It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat versus Dolphin: Great Vid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+73 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am not one to post anything regarding cats, cute or not. I actually hate cats. Not to be confused with mousers, I at least respect a cat that hunts.
But anyway, here's a mix I haven't seen before, Cat and Dolphin interacting. I'll save my comments for below the vid so I don't spoil it:

Again dolphins amaze. (Sure the cat seems pretty smart too, but I'll believe it's just instincts :lol

The dolphins recognize the cat's desire for attention, and play with the cat as you or I would! I wish science could put a little more focus on communicating with animals. I bet dolphins have a lot to say!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The cat was probably thinking "Hey, these guys smell like my dinner!"

Cute vid, thanks for posting, I'll have to show it to my kids later.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Hi OP great thread.
I believe cats do have intelligence just like dogs. I have found both species truly do love and have unique personalities. Some animals are just more aware then others.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That's pretty stinkin awesome. It is awesome to watch nature, and still how unexpected it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
that is so cool, I would have thought a cat would be freaked out but its not!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
wonderful find here...dolphins are so incredible..intelligent and peacefull animals....shame we kill so many of em

this video makes happy....thanks for this

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Don't detract from cats.
Every creature has intelligence.
Life is beautiful.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Great video, many thanks for sharing, I doubt that sort of thing would happen in the wild, cats hate water.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I adore kitties
This was too cute!
Thank you for posting it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Its probably obvious I'm a cat lover. But I don't love the cute cuddly fur balls that you just want to squeeze; I love the intelligent cunning, manipulative, predator that also has a capacity to feel and care for its allies.

As the above poster said I wouldn't detract from cats. there are many studies showing they have long term memories superior to that of dogs and the ability to solve puzzles equal to most primates. It just so happens they are very independent and are not good at doing what they are told which is not appreciated by most humans. We want slovenly followers not allies.

The video is awesome and to me shows that the dolphins are obviously playing gentle with the cats. Dolphins are smart, in my opinion there is a good chance as smart as us, and probably recognized the cat as a fellow predator and friend and my guess is the cat did the same.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The cat is licking his lips and thinking ' Where have i tasted that before,? That can of Tuna last night.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"Well, so you really did come back as a dolphin huh? How's life without needing toilet paper, he he"

"Oh you're so nasty, and look who is talking you lazy bum...........you probly sleep 20 hours a day knowing you.."

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
well that was simply adorable and as we know we underestemite dolphins often and this only proves my point...

and the vid put a smile on my face ..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think the cat initially saw the dolphin as a toy to spar with as it bobbed around , but once the cat felt its saliva glands being massaged it was open for adoration ! That's a cat - decadent , in it for the rub and satisfaction !

That said , it went way further than most domestic cats into the water - and felt no threat . The paw jabbing looked what I would call 'soft paw' i.e. no claws out at the end - true love !

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow the cat looks like our "DJ". I love the interaction, especially where
water is concerned for the cat. I think the cat felt comfortable as the
dolphins showed no threat to him whatsoever - and those paws were
soft, claws in - now that's affection!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Aww, thanks for posting, very beautiful. Maybe this can help "cat haters" to see they are not so bad after all, give them a chance, they just want love too

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I had to send this around to everyone before I posted. Great find.

These people in the video know both the cat and dolpins, they call them out by name. So, they (the animals) have met before, IMO.

SO cute how they play. Wonderful display of genuine affection. So cool.

Thanks. You made my day! S&F

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Having swum with dolphins I have great respect for them,
they are far more in tune with harmony that most humans.
you can see the gentleness of the dolphin with the cat.
and the return..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Interesting. I grew up with cats and now own my own cats and I am not surprised by the behavior of this one. Cats can be playful and interested in many other animals, not just humans, as long as they are the right breed and raised in a comfortable environment.

However, I am surprised by the dolphins. They show a different type of interest in the cat, coming out of the water to experience what I'm assuming not many other dolphins get to. I could almost hear them saying "here girl, yeaaah, whos a good wittle kitty"

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So wonderful. The cat kept batting them closer and then putting his head to touch heads, that is their greeting and a show of endearment. It was wonderful, interspecies communication and friendship.

By the way, dolphins are one favorite mammals, they call each by name. And I love cats, their emotional center of the brain is similar to humans

Its not just instinct for cats, they have language too, our cats had a meeting, and they used different sounds and pitches and spoke in order, with respect for the top queen bee, and I tested one of our cats, simple 1 meow, and two, she looked like I was the dim one, and then quipped it out and walked away, and then surprised me again. She also guarded the door, growling when my son had an experience.
edit on 9-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join