It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would vote for Trump?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Pros:

While I don't know if Trump is the top candidate for the presidency, I must admit that the idea of a business tycoon of his stature in office may be very good for the Economy. Let's face it the current economy is in shambles.

It seems to me that Trump really does not have much to lose or care how he looks in the public eye.

He has repeatedly said that he would stand up to foreign powers like China which is something that is desperately needed in America. We need to regain the viewpoint that we need to look out for number one. This is something the current president definitely does not do.

We need someone with a backbone that will not run away whenever faced with troubled times. This is a must have quality for any successful businessman in all areas of business. The second you hesitate you lose too much. America needs a conservative president with a hands on approach right now, like Reagan. Historically, true capitalist ideology is the one form of economy that can turn economic tides in nation. (I'm thinking Great Depression and FDR once he finally realized that his Social Programs were only further bankrupting America, among other instances)

He stands up for what he believes in. Obviously with the whole birther argument. These are always the best presidents. The ones who do not conform to the ideology of their respective political parties or to the wishes of TPTB.

I'm sure there are more...

Cons:

He is starting to appeal to a lot of people right now very quickly. This could very-well mean he may be an anti-Christ, although I doubt it. We would just have to watch him like a fox, which we should be doing with all of our representatives anyway.

He may be a puppet and/or a member of TPTB. But then again, so is every other president.

I'm sure there are more...

What do all of you think?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cardicorona

if he runs... he gets my vote...

but then again,, so did-- H. ross Perot

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Doesn't he wear a wig? Hair implants? I don't think anyone who is the anti-christ would force themselves to wear a wig, or he could be hiding his horns

On a more serious note, I think he would do quite well to be honest, he seems to be very level headed and is very business minded indeed. I would give him a shot

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Actually as rich is trump is.. I think he was less of a puppetee and more of a puppeteer...

To be honest though I don't, didn't and never will trust him...

With that said, unfortunately the man knows how to run a successful business..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

HELL NO!

but then again i am not voting for ventura,palin,kucinch,jndal,romney,huckabee or hilliary clinton
edit on 8-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I’ve had enough with the over credentialed, under qualified, marginally educated Yalies and Harvard boys who are running this country off a cliff. He speaks his mind unabridged by PC constraints, has enough money to self finance so he won’t be bought, and seems level headed.

I could vote for him.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

link   
i would vote for Spongebob if he ran...or even Patrick star...anybody would be better than the last 2 idiot puppets we have had...Cheney was the boss during Bushs terms and Obamas big CHANGE campaign was more like CHANGE for the worse....I believe that TRUMP wouldnt allow for anyone to be the boss other than him and I think that he could manag the countryback on its feet. Hes a self made billionaire. Yeah he probably has done some questionable things along the way to achieve what he has but I think he would be a good change of pace...but the sad thing is no matter runs our votes dont matter and they never will...the presidential elections are rigged and the winner predetermened...I would vote for him if I felt that voting mattered..too bad it daesnt and too bad that select few decide who the leader gets to be

link   
Trump, imo, is a plant by the democrats to discredit the GOP.

No, I wouldn't vote for him if I could, but I would vote him off the island.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd vote for him. You don't get as far as he has being a push over.
Lets face it, he can't do any worse then the boob in office now. Well actually an inflatable doll couldn't do worse then obama. (ouch, that sounded cruel even to me
)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Trump would trump Obama.... or any other candidate. Trump's fan base is greater than any candidate out there. If a poll shows Trump losing, then that poll is rigged.

For example, there is no way in hell that Mitt Romney could lead Trump in the polls....

www.nydailynews.com...
The Public Policy Polling survey is a freaking joke.....

If voting really worked I would vote for Trump, however it's all rigged and your vote becomes void. The powers that be have your vote.

edit on 8-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If Ron Paul decides not to run, Trump is next in line for my vote. While I am on the line about hos intentions and how he would run things, as it's been stated, he is a very level headed man. Besides, candidates can be deceiving, just look at Obama,but who says that the process can't work in reverse once? Maybe this time, the one who seems to be the controller will really turn things around. Only time and remote viewing will tell.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was looking at the polls regarding Obama v. Republican opponents, in all the polls it shows Obama in the lead. highest was 10 point difference.

Check it out

www.realclearpolitics.com...

and it don't look too good for Mr. Paul as the Republican nomination.

www.realclearpolitics.com...
edit on 8-4-2011 by morf991 because: added

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Trump's fan base is greater than any candidate out there. If a poll shows Trump losing, then that poll is rigged.
reply to post by imitator

who or what is Trumps fan base??

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here's the website for Donald Trump on the Issues

I'll have to look this over his positions and get back to you as to whether or not I'd vote for him.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

Trump's fan base is greater than any candidate out there. If a poll shows Trump losing, then that poll is rigged.
reply to post by imitator

who or what is Trumps fan base??

I guess you don't watch tv much?

Anyway if Huckabee, Romney, Palin, are running AGAIN, then the joke is on all of us, none of them are worth a crap against Obama, nor would they be great leaders.
edit on 8-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
He gets my vote... Lets face it, the government is just one big business. If anyone knows how to orchestrate all the moving parts and get the most efficient results from those workings, its him. Plus, he's direct, driven, and confident. We Need This! Most importantly, he loves this country and is proud of it!
I also feel that he listens to the collective voices of his constituents. His result oriented approach would undoubtedly bring true change.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'd bet half his income that at least a few of those positions have been altered in the decade that's passed since those positions were established. It seems reasonable that even the donald changed his stance on a few things given all that has happened since 9/11.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hopefully enough republicans that they are divided and conquered

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I would vote for him. I would sign-up and support his campaign.

We've tried the professional politicians. Lets get someone in there who does not care about the "the way it works in Washington" and simply looks to fix the problem, regardless of political ramifications. Maybe its Trump and maybe its someone else. It certainly is not someone who has never had a real job, like our current President, who, at the time of the next election will be running as someone who has had one job and did a miserable job at that. The fact that he will actually win or nearly win the election is absolutely astounding. It also is not someone who has been grooming him/herself for the job for the past decade or more by sucking up and kissing the cans of the media and the elite.

How about someone who does not care if he wins a second term? Right now we have a model where someone gets elected, works for about 2 years and then runs for relection. They tell us that, winning the second term, they will now be able to "do" something. How about someone that wants to give the country 4 serious years of efforts? How refreshing would it be for a President to simply put himself on the ballot? Decline debates, not look to raise a ton of cash and just run on their record?

It might not be Trump, but if we're serious about dealing with the real problems, it is certainly not any of the folks considered serious candidates by the media and political class on either side of the isle and that includes the empty suit who currently holds the job.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join