It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would vote for Trump?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Donald Trump is a man of big business: Big business is about maximising profits: Maximising profits is wanton greed: Wanton greed has created this world wide inequality.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
In short absolutely not!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cardicorona

If the two candidates are Trump and Obama I will vote Trump, If thw two candidates are Palin and Obama I will vote Obama, If Ron Paul or Romney are the republican ticket I will vote for either of them. It depends on who is on the ticket.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I would only vote for a rich candiate if the were poor and struggled and that was how they got rich.Futhermore they must have a history of charity or volunteer work. They also need to address the issues of poverty,a raise in the cola for ss,equal inexpensive health care,homelessness and affordable housing. If none of these things are evn thought of by the candiate then it not the right candaite for the USA!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There really should be a little more qualfications to being President. Of course being rich isn't a qualfication but it attracts the wealthy who can buy their way into power. I really feel there should be stricter rules that have nothing to do with money!
Just because someone is wealthy does not mean they are smart and are qualfied.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If i was an american, well yes, I would vote for trump as i would want a arrogant self centre arse leading me into the future.
He will fit in just fine

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I thought many of his companies are chapter 11? He proclaims he is great at business but seems like he is a ponzi scam himself. He has had many companies he owns file chapter whatever? Does anyone know the real deal?
I don't think this guy could do any better financially speaking than the clowns we have now.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

Funny how he has all this money but can't manage it? If I had millions of dollars I would have the sense to how to use it. If he is in bankruptcy he is still way better off fincially speaking than most americans. He is still rich regardless of his finical troubles.
It is not like he is living on the streets or in an apartment. He is probably still living in a mansion. This does not mean he struggle finically it just means he mismangaed his money.
edit on 9-4-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

See now you want to play stupid, and dumb down the reality of votes.... Your Fired!!!
reply to post by imitator

NO I was just trying to say that just becfause 10 million people watch his show does not mean 10 million people will vote for Trump.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Can some people clear up a few things for me.

I see claims about how rich Trump is. OK. How rich is he? I am not looking for more of the BS hype he puts out and people repeat. I am looking for real numbers and source. Thank you.

I also see wild claims about his popularity. Based on what? One poster says he is more popular than Obama. I actually doubt that. I believe Charlie Sheen or Justin Bieber maybe but not Trump. He is not exactly the most beloved man in the country.

Anyone that can explain how rich and how popular in America Trump ACTUALLY is will be my hero today.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
Trump had over 10 million viewers on The Apprentice, and I'm sure most of them where Trump fans,

This is what confuses me right here. I have watched almost every season of the apprentice. I have never in my life been a "Trump fan" though. It is kind of the same reason I find myself watching Redeye at night. Not because I like anyone on the panel or would vote them into office. I know lots of people that watch the apprentice and all think Trump is kind of an ass. That is why they watch it. My one friend watches Judge Judy just because they think she is so nasty. Same with Nancy Grace. People are masshochistic when it comes to entertainment. There is a reason that Passion of the Christ was knocked out of the number 1 spot by Dawn of the Dead a week later.

then you have other fan base avenues which can add up into the 10's of millions.

What is the "other fanbase?"
Seriously. Who would those people be? Fans of naming rights contracts? 10's of millions? Golfers? Who are his "other fans?"

His notoriety can add up into the 100's of millions... much more than any candidate running. Huckabee, Romney, Palin are nothing but a speck compared to Trump...

Trump would be the only one that could beat Obama.

Pay close attention to your use of the word "notoriety." How many people on American Idol do you suppose people would elect president? Clay Aiken for secretary of fabulous?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

See now you want to play stupid, and dumb down the reality of votes.... Your Fired!!!

NO I was just trying to say that just becfause 10 million people watch his show does not mean 10 million people will vote for Trump.

I basically already said that, most of them would vote for Trump...

Trump had over 10 million viewers on The Apprentice, and I'm sure most of them where Trump fans, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your original statement doesn't match with what your explaining.
Now... don't be so scandalous.... Your Fired!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Okay I am sure most of the people who watch the apprentice will not vote for trump.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Ya I know people who watch Ed Schultz and laugh the same way.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
[snip] no.

First off, If I was American I'd be voting Paul or independent.

Second, why vote for someone who got to where they are through unfair competition over compassion and virtue? He'd be susceptible to lobbyists, and I feel his politics as a whole are not sound enough.
edit on 10/4/11 by masqua because: Edited profanity

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Sinnthia

Ya I know people who watch Ed Schultz and laugh the same way.

Um...

uh...

Ok????
What in the name of all that is good and holy does Ed have to do with anything in this thread or anything that I have written? Is that really your idea of discourse? I say something about the thread topic so you toss in a dig at any random name from the left you can think of? Ed is not running for president, not the subject of the thread, not in any thing I posted. Seriously what is wrong with some of you?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I will probably offend a lot of people with my opinion, but that's ok. I am used to doing that.

Only an idiot would commit to vote for trump at this stage. Why do I say that?

a) What are his views on Foreign Policy?

b) Views on education?

c) Any plan on how to lower the cost for college tuition?

d) What does he think about the economy?

e) What is his take on Healthcare?

f) What is his ideas concerning the war in Iraq?

g) Afghanistan?

h) Libya?

I can go on and on.... but let us be honest. No one here knows what he thinks about anything I listed, do you know why? Because Trump is too busy talking about Obama's birth certificate!! As long as that is his only focus, no one bothers to ask him any real questions about doing the actual job of a President. Since he has not even been asked these questions, only a complete fool would commit to vote for him at this stage.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by morf991
I was looking at the polls regarding Obama v. Republican opponents, in all the polls it shows Obama in the lead. highest was 10 point difference.

Check it out

www.realclearpolitics.com...

and it don't look too good for Mr. Paul as the Republican nomination.

www.realclearpolitics.com...
edit on 8-4-2011 by morf991 because: added

Under the circumstances, he's going to be leading, especially the individual matchups. Until the campaign starts, the coverage of the potential candidates against him will be fairly minimal, while Obama's face will be on TV every day.

The polling actually suggests that he's quite vulnerable. Notice that in the generic polling, against an unnamed GOP opponent and at a time when he has the spotlight to himself, he's still averaging under 44%. The implication here is that voters do indeed want an alternative to Obama. They just haven't found it yet. Its true even in several of the individual matchups, where, although Obama has small, but consistent leads, he still can't break out of the 40s.

As for Trump...no thanks. He was a self-identified Democrat as late as 2004, and now he appears to be trying to pick off some support from the Tea Party conservatives. Yeah right. He's another Mitt Romney. He's just an opportunist who will tell people whatever he thinks will get him elected.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well we have all seen the results of voting in a man who had experience at nothing right now, and it isn’t pretty.
Trump isn’t a politician, and he already has money, has American attitude which I miss, so he has my vote until other information says otherwise.
Imagine if Trump was president now, instead of defending building a Mosque at ground zero (which Obama defends) from 911, we would have already built the tallest buildings on the planet. We need that spirit back in America.

edit on 10-4-2011 by Steve8511 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In a lot of smaller cities and towns we have an elected board who hires a town manager to handle administration. The town manager is strictly business and allegedly no politics are involved whatsoever.

There are some larger cities up here who have moved to the "mayor" model where a mayor is completely political and elected.

Between the mayors and the managers take a wild guess as to which municipalities are consistently bankrupt and which are consistently in the black.

If Trump would shut his mouth about stupid political tripe and just run things well I'd consider him. I gave Perot my vote back in the day.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join