It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of California before the next big quake!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

That's all I hoped for, anything more would be a miracle. I hope ATS can motivate people to be more caring and thoughtful. We just need to raise some awareness, and be persistent with our ideals.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by graphuto

Yeah that is easy for someone who is single, and can live in a car or tent or something. Not everyone has it that easy.... Some people have kids, elderly parents etc.

Not that I advocate packing up and leaving Cali AT ALL... BUT

I remember being a kid with my brother and sister living with my parents in a 6X10 storage shed, all sleeping on one twin mattress, crammed up as hell.

It CAN be done. To suggest that it can't is asinine.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Let's get out of Indonesia, New Zealand, Japan, Alaska, Chile, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Arkansas and Hawaii too!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Anyone spare bedrooms?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Come on. How about dont go out tomorrow and cross a street. You might get hit by a mack truck with a driver that is eating a big mac and not looking where he is going.
Now im getting a little sick of some threads going on about cali getting a big one. like everyday some one on here says the coast is going to fall in to the sea. Im from Christchurch NZ. Everyday I see the the carnage that is done by these earthquakes when driving into town. Its really sad. So what im saying is enjoy life. Stop worrying about a disaster.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

There was no psycho CPS back then like there is now either. Try something like that, CPS will try and take your kids. Yes it is possible to do that, but it would be stupid IMO. Most people are having enough trouble just making ends meet, they don't have some stash of money hidden away that they can fall back on and just take off.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

You're right it can be done, I know I wouldn't want to be in that situation knowing I had an opportunity and many warnings that I disregarded. I know can I move anywhere at anytime, I don't feel confined or stuck anywhere because of a job, or any other reason.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
You obviously voted for Obama....

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

There was no psycho CPS back then like there is now either. Try something like that, CPS will try and take your kids. Yes it is possible to do that, but it would be stupid IMO. Most people are having enough trouble just making ends meet, they don't have some stash of money hidden away that they can fall back on and just take off.

So you're telling me that IF some crazy disaster was headed your way, FOR SURE, you'd just sit there and die because you're worried about CPS taking your kids? THAT seems stupid, IMO.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by svendutch

YES YOU SHOULD! Stop raising insurance premiums by living on coasts and acting like "WE never thought the Volcano could blow da he..." C'mon seriously.

Everyone should move (not all the way across the world in some other area of disaster) away from Volcano's, and Large Fault Lines, and Low Lying coastal and river regions.

You cannot see the seismic difference between California, and Mexico, and Iceland? I'm sorry California looks like a bingo card with chips falling- in no order-randomly-waiting for the next big one.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Maybe I did... Maybe I didn't... But your ever so educated response to this thread is very intriguing! Thank you for your well thought input as you browsed this thread to bash it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by svendutch
Let's get out of Indonesia, New Zealand, Japan, Alaska, Chile, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Arkansas and Hawaii too!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Anyone spare bedrooms?

QFT lol!

Being prepared is advisable but moving out of California is a ridiculous notion. I'm not hopping around the planet with my family worrying about "impending disasters" at every turn. I appreciate your good heart OP but living life running from impending doom is no way to live.When it's our time to go then so be it. Your post could be revised to "earthlings, leave the planet before it's too late!". It's just not rational.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by amongus

Maybe I did... Maybe I didn't... But your ever so educated response to this thread is very intriguing! Thank you for your well thought input as you browsed this thread to bash it.

You are welcome. I'm open to comparing my education with yours anytime.

Bring it....

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

This is in the Dreams & Predictions section... I have yet to see a thread that came out correct so far. I will definitely not be throwing the nieces in the truck and taking off, because of a thread in this section.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I appreciate it, but I still don't agree with your philosophy, because I'm not the one standing on top of a gigantic and very very active fault line. I can say "If something happens it's my time", but, living on the peak of a volcano doesn't coincide with "If something should happen". In this case it becomes "when I allow it to happen to me".

I'm sorry and yes it is sad people can't just up and move sometimes I do understand, but right now is not the time to "HOPE" Mother Nature passes by.
The fault line doesn't hit so bad "10 miles" away, so 10-20 miles off the fault line could save your life.

Who threw the idea out there that you had to move half the nation away?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Well your very short responses speak of a person who do not give a qualitative response.
Purdue Calumet 4.0-Dean's List
Devry University 4.0-Dean's List-current

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

This is in the Dreams & Predictions section... I have yet to see a thread that came out correct so far. I will definitely not be throwing the nieces in the truck and taking off, because of a thread in this section.

I understand this completely, 100%, and I think it's nuts to just take off based on what a guy said too. BUT
You're leading this elsewhere... My issue is with the statement "not everyone can do that" and I gave out a scenario that you conveniently ducked out of.

So. If you KNEW FOR A FACT that a life threatening disaster was headed your way, you'd sit there and die rather than try to GTFO of there?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The sad thing is, if something should happen-people around the world (sadly) will be going-
They knew it was coming

I won't-I will be tearing up for you all like we all do, and donating money to help get you back on your feet. But some people will (sadly)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

And, it is funny too that science is winning-we have had a long run with people shunning others such as Copernicus and Tesla. Science can help us, it can brighten our nights, and save our lives by offering data to predict future events. I don't think you have to be a genius to see the many boxes in one geographic area that this map has to offer:earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I would not consider living in California on par with living on a volcano, but that's just me.My point being there really isn't any 100% safe places to live. Yellowstone could pop off and it would be the end of all of us no matter where I lived. Same for a global killer asteroid.

Again I really appreciate your kind heart and concern.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Thanks BLKMJK, I understand your point of view. I never expected anyone to leave, I hope they find the idea crazy, and then I hope they wake up at like 3:00 a.m. one night and share my meaning of "Get out of California". The idea is ridiculous, but the ideal of being prepared or considering moving to a safer haven should be an ideal worth contemplating, or at least considering if the option should become available.
Don't get me wrong I love surfing and playing in the ocean too, but as active as the plates of the Earth have been recently-I (bias statement everyone lookout here it comes!!!aaahhhhhh)
I would say that the next big one is not too far off.

Sam is currently waiting for chaos for his above statement...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join