously playing gentle with the cats. Dolphins are smart, in my opinion there is a good chance as smart as us, and probably recognized the cat as a fellow predator and friend and my guess is the cat did the same.

Could you post some of these studies ? The only studies i can find are ones showing how dogs have been with humans for maybe 3-5x the amount of time that cats have.

Also all i find is that cats release a parasite that is bad for mammals in general and is used to catch rats. It causes the rats to be attracted to the cat instead of fear it. If a cat was so smart, it would not need such a biological mechanism for food. Cats are like the lazy stoner in your dormroom LoL.
en.wikipedia.org...

Latest studies show a dog has a larger and smarter brain
www.telegraph.co.uk...
"The intelligence of “a man’s best friend” has evolved at a greater rate than the less social cat over millions of years, scientists at Oxford University have claimed."

edit on 10-4-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
as someone else stated already: this video makes happy.
It even made me refrain from the urge to make comments on statements that might be less carefully drafted
S&F to you, OP

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Very cool...it seems the Dolphin knew the cat was a creature that loved affection..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I have a cat! I love cats and dogs! But I don't understand my cat because she hunts birds and whatever else she can get ahold of and tear apart. I have a rabbits nest in my backyard as well as foxes that roam around the area at night. My cat actually protects the rabbits from the foxes! It's pretty cool actually. Out Of instinct she should be eating the rabbits but yet she is protecting them. Just another fascinating topic from the world of animals. Great job OP!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Fantastic post. Brightened up my day thanks for that.

We really need a section in here for "day brightening posts" as there isn't much on ATS that makes a person feel good. Frightened, concerned, paranoid, sure but mot much for "uplifting".

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chindogu

Lol oh you can feel good and get a laugh if you catch some of the wicked funny posts before mods remove them. Although I do agree that we need a forum for "day brightening subjects" would anyone like to make a thread petition and sign our names as posts to try and get a day brightening subject forum?

I'm all for it.

Here's my sig!

Kid_cudi

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
this is torture for the dolphins

Come now, if the dolphins didn't want to be around the cat they would swim away. They're giving each other headbutts which are an affectionate reaction from both species. Looks more like friendly curiosity then torture. I suppose the dolphins could be in a large tank, but it looks like the edge of a boat or a dock.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thx for all the great vids. It's and even better day now.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Great vid,op! It shows how two different spieces can get along, and yet we humans can't even get along with our own kind. So who is the smarter?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join