It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of California before the next big quake!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I hear you, I would do the same following a dream too, or a big promotion. But I'm hoping parents will be prepared with supplies and an emergency plan.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Wow, who said that? You must be referring to someone else's thread. It could happen, it very well could not ALL OF THEM AT ONE TIME, now that we are clear, I am trying to help people focus on the now, forget about work, and the beach front for a second-do you want to be on CNN and YouTube?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
yea cali is heavy populated 35 million+ is alot of ppl moving tho :/
edit on 9-4-2011 by ashtonkusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

So you're saying that the world would be a better place if 36 million people just died off? As if all of us Californians were copies of Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton...or Charlie Sheen or any of the other idiots in Hollywood? I wonder who will provide the country with the majority of their food supply...or how about the majority of the technological research or medical research. Apparently you're in Northern California so does your sweeping view of Californians and their idiocy also spread to you? In my honest point of view, i see more out of state Marines down here by Pendleton that are complete idiots yet I don't generalize and say "you know those people from Arkansas/Kansas/Georgia/Colorado/Texas are a bunch of real idiots and I wouldn't mind if they all got killed off by a gigantic tornado because the world needs less idiots." Maybe it's the "idiotic" Californian within me that refuses to wish ill thoughts upon others...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Either way you look at it, Cali is due for a quake just by figuring out a pattern on the map of past major EQ's on the ring of fire. Especially because it has been awfully quiet over there.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by trippvail

people can be so sarcastic..of course can't image they might acutally be frightened to see lanes of
blocked traffic and fires popping up and big ol juts of concrete sticking up right along their tires..gee, ya think
it might be just a tad nerve wracking not to mention down right pitiful if there was no water to cool off with
or drink or food to munch down while they sat in a hot car awaiting rescue.
just saying..even if you are young and strong it could not be easy.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Why is it a common theme that these predictions tend to urge people to "LEAVE, RUN, MOVE!"
(a genuine question)

Why can't it just be, I am giving you information that I feel is ever so important and you can decide how to handle the situation.

People do not like harsh realities and being told what to do or having to face "what if scenarios" that would flip their entire worlds upside down, so maybe if "predictions" were presented differently people wouldn't go on the defense or get as heated so quickly.
Or maybe the fact that there are so many predictions and so many failed ones that make people so tired when it comes to this topic as I know I am but I CHOOSE to click the link to these topics so in the end it is MY fault.

Don't like it, don't read it, can't handle criticism, don't make threads - it's that simple for both parties.
We can't expect anything from anyone but ourselves.

And for the thing about "some people can't just up and leave!" - I know personally this is true for some if I were to leave, or go off the grid as some say I'd meet the same end that I would if a natural disaster occurred so I'd ultimately have nothing to gain from either because of my own personal circumstances.
The only person that knows what you are capable of is yourself, and no one should assume what others are capable of.

Thanks for doing what you feel is important.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just looked at the map from USGS, and there are A LOT of little earthquakes. More than what (I think) is normal, even for California. With that being said, I have a felling a big one might be happening very soon, there. I just kinda have a feeling. Its almost like I can kinda see a big/huge square on the USGS map. So, maybe, you're right.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ok.

1st thing tommorow, I will get my wife, 4 kids (in my 5 seater car, yeah problem right away)
We will have to leave the dog. And we will have enough space in the car for about 2 suitcases.
Hardly any food, a small tent...

...and go WHERE ????????????

If California goes, I dont think moving to higher ground, or a hundred miles away will matter.
The entire area could PLOP into the sea, making life in Japan a bit worse.....

People cant just leave thier jobs, family, house, belongings, pets, etc, etc...because some stranger on a forum said we should.

If something bad is going to happen, Then I will face it in my own home, cuddling my family.

Peace out............

link   

Originally posted by graphuto
reply to post by TKDRL

What's stopping anyone from moving? Get up and go, its pretty simple. Make the choice, then do it. Don't be tied down by things that don't matter, such as money. Things will work out, and you won't die, promise.

Wow, you PROMISE if they uproot their whole lives 'tings will work out, and they wont die'?

That's a mighty big promise.

link   
double post
edit on 9-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjleonid12
I just looked at the map from USGS, and there are A LOT of little earthquakes. More than what (I think) is normal, even for California.

based on what? a guess?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am sooooooo glad I live in the REAL cheeze country
Good ole wisconsin,. all we have is tornadoes and mosquitos
and not near the freak population that cali does

I think as long as Cali keeps having "small "quakes,. the pressure shouldnt build.
small adjustments are better than one big one
edit on 9-4-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm glad people are taking their time to use the idea of a possible disaster and millions of people dying to dump on Cali.

You do realize that for every pretentious, self-important, sleeze bag in california, there are a thousand hard working american citizens, right?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Last night I slept for 11 hours nonstop which is VERY uncommon for me. I had one of MANY flooding dreams in that I was looking at a flooded area ( Coastal ) and looking out at the water and seeing the bodies of children dressed in there PJ's laying under ther water. One image is of a little Boy still clutching his teddy bear lying in the fetal position under the clear water. I awoke with a start once again. Every dream that is about flooding is different in some way but is in full color and very vivid. This is NO joke, we are in for a ride. What that is, is yet to be seen . Hope you can excuse the fact that my spelling Stinks and get the jist of what I am trying to tell you all. I am very scared about what is to come because I have been having dreams about the end days for some 35 years . No one in my reality has listened to me and all think I am nuts. I think they are right from time to time till now and ATS. This is real folks and all I can tell you is to PAY ATTENTION .

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I just looked at the map from USGS, and there are A LOT of little earthquakes. More than what (I think) is normal, even for California.

based on what? a guess?

A GUESS OF WHAT!??!!?!?!?!?!? Like, really? IM NOT SAYING SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just saying, I HAVE SEEN THE DAMN MAP, BEFORE, and NOW THERE IS A LOT of earthquakes. Almost as if something MIGHT happen. IM SAYING the feeling I have, so if you wanna come here, and tell ME "what? a guess?", then you can take that question and put it where it belongs, which is DEFINITELY not a substitute of something you wanna say to what I HAD to say. Peace out. You people on here get on my last nerve!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WooWoo
Last night I slept for 11 hours nonstop which is VERY uncommon for me. I had one of MANY flooding dreams in that I was looking at a flooded area ( Coastal ) and looking out at the water and seeing the bodies of children dressed in there PJ's laying under ther water. One image is of a little Boy still clutching his teddy bear lying in the fetal position under the clear water. I awoke with a start once again. Every dream that is about flooding is different in some way but is in full color and very vivid. This is NO joke, we are in for a ride. What that is, is yet to be seen . Hope you can excuse the fact that my spelling Stinks and get the jist of what I am trying to tell you all. I am very scared about what is to come because I have been having dreams about the end days for some 35 years . No one in my reality has listened to me and all think I am nuts. I think they are right from time to time till now and ATS. This is real folks and all I can tell you is to PAY ATTENTION .

AMEN to that, and I agree with you. We still have some "instinct" left. Skeptics will come here and say "ohhhh, nothing happened", as if this is a damn competition on who's right. Like he said, you people need to pay ATTENTION. Close minded losers.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
As soon as the big one hits, magnitude 10+, the survivors are going to say "why did we decide to stay on top of a fault line when everyone was warning us it was a bad idea?"
The mag 10+ will hit sometime this year.

So even though there has never been a mag 10 quake recorded you still think ours when it comes will be bigger then everone elses..why...ours is always bigger in the USA? hahha

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WooWoo
I am very scared about what is to come because I have been having dreams about the end days for some 35 years . No one in my reality has listened to me and all think I am nuts. .

Well, looks like you've been wrong for 35 years. What makes you think the next 35 years will be any different?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I just looked at the map from USGS, and there are A LOT of little earthquakes. More than what (I think) is normal, even for California. With that being said, I have a felling a big one might be happening very soon, there. I just kinda have a feeling. Its almost like I can kinda see a big/huge square on the USGS map. So, maybe, you're right.

Man if i had a cookie for everyone that said "I just have a feeling' boy would i be fat!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join