It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation levels 1280 in New york on blackcatsystems!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Radiation levels 1280 in New york on blackcatsystems!

www.blackcatsystems.com

Look at the link that is provided.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nj.com
edit on 8-4-2011 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by sevensheeps because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There is no news link to this but I was looking at that Gl etc site and I saw this reading on Blackcat myself. I have a screenshot in case it disappears.

So what could this be, the readings are off the chart.

I mean 1280, what can generate these kinds of levels of radiation??

Can anyone confirm this that is in the New York area?

Let's hope this is a glitch.

There was a dirty bomb exercise in New York link provided in additional news links.
Maybe this is related but this is very strange and I really hope that the system is messed up.

(mods I had no idea where to put this, please move if posted in the wrong section)

www.blackcatsystems.com
(mods there was no news snippet so I am very sorry)
edit on 8-4-2011 by sevensheeps because: no news snippet

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Yup showing 1280 for me too, though they do say that high spikes can be errors, if this is prolonged I'd be a little concerned.

As for a dirtybomb drill, I really doubt they'd actually release any radioactive material for a drill. They could, however, be feeding the sensors false data as they do during drills (911 drills and such). I'd like to see someone on the ground with a meter to provide actual readings.

link   
Strange as hell.... Would they raise it as part of the drill? Maybe, don't make sense to me though, could cause unneeded panic, unless they warned ahead of time they would do that...

link   
I like what is at the top of the map

"Are your friends panicked by media coverage of the event? Share this page so they can see things are currently normal. You can scroll and zoom around the map. "

is 1280 normal?

glad the directions at the top are keepingme out of panic mode

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well it is a non governmental site so it 'should' be independent.

Is there any other system online that can confirm these levels?

peace

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

WOW! I just logged on and it is still that way. There is a reading of 10 just a few miles away, so it is very localized, whatever it is!

Hopefully this is a malfunction in the detector, because if it isn't a malfunction, then we should be getting major news stories about it in second now!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Oh yeah, thought I should point out, that high reading is in the city area as well. I zoomed in to see if it was near indian point...

Put out a call on my friends list to see if anyone can take a reading. No one anwered so far.
edit on Fri, 08 Apr 2011 07:34:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah the levels are insane if true, anyone from New York that can tell us if something happened?

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Zoomed all the way in, that is near Union City, just across from Jersey City.South of Yonkers and Hackensack.

Anyone familiar with that area that could shed some light on potential targets or potential sources of radiation?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I am not really qualified to make a judgment since I do not use that site to often but to me it looks like it should be a "12" and that 80 is some kind of a glitch. I base my opinion mostly on the nearby numbers.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
For those of us that aren't radiation experts, could someone explain what a "normal" reading would be?
And is this being caused by the situation in Japan or something else?
Thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The numbers could be 100% legit and accurate.

Having a 1280 pop up randomly on a meter is not surprising. There is highly localized sources of radiation everywhere around us.

There is almost certainly a logical explanation, given that the measurements are accurate and legit.

There is no reason to be alarmed about this however, although being concerned and researching it is a good thing and we will find a legitimate answer that will make perfect sense. Perhaps we should contact the fellows running the meter and ask them what is going on?

Now, if half the meters in the USA were showing that kind of reading, I would be freaking out so hard core man you have no idea. I'd be on a boat to South America tomorrow, for sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The one by valhala went from 12 to 10, and the 1280 still hasn't budged so far. Weird. Normal for NYC area is 10-20 range this time a year if I remember right.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
For those of us that aren't radiation experts, could someone explain what a "normal" reading would be?
And is this being caused by the situation in Japan or something else?
Thanks

Normal background levels are generally between 10 and 40 or even up to like 60 or so. That's pretty normal although fluctuations are expected because of various reasons *many many various reasons*.

Generally an *alert* or warning level would be when it surpasses a count of 120, because at that point you have to realize there is a source of radiation being detected that is generally out of the normal circumstances. Some places always show high readings though, and although people say thats "normal and safe" I wouldn't be living there. For example Billings Montana generally has a very high radiation count compared to most other locations.

There are 1000s of things that could cause radiation meters to have higher than average readings. And sadly most of the detection equipment is not capable of determining the source of those readings.

But in a general sense, when the cpm goes above 120, we need to start looking for answers and figuring out what the cause of that radiation may be. Just to play it safe you know.

The odds of the 1280 reading in NY being from Japan are exceptionally low, and I would consider it very unlikely. The reason is because the surrounding other meters are showing generally normal readings (although perhaps slightly higher than pre-Japan quake, we can debate that).

But such a high reading without the context of the other meters nearby showing high readings, we are going to have to consider this a "localized source" rather than a global or regional event.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
New Jersey officials have found trace amounts of radioactive material from Japans' nuclear accident in rainwater and air samples, but no contamination has been found in milk or drinking water.

News link right here

Maybe this has something to do with it?
This is not from today, and I don't see from what date this newslink is and it could be that it is in the same area.

edit on 8-4-2011 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If the one by valhalla was the spiked one, I would be more worried about it. That one is pretty close to the indian point nuclear power plant.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Here is a good example though for you guys/gals.

2 weeks ago one of the EPA's detection devices gave a reading of like 250,000 cpm. No joke. It fluctuated like that for days, in the 100,000's of cpm. Insane levels of radiation.

One of the ATS members contacted the EPA directly and alerted them to this particular meter going haywire. They went and reviewed the device in question, and replied saying that the meter was WORKING FINE and the READING WAS ACCURATE.

All of the meters surrounding this one showed normal readings of like 20-80 cpm. This one meter was showing some insane levels of alpha radiation it was extremely concerning.

This meter was depicting a "localized" source of radiation, and if the EPA was honest, than it was a exceptionally high source and whoever checked the meter was exposed to a very dangerous situation.

My theory is that the meter is next to something giving off that high level of radiation, for example a nuclear power plant or maybe a naval submarine base or something. It could be anything like that. Who knows???

All I know is that the readings were in the 100,000 range +++ up to 300k. And it 99.999% was not related to Japan in any way at all. And that the source of that radiation was local and not spreading to nearby detection systems.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well it could be true what you are saying ( I hope it is), but wouldn't that mean the people in the surrounding area's are in danger of radiation contamination?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
If the one by valhalla was the spiked one, I would be more worried about it. That one is pretty close to the indian point nuclear power plant.

Correct. The meter next to Indian Point is showing normal readings.

That was my instant reflex, was to check the meter next to that power station.

We have all kinds of potential localized sources of radiation excluding nuclear power. It could be medical waste that breached containment or it could be someone put a toilet in front of the meter. Toilets have generally high rad counts according to some news reports I saw back after 911 happened.

Also if a person just went to the doctor and got scanned by one of the many devices, this could also be the cause. When someone gets scanned at the doctor by a radiation beam, their actual body becomes radioactive as well.

For example my grandfather after he got several X-rays and a CAT scan, his whole body was highly radioactive (and detectable) compared to the state it was in prior to the scans.

I mean the 1280 reading could simply be the scientist who stood in front of the meter for a few minutes. He could have just got back from a doc visit yesterday.

Theres really no way to know. It could be anything.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join