It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of California before the next big quake!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I wanted to urge everyone in California to move-and begin planning now before the next big quake(s) occur. Take a look at the current earthquake maps: earthquake.usgs.gov...
It doesn't take a genius to see that California is probably one of the most seismically active fault zone in the world-as is any fault line rubbing along the Pacific rim.
Before the giant quake happens, people lose their lives, and insurance companies raise premiums to compensate for losses-get out. If I lived there I wouldn't stay because I'm young and my will to live is strong, I would look at my child, and my family-then I would leave. This is real, it is coming it's just a matter of time.

It won't be a surprise anymore, and when it happens the world will add hindsight and say "You knew it was coming". With the state of our world and the response time of F.E.M.A. and other bureaucratic Emergency Response Companies do you really want to put your family's lives in their hands?

Do yourself a favor and not only move from the San Andreas fault and get everyone around the world away from the ocean's edge, away from mudslide areas, off the shores of rivers and dormant streams-then maybe we can prevent thousands-if not millions of deaths.

I am not fear mongering at all so save it-I and you know it's coming we just need to be prepared this time (or for once).

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Right, because everyone can just afford to move whenever they please.... You do realize in real life, people have to line up jobs, secure a place to stay, and many other things before they can just up and move right?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I really hope no one listens to ur warning, the more people lost in this disaster will be a world better off, californians are the root of idiots

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on Sun Apr 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That is so hard to do right? No, it's a simple adjustment of life, and it's worth getting a job with a dollar less an hour and not have all channels Comcast has to offer, or all not drinking MGD's to save your family's life.
I'm sorry I do not agree with you, take a look at the world-it's unhappy like the guy from Poltergeist said-the car is unhappy.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I really hope this doesn't become a thrash thread. People have their own opinions and we all have to respect them, whether we agree or not.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by trippvail

Exactly, but some people don't read-I posted my topic under "predictions/Dreams. What the hell is this thread good for then?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Don't worry bro, I been running alot so if there is an earthquake then I'm gonna run my ass as fast as I can out the door.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeBoss

Mike, I hope so but I urge you to get the hell out now, or at least stock up on food and medical supplies. Good Luck...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Maybe that's why we are so dumbed down in Chicago-all your wind blows right at us.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on Sun Apr 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
i appreciate your heart. i know you're a caring person and at least you gave a little push.
moving could be a very simple thing to do for people in CA. the motivation usually doesn't strike until a worse thing happens unfortunately.
peoples mindset are so focused on the ' now ' and i think they're too afraid to come to terms with the possibility.
they are basically ' scared and immobile ' mentally, while going on with daily routine blocking out the possibility there very well could be an devastating earthquake.
edit on 9-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

What's stopping anyone from moving? Get up and go, its pretty simple. Make the choice, then do it. Don't be tied down by things that don't matter, such as money. Things will work out, and you won't die, promise.

link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Hey I was talking to you too. No need to insult anyone here. You were the one that posted this thread expecting comments. You can't fry everyone who disagrees with you after posting a thread, especially on ATS. Just relax and respond to the comments so that you dont burn bridges.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Yeah that is easy for someone who is single, and can live in a car or tent or something. Not everyone has it that easy.... Some people have kids, elderly parents etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Tripp, I was just joking around (hard to see sarcasm-I forgot). I do understand sorry.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Most of the people who live here in California know one day are day will be ruined.

But yes moving is not an option when disaster can happen any were.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's cool. I'm bad with sarcasm anyways.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

That's what I'm saying, I hope people don't have regret because they stayed because of materialistic lifestyles. I don't think our hearts can watch another Sri Lanka, Haiti, or Japan again. We can do something before it happens-hell they already moved the state capitol once. Let the earthquake ring and shake the ground while no one but a monitor is there to record it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

I hear you dream but I feel like this event is a little more inevitable than a random disaster. We can see on any earthquake map where all the activity is, I would call it the Earthquake Capitol of the Crust.
Well at least stock up on some supplies and hope for the best, remember no one sees it coming-it's like a car accident. You don't wake up and say "Kids get ready they are calling for strong earthquakes today".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join