It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation levels 1280 in New york on blackcatsystems!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well I got a reply again from blackcat.

He said this was the cause of the problem.

"I asked, and he said that he was having issues with his serial port."

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I commuted from queens to the port authority and everything seems to be normal. No hazmat suits or increase in authority figures of any kind. *shrug*

I don't have a headache or any abnormal health effects either.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Not sure if this is directly related, but it was on yahoo news, and the boat mentioned was an actual radiation source. Either way, I offer it for analysis.
NYC's ambitious dirty-bomb defenses put to test

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The one in maryland is now reading 320

www.blackcatsystems.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
And I have another email with an update on what happened from the same guy.

A further update: He was doing some work with an Arduino (electronic/computer prototyping board) that was plugged into the same computer as his radiation detector. When his computer rebooted overnight, it started reading data from it instead of the radiation detector, which produced a bogus radiation reading.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Okay if the wind is heading from Jersey to Maryland right now, we have our answer.

It could(I repeat could) be something going on.

339 in Maryland now?

Update: It disappeared.

No readings from the same spot.
edit on 8-4-2011 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

331 ,

you gotta say that is interesting

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Yeah it is. But if I am going to check the map all the time my eyes will bleed

So I am no expert on the answers given. Does it make sense to anyone who knows anything about this?

I must say I have to thank him for such a quick reply every time.

Respect for the man.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I read a 337 after reading the Op and checking, was staring at that in amazement ten minutes ago. It's gone since, and I've updated it a dozen times.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

currently...

oh well

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So I asked him about Maryland and this is the reply I got.

Yeah, a glitch while I was trying to check out the high readings from NYC. Operator error. It should be back to normal now.

I'd strongly suggest that you advise people to understand that glitches do happen. If you see a high reading, when other readings, especially those nearby, are normal, that it is far more likely to be a glitch than an actual high radiation reading.

I have to go to work so I leave you to be and wish you a nice day of finding out what you believe is the case here.

I have no idea. But I think I am going to leave it in the middle.

He could be right. And then on the other side will we ever know?

Peace.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Any chance that high reading was somewhere near a harbor? Just thinking a water vessel could have carried in or carried out what was responsible for the reading.

Also, since I can't be the only one wondering how someone would know that reading was a glitch without visiting, I'm left asking whether the owner of the geiger counter was contacted and able to confirm that he'd just microwaved his leg after having x-rays on it? Or that his geiger counter was malfunctioning, or stuck between two slabs of granite?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out that this website (blackcatsystems) uses a different unit of measurement than radiationnetwork.

From the blackcatsystems website.

Typical background radiation levels for most of the USA are in the 5 to 28 uR/hr range. Readings can be higher for brief periods of time due to normal variations in radiation levels. They can also be consistently higher for areas at high elevations such as Colorado, or with larger natural deposits of uranium, thorium, radon, etc.

blackcatsystems measures uR/hr whereas raditionnetwork measures CPM. Just wanted to point that out to you all. In that case, those readings are extremely high.
edit on 8-4-2011 by mutantgenius because: atrocious spelling.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This one is a better indication.
give it a minute for the animation to build...

link to radiation movement
edit on 2011-4-8 by true-life because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Glad I live in NY
. I don't have a machine to test the air, but wouldn't other states around NY be effected too? I know I've been coughing alot lately, that's about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

How reliable is Blackcatsystems?

Anyways I think members can connect their own detectors to the server to send data, in that sense it could be tweaked to cause panic.

I'm just trying to add other explanations, but any explanation is right until confirmation.

Buy your own detector and do a test.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Can anyone explain how to take readings in my area and other areas all I see is the orange dots that have various numbers like 9 or 6 etc. I want to be able to see the readings and do not know how to work the system.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I live in NYC and have been checking the monitors a thousand times a day. I did see the high reading and almost fainted! It was a glitch. (Lucked out this time)

Here is the graph for NYC over several days. It shows no spike:
www.epa.gov...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am pretty new to this all but looking at the blackcat system, if you move over to Japan it is reading 11 and one at 18....... isnt' that a tad low considering we know there is radiation being released in large amounts there? I am confused.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Generally, the bigger you are, the less harmful the radiation will be. Start piling up on twinkies everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join