It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the air smelled and tasted metallic today in Arizona

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I can only tell what I witnessed about an hour and a half ago. As was driving home here in Apple Valley Ca.
It was snow'in and blow'in and well, I don't know if nuclear winters can happen when it's reactor pluimes, that are in the atmosphere. But ya that's what it looked like was going on. Snow was kind of dirty looking.

Flash ?

By all means OP thanks for coming forward. and not blowing it off. This may be the only way we have of knowing is by people paying attention and reporting their experiences. SnF

edit on 8-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I know that a metallic smell can be a side effect of antibiotics (not taking any), a sign of diabetes or brain tumor (perfectly healthy, thanks), and pollution.

However, the weather has been WEIRD. And my friend, who does not have asthma, now has asthma. And this smell and taste was something I've never smelled before, despite the fact that I've lived in the valley for years, and go for walks all the time. Even on high pollution days (which we have a lot of), I've never smelled or tasted this metallic taste before.

I usually have a pretty good sense of intuition, and my intuition is telling me that these nuclear particles in the air are affecting the weather in the valley.

I"m not concerned about my health (which is kind of funny), and I"m not considering taking KI (potassium iodide) because honestly, I figure if it's my time to go, it's my time to go. Honestly. And if the world is being flooded with radiation, would I really want to stay alive if everybody else doesn't? No.

I would just like to know if it's happening. Not so I can take KI, but just because I'd like to know.

Makes me think of the web bots "ill winds" prediction. I have a horrible feeling it's starting to come true....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I found it.

YES Iodine toxification CAN CAUSE metal taste in the mouth.

I got a source. Healthblurbs.com.
Source Article
Here are some excerpts.

A metallic taste in your mouth is not an uncommon symptom, and metal tasting is typically not a serious problem. Your perception of a metallic taste can be due to an assortment of metal mouth factors. However, the most common causes of the unflavorful taste of metal are medications used for treatment of:

antibiotics kidney stones antidepressants prenatal vitamins anesthetic ~ lidocaine heart failure ~ captopril giardiasis ~ metronidazole trichomoniasis ~ tinidazole CT scan ~ contrast medium chronic alcoholism ~ disulfiram rheumatoid arthritis ~ auranofin high blood pressure ~ captopril low calcium treatment ~ calcitriol weight loss, diabetes ~ metformin

Unhealthy oral hygiene may be the cause for a metal taste symptoms in your mouth, including: gingivitis periodontitis tooth infections

Some other causes and diseases that may be causing your taste to be metallic are: cancer food allergy peptic ulcer lichen planus marine toxins too much iron hypercalcemia lead poisoning bleeding gums kidney disease eating pine nuts copper overdose selenium toxicity iodine intoxication mercury poisoning cadmium poisoning acute kidney failure burning mouth syndrome

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So yes there is 1000 potential causes of a metallic taste in the mouth.

Iodine being one of them.

This issue needs more attention and we need to get to the bottom of it.

Let's try to rule out some causation and see if we cannot pinpoint what's going on here.

This may be impossible though due to the fact countless things can legitimately be the causation.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live close to Nogales Arizona and was out this morning but didn't notice any unusual smell or taste.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm in Northern Utah and this smell and the symptoms were also present the morning after the rainstorm. Those who are certain that this can't be connected to the fallout seriously confuse me. Why are they on these threads if they do not believe something is going on? Is it just fear that makes them deny we actually have fallout?

Of course there is no way right now we can be certain that radiation is the cause, but I believe those who are insisting this isn't the cause are doing a dis-service to people here. If it turns out to be radiation causing these symptoms, then it is better to be armed with this possibility and be proactive. It is more incentive to stay out of the rain or heavy winds. There are other things that can be done for those who believe in natural health. Chlorophyll is purported to be very helpful, and I added a number of things to my diet between my two incidents and it helped a great deal. For those of you experiencing these symptoms, or even wanting to protect yourself and loved ones, please do not be swayed by those in denial. Seriously, why are they on this site?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Haha, this must be it:

Prophecy discerns the time-frame, the evidence of "signals"
before a big event - like the stench of sulfur in the
air before a major volcanic eruption.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I doubt he was saying:

Are you saying that the multiple meltdown is a hoax?

.....but,you have to admit.....the nuclear reactor situation in Japan IS being exaggerated, here on ATS.

Let's get in our way-back machine.....to August, 1945. Two...count 'em 2, Air Burst radiation release events occurred on Mainland Japan. One over the city of Hiroshima, and another over the city of Nagasaki. (Might have heard about them, in history?)

These released large quantities of fission radiation,and fissionable material, into the atmosphere, at altitude. (Of course, shall we also ignore the earlier ground-level detonations of fission bombs, in the Pacific Atolls, as tests? Or, in New Mexico, before that?)

Other than the direct victims in Japan, in 1945....who were in closest proximity.... what sorts of "fallout" of a detrimental nature resulted from those events?

Surely there must be some scientific, non-hysterically hyperbolic comparisons available to research?

edit on 8 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: the theta radiaiton is eating my brain cells......

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Most likely an industrial accident in your area that isn't reported..

I doubt any radiation would skip the west coast and hit Arizona.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I doubt he was saying:

Are you saying that the multiple meltdown is a hoax?

.....but,you have to admit.....the nuclear reactor situation in Japan IS being exaggerated, here on ATS.

Let's get in our way-back machine.....to August, 1945. Two...count 'em 2, Air Burst radiation release events occurred on Mainland Japan. One over the city of Hiroshima, and another over the city of Nagasaki. (Might have heard about them, in history?)

These released large quantities of fission radiation,and fissionable material, into the atmosphere, at altitude. (Of course, shall we also ignore the earlier ground-level detonations of fission bombs, in the Pacific Atolls, as tests? Or, in New Mexico, before that?)

Other than the direct victims in Japan, in 1945....who were in closest proximity.... what sorts of "fallout" of a detrimental nature resulted from those events?

Surely there must be some scientific, non-hysterically hyperbolic comparisons available to research?

edit on 8 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: the theta radiaiton is eating my brain cells......

It's been discussed many times in in various threads, but atomic bombs are VERY different to what's going on at Fukushima. Why do you think people were able to resettle Hiroshima and Nagasaki so soon after they were destroyed? What about Pripyat near Chernobyl - are people living there? Why not? It was only a reactor explosion and not an atomic bomb, right?

The situation at Fukushima is not being exaggerated all that much on here, to be honest.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
For those of you who are interested in protecting yourselves and loved ones from possible radiation fallout, please have the courage to ignore naysayers who will try to manipulate you into denying what we know to be happening. There is solid proof that there is fallout. Ignore the manipulative labels like "hysterical". I am very calm about this situation and simply want information which is why I come here to sift through the threads. Trust yourself and ignore those who believe a little radiation is all right. Instead, read what our own government put out long before this even happened, threatening the economy and therefore must be lied about:

“Washington, DC, June 30, 2005 – The National Academies of Science released an over 700-page report yesterday on the risks from ionizing radiation. The BEIR VII or seventh Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation report on “Health Risks from Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation” reconfirmed the previous knowledge that there is no safe level of exposure to radiation—that even very low doses can cause cancer. Risks from low dose radiation are equal or greater than previously thought. The committee reviewed some additional ways that radiation causes damage to cells.”

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

We actually tested a lot more nuclear weapons in open air than that.
Honestly? I think huge portions of Japan are screwed, but I think the overall effects in the rest of the world will probably be miniscule.

You will probably see more iodine overdose poisonings than deaths from over use of radiation pills than actual radiation

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think people are just hyper sensitive right now, we all are. This is springtime and many of the little things you would normally ignore, you have a heighten sense of awareness to given all the crazy stuff going on, or not going on.

Face it we live on a polluted planet, hell those responsible for the majority of it are even polluting our outer space.

We cant be the Boy in the Bubble either and even if you are the 1% who are purists, your going to take some of the toxic effects into your body.

Just stay calm and as stress free as possible, live your life with joy and do what you can to incorporate as many healthy habits as possible.

We are all in this together whether in Japan, or anywhere else on 'our' planet.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Im having trouble linking to it.

But right now on CNN.com they linked to a video about Arizona.

There is a Recycling Plant on fire there today at some point.

I don't have any information other than that, I got it from CNN.com.

I am trying to get the video to work but I keep getting a odd error.
It's on their front page , one of the more recent stories posted.

Maybe this recycling plant fire is what caused these issues today?

It said the fire was in Phoenix though. So I really don't know.
Just thought of this thread when I saw it on the news headlines.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'm getting the metallic taste, intermittently, it doesn't last for very long. I've been indoors 90% of the day and I've sealed my room with duct tape. Iodine contamination is doubtful, although I did get rained on when the stuff started first coming in here. I've been taking a blocking dose of potassium iodide, so if it is radioactive iodine, at least I know my thyroid is protected.

I feel perfectly fine. I really think because I am taking a larger than usual dose of potassium iodide, my body is saturated with metal (the good kind). I was reading that potassium iodide helps detoxify the body of heavy metals, such as fluoride or mercury. Might be a good idea to take this stuff occasionally regardless.

I jogged on the treadmill the other day with the windows closed, although the room had been exposed to air all day. I had a very strange numb feeling in my breathing, and my brain honestly felt kind of weird. I attributed it to 2nd day side effects of the KI pills. You never know... It was odd.
edit on 8-4-2011 by northexpedition because: photo

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
radiatioactive elements do not smell or taste

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Yes, I know....tried to keep the post short and to the point:

We actually tested a lot more nuclear weapons in open air than that.

Thanks for mentioning it, too.

BTW, for the OP: Was walking by a commercial property the other day....it's Spring, you know, and they are doing landscape maintenance. The mulch and fertilizer had a distinct metallic "tang" to it....I know you're in Arizona, were there is more xeriscape than "wet" landscaping....but, still, there are always areas that receive mulching and fertilizer....things that are green won't live on "desert landscaping" techniques alone.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join