It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Savage missile blitz from Gaza sends a million Israelis to shelters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Why would Hamas want increased Israeli aggression? That doesnt make sense.

it makes perfect sense
if it is a lie by Israel used as
reasoning to create a new
Gaza offensive.
A mock attack makes
a perfect excuse.

the missiles do not even have to be real.
Just set off the alarms and watch
everybody run to the shelters.

edit on 4/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Palestine is a prison..
I'd personally fight against that daily...

and with that comment:
you just got put on the Mossad
Terrorist Watch List.

congratulations

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
After reading the article it sounds like they're really going at it over there. Media in Canada hasn't really said anything yet.. I just checked cbc.ca no report of the clashes.... hopefully this doesn't go full scale.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

So it's called backing Israel into a corner because the Palestinians want the land Israel has stolen back? So what do you say when Israel attacks ships on a humanitarian missions to bring aid to the people of Gaza.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thedayafterroswell

I am currently in Israel at the moment and I can say that no, they are not 'going at it' and in terms of it going full scale; define full scale? Part of the problem is the sentationalism of the media reports making it sound bigger than what it really is. A prime example of such media scare mongering was the H1N1 flu pandemic that was allegedly going to kill us all.

For many years Israel has had rockets fired out of Gaza and in most cases randomly which do not hit anything or cause any damage; but not only do you not hear about most of them because there is no 'juice' for the media but also because Israel has been taking it on the chin,.as the slightest 'wrong step' and the UN are all over them like a bad rash.

What you need to remember is that Gaza is not the only Palestinian settlement in Israel but it is the one where the most trouble happens. Back in 2009, Israel had had enough of the rockets being fired into their land on a daily basis and made an incursion into Gaza to stop the problem at its cause; which was to identify and seal up the tunnels that lead into Egypt which Hamas were using to smuggle weapons into Gaza. This was done with initial ground troops to find the places and then strategic bombing to destroy specified targets. Now, not only did Hamas / the Palestinians use children as human shields when fighting against the IDF but they also called for the world to blame israel when these children died! And as for the bombing? Every day, prior to any bombing occuring they dropped leaflets detailing exactly where was going to be bombed to make sure that the civillians had chance to evacuate. But guess what, one of the senior Hamas members whose home was targetted for bombing MADE his family stay inside he building whilst he evacuated and then again, called for the world to blame Israel for their deaths!! There were multiple stories relating to alleged 'war crimes' by the Israelies during this incursion but didnt anyone notice that despite all of the investigations, charges were never brought? Thats because no war crimes were commited, at least, by the Israelies.

Two things to remember:

1. All the Jews ever wanted was a piece of land to call home, and after much struggle and suffering, they got it and it is internationally recognised. If you fought that long and that hard for your home, wouldnt you want to defend it from the people who would do you harm just because of your choice of religion?

2. Palestinians and many Muslims (I am not saying all) are taught from a very young age to hate teh Isrealies / Jews. This was highlighted for me back in 2009 during the incursion when a UK teacher quit his job at an inner city primary school because he was horrified that the young Muslim children cheered at the deaths of IDF soldiers and talked openly about how the Jews were their enemies. I can tell you for a fact that Israelie children are NOT taught to hate.

What I think people fail to understand is that the Israelies set aside territory for the Palestinians, provide them with matierals, goods, electricity, water, gas, sewer systems, assist them to be self sufficient and do everything they can to appease world opinion (and the UN) in the process. And yet, because they build a wall to protect hemsleves from the people that would hapily wipe them all out given half a chance; and they are called jailors. Crazy!

Would you let someone who has sworn to kill you, live in your house without protecting yourslef? I sincerely doubt it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"And pigs can fly"

Last time I checked, for every Israeli killed = 10 Palestinians deaths
Not the other way around.
Hamas couldn't even harm a fly if they wanted to.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

1. All the Jews ever wanted was a piece of land to call home, and after much struggle and suffering, they got it and it is internationally recognised. If you fought that long and that hard for your home, wouldnt you want to defend it from the people who would do you harm just because of your choice of religion?

If that is all they ever wanted then maybe they should have chosen a piece of land that was not owned, occupied, and surrounded by their arch nemesis, nor should they have chosen a piece of land that is holy to all three major religions.

At the time there was plenty of arable, livable land in the U.S., Canada, and Russia why didn't they move there?

Why didn't the Allies give the Jews Germany?

Why did they choose Israel, the tiny strip of land located in the heart of a territory controlled by Muslims for 1200+ years?

Was it for the same reason why there can never be a two-state treaty?

Was it for the same reason why the entire old state of Israel must be recreated?

Was it for the same reason why the Dome of the Rock Mosque must eventually be knocked down so the Temple Mount can be rebuilt and Jesus can return?

edit on 9-4-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have a few issues with the scource.
a) They are spinning this into propoganda "savage missile blitz"
b) Its an Israeli news website

DEBKAfile (Hebrew: תיק דבקה‎) is a Jerusalem-based English language Israeli open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East. The word "Debka" refers to an Arab folk dance.[1]

c) Only 80 percent of what they report is true says the sites operators. In reality it could be less. They also sound a little crazy.

The site's operators, in contrast, state that 80 percent of what Debka reports turns out to be true, and point to its year 2000 prediction that al-Qaeda would again strike the World Trade Center, and that it had warned well before the 2006 war in Lebanon that Hezbollah had amassed 12,000 Katyusha rockets pointed at northern Israel.[1]

d) I can't find any other news scource confirming his information.
e) not to mention.

Forbes identifies the best part of the website as being its archives, but decries the fact that "most of the information is attributed to unidentified sources."

edit on 9-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

Oh and

Israeli intelligence officials do not consider even 10 percent of the site's content to be reliable

Source
This news is just propoganda.

It only tooks me a few mintues to pretty much destroy the credibility of your source.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Who would have thought propping up a Western-sponsored nation in the middle of the arab/islamic land would have been such a divisive issue? Well, besides the arms and military contractors who created the idea in the first place.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The main problem is the occupation, and the expansion of illegal settlements, raise your hands if you disagree and tell us what the true problem is.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So it's called backing Israel into a corner because the Palestinians want the land Israel has stolen back?

Stolen back? back? That implies they owned it before the Palestinians! hahahahahaha! Shot yourself in the foot there! To late to edit or clarify your post! Was that a Freudian Slip?. Now we know deep down you believe it's Israels land ..... To late!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

If that is all they ever wanted then maybe they should have chosen a piece of land that was not owned, occupied, and surrounded by their arch nemesis, nor should they have chosen a piece of land that is holy to all three major religions.

Well, firstly because the Hebrews first went into Israel (or Canaan as it was known then) to settle back in 1401 BC when they escaped slavery from Egypt. And as for 'not choosing a piece of land that is not holy to all three major religions' do you know why that place is holy to all three? because all three religions sprang from the same place! For example, the stone that is held in the Dome of the Rock is the foundation stone for both Muslim and Jewish faith in as far as it is believed that this is the rock that their respective Prophets sat on / rose to the heavens on to firt meet with god. Tell me, given your comments, who should that belong to??

At the time there was plenty of arable, livable land in the U.S., Canada, and Russia why didn't they move there?

In 1401 BC I do not believe the escaped slaves had enough 'technology' to reach such places; plus they were led to Canaan by Moses.

Why didn't the Allies give the Jews Germany?

Like I said, Hebrews first settled in what would become Isreal a good three thousand years before the end of WW2 so why would they suddenly want German? Secondly, the allies were not in a poitions to do so. If you remember, at the end of the war the allies agreed with Russia to split europNo. e in two from Berlin, giving the east to Russia (hence Eastern Germany, the Berlin Wall (you may have heard of it?) and the forming of the USSR) thus Germany was not theirs to give.

Why did they choose Israel, the tiny strip of land located in the heart of a territory controlled by Muslims for 1200+ years?

Already answered.

Was it for the same reason why there can never be a two-state treaty?

?

Was it for the same reason why the entire old state of Israel must be recreated?

?

Was it for the same reason why the Dome of the Rock Mosque must eventually be knocked down so the Temple Mount can be rebuilt and Jesus can return?

Thats a prophecy and relates to the finding of the Ark of the Covenant. What you seem to forget also is that the Muslims knocked down the Jewish Temple on Temple Mount and then put up the Dome of the Rock after, so the prophecy actually calls for divine retribution (so to speak)

edit on 9-4-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by AtlantisX99 because: made comments bold

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My theory on this "savage missile blitz", is that it is the usual practice Hamas is celebrating Chinese New Year.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I actually think that this thread reflects the reason why there will never be peace between the Israelies and the Palestinians. Some people believe that what the Palestinians and Hamas are doing is right and just and some people believe that the Israelies are right.

I would suggest that on the whole; popular opinion in the world favours Israel but not so strongly as to allow them to oust the Palestinians. Hamas are labelled terrorists because of their tactics but don't forget that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter....

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

On edit: Just recognized your screen name. You're the dude who claims to have intentionally taken your kids into a war zone, and then complains that they heard guns and stuff and got scared, and PM'd me about how you were inspired to enlist in the IDF and kill some Palestinian kids in revenge. I think we're done here, Yissachar

his "dark forces of terror"avatar should have given him away earlier IMO

crap!
can't remember at the moment but hamas or hezbollah isn't one of these groups supposed to be a mossad fabrication/false front?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Of course it makes sense. Certain factions in the ME want a war with Israel and the west. It's not like that's a secret. There are obviously quite a few people that believe they are supposed to convert, enslave or kill 4/5 of the world and target number one would be Israel. Is it a million, 10, 100? I dunno, but it's enough to pose a threat to the entirety of humankind and certainly to Israel.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It is internationally recognized OUTSIDE of the Middle East, not within..
What do you think would have happened if they instead whacked Israel in the middle of Europe and every one recognized it except the Europeans??

It's also Internationally Recognized that Israel are creating illegal settlements but you don't mention that..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Certain factions in the ME want a war with Israel and the west.

But do they want war or do they merely wish to retaliate for invasions already perpetrated?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Probably both. There is certainly a set of goals that are exploiting the negative aspects of their interaction with the west in search of a violent means to impose their views on the people of the ME and of the west, though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

It is internationally recognized OUTSIDE of the Middle East, not within..
What do you think would have happened if they instead whacked Israel in the middle of Europe and every one recognized it except the Europeans??

It's also Internationally Recognized that Israel are creating illegal settlements but you don't mention that..

Lol if your going to start preaching that sort of rubbish then surely you need to start on the US Colonials for stealing the land from the Native Americans. That happend a long time after the Jews took control of the land of Canaan. Maybe the English should get out of England to allow the French back in? or maybe the Romans?? rofl
edit on 2-5-2011 by AtlantisX99 because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join