It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Savage missile blitz from Gaza sends a million Israelis to shelters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Looks like things are heating up between Gaza and Israel (again):

www.debka.com...

Interesting "conspiracy" angle to the article which, if true, could have wider implications for the Middle East as a whole:

debkafile discloses a less obvious motive behind the mounting violence: Hamas is trying to establish new rules for the conflict on advice and directives coming from its Lebanese ally, Hizballah, to step up its barrage on Israel by 25 percent. The IDF is forced to respond to the resulting escalation in kind.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Well, let me some damage and hear of the casualties from this "savage missile blitz"....

Why would Hamas want increased Israeli aggression? That doesnt make sense.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Sounds like that "iron dome" thing was a pretty damn big waste of money.

I dunno why Israelis are hiding, the Gazans shoot like goddamned Imperial Storm Troopers.

No doubt this is causing tens of dollars worth of damage to the pavement of Beersheba!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I think they've only deployed the anti-missile system in the north, and the attacks from Hamas are being done in the south.

It did shoot down some missiles that Hamas fired in from the north earlier in the week.

Then Hamas called for a cease-fire, Israel said no, and Hamas attacked again, then Israel attacked again...

I think I see a pattern.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Well, if the article is correct, Hamas is being nudged by Hizbullah to attack. Maybe they want to see if there are weak spots in Israel's new anti-missile system. Maybe they're trying to ratchet up tensions before the flotilla that's supposed to arrive in Gaza in mid-May.

Or maybe they just like to fight each other like they've been doing for quite some time now.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I wonder how many empty fields those monsters killed this time.....

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

I think they've only deployed the anti-missile system in the north, and the attacks from Hamas are being done in the south.

It did shoot down some missiles that Hamas fired in from the north earlier in the week.

Then Hamas called for a cease-fire, Israel said no, and Hamas attacked again, then Israel attacked again...

I think I see a pattern.

Yeah, I saw some got shot down, but... Well, Gaza's pretty tiny, how are you going to put up a missile defense and claim that you can only defend from one corner of what amounts to a football field? And if it's costing THAT much, and doing THAT little, in only a small corner of a small location?

If I were an Israeli taxpayer, I'd be a little annoyed.

of course, Debka has a strident interest in propagandizing (look at that title, really, "savage missile blitz"? Sheesh) . Why would Hamas want to start a new war with Israel? They wouldn't.

Islamic Jihad, however...

of course, the average Israeli taxpayer looks at Gaza with the exact same attitude that the average German taxpayer looked at Prague; kill 'em all, don't bother sorting after.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I would like to know where all of the threads about what caused the blitz on gaza?? Maybe the fact that Israel was again provoked by the fact that the gazans fired an anti tank rocket at a bus filled with israeli kids..

Where is peoples fake outrage at that??

Or are israeli kids not human thus not worthy of any angst?

Fact is, the gazans tried to kill a bunch of kids on a bus, have been firing rockets for weeks, and am now getting everything they deserve..

No sympathy...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I would like to know where all of the threads about what caused the blitz on gaza?? Maybe the fact that Israel was again provoked by the fact that the gazans fired an anti tank rocket at a bus filled with israeli kids..
Fact is, the gazans tried to kill a bunch of kids on a bus, have been firing rockets for weeks, and am now getting everything they deserve..
No sympathy...

Attacking kids is a definite no no IMO..
So tell me how many Palestinian kids have Israel killed??

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

No sympathy...

So, your argument is, "They live there, so we should kill them because of what some other people who live there did"?

Ever thought people like you hate Hamas so much because you're just insanely jealous of someone who's exactly like you in every way?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

How many Palestinians did the Zionists kill in the last week? That is a good place to start.

All this increase in attacks against Palestinians is to pressure Egyptian in to submissions. Egyptians rallied against the blockade of Gaza by the Egyptian government, now the Egyptian military is cracking down on protesters.

Depka is a very reliable source, no speculation, nor any outright lies, nor any assumptions, true Zionist journalism.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Sounds like that "iron dome" thing was a pretty damn big waste of money.

I dunno why Israelis are hiding, the Gazans shoot like goddamned Imperial Storm Troopers.

No doubt this is causing tens of dollars worth of damage to the pavement of Beersheba!

Even the imperial storm troopers hit once and while!
edit on 9-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Attacking kids is a definite no no IMO..
So tell me how many Palestinian kids have Israel killed??

It is collateral damage so it is OK.

I mean if Palestinians had guided missiles, Jets, Satellites with perfect coordination, drones with perfect precession, I'm sure Palestinians would still target innocent people.

I'm sure if Zionist only had home made rockets with no guidance system or any special features, then they would still aim for the fighters, and not civilians.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Look

I do not want any child to be killed on account of the stupididty of their adults..

But what is israel supposed to do?

Do nothing when attacked??

Live in the real world!

If the rockets would stop, so would the blitz.. ON BOTH SIDES

I personally think this will never be sorted out.. There is too much blood invested on both sides for an era of forgiveness and reconcilliation to suddenly break out...

That mixed with the israeli paranoia...

Truth is... The israelis are as much in a "prison" as gaza is.. Surrounded by enemies.. The Arabs do nothing to alliviate the paranoia so it continues...

But if you want to blame anyone for the the current blitz, you have to look no further than those who started it.. I have no sympathy as they bought on themselves and their own people.. Maybe they need new leaders who will not drag them all to hell huh??

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

Yeah, I saw that about Egypt, too. Seems some of the Egyptian soldiers joined the protesters (and were even shielded by them) until the military came in and broke it.

news.yahoo.com...

What makes this concerning is that other countries are involved, at least by words at this point:

www.businessinsider.com...

Forces outside of Gaza are pushing Hamas to attack, or offering support if Israel attacks in return.

If things continue to escalate, we will be seeing a wider regional (possibly world) war in addition to the protests we've been seeing.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Back at ya... Same arguement on both sides is it not??

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

But if you want to blame anyone for the the current blitz, you have to look no further than those who started it.. I have no sympathy as they bought on themselves and their own people.. Maybe they need new leaders who will not drag them all to hell huh??

No one knows who started it..
Israel continually attacks the Palestinians..
Palestinians continually fight back..

I'd look at Israel's leader also..Don't just blame Hamas..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The Israeli Government has, quite rightly to, got itself a nasty reputation and consequently nobody believes its PR and neither should its own government's ministers.

I do think though that if you nave a nuclear facility within range of hostile rockets you need to think damn fast and damn quick unless you, in your rash actions, cause yourself to get blown up by your own nuclear equipment.

The Palestinians have nothing to loose with the way their lives are at the moment but Israel does. so in one respect who is the weakest of the two?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Albaradi is a MOLD, he has no power in Egypt, he is just talking crap about Israel to gain some support amongst the Egyptian population, a true politician, after all politics revolves around lies and deceit, once you win then you are in the big boys club, the people who voted for you don't matter after.

What I'm trying to say is that the Egyptian military elite will never attack Israel, in no case. This is the same military elite which is funded by US in amounts of billions, you can call it bribing, or buying a whole sale army.

This same army was complicit with Mubarak's crimes against Egyptians, and continued supported the collective punishment of Gazans.

The revolution continues, this time against the Army Elite who are trying to take hostage the revolution,

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The gazans fired an anti tank rocket at a bunch of kids on a bus..

THAT is what started the current blitz..

That plus gaza has been pushing israel for months... People may snear at these "little rockets" from gaza, but i have seen what they can do. Not only to property but to the psychology of people constatnly on the recieving end.. My own daughter has had to have treatment for PTSD because of them..

People who fear will react savagely to attacks.. That is human nature... And if the people have better weapons, the sure as hell will use them..

Fear then needs to be taken out of the equation..

Then, we will see greater concessions..

But this fear will just make things even worse over time..

For everyone

EDA: Totally agree about the leadership

edit on 9-4-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join