It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A funny thing happened on the way to the SuperMoon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I know I posted this on another thread only because I could not make threads yet. I am still working on getting the disk to put on the computer of the photos I took. I will get them up as soon as I can.

First off what I am going to tell you that happened is not something that anyone I know has ever heard of this happening and second, I asked a friend who was here with me at the time to make sure I was not imagining things. Please, I must ask you find spelling or sentence structure issues; I usually use word pad and a dictionary if and when needed.

Ok, I wanted to get photos of the supermoon on the 17, 18, 19 of this month, however on the 18th; I took photos of the sun because something very odd to happened. When I looked at the sun as it was setting, it was flashing pink and red, at sometimes the sun was actually split in both colors down the middle. As I was watching and taking photos, I kept the site of a telephone pole in site so I could make sure of what I was seeing as I was taking photos. I also had a friend over who witness the situation that presented itself. That was fortunate for me for confirmation most defiantly.
As the sun was setting, besides the weird color that seemed off, as I was watching the sun set, it started to come back up. As I took the photos of the sun and started to notice the sun was rising in the west. I started snapping photos so I could make sure I have documented proof, simply because this is an oddity that I would say you need actual documentation to back your words but also for people to see it as well. I called my friend to come out and asked her if she saw what I was seeing. She agreed with me that is what was happening.
I was very excited that I was able to get the photos I was getting using the telephone pole and wires for a guide of what I thought was happening. After about 3 or 4 minutes the sun started to set more and finally went down.
Well the supermoon came and went, not without much of a ruckus in its own unique way may I say. When I took the photos there were items in the sky that were not normally there. The north star had moved to the left of where it normally was and when I was taking the photos I noticed one planet that seemed out of place. Of course the moon was beautiful on all three days. Also on the day of the first supermoon, I took photos as the sun was setting and the moon was that paper thin white color in the sky where you could almost see all of it and you knew it was full however it was too light in the dusk for you to see it all clearly. There were absolutely no clouds in that blue sky holding the moon. Well harp clouds but they were down on the horizon at that time.
The photos were taken in, the cameras I used were two Kodak throw away cameras for the first two days and the third day we got a green and white camera that you throw away, I think probably Fiji. I could not find my digital nor did I want to take digital photos because I wanted what the regular film might pick up because there were some very odd things I had witness. I wanted the photos for not only the beauty of the moon that night but also because I wanted to be one of the people of the world to share what I caught on camera. Plus the amazing photos that would come out of the moon so big and beautiful. You know Holiday card stuff.
Well finnaly my roomie was able to pick up the film in Manhattan where they were developed at a Rite Aid. She texted me and told me that two of the cameras had a blank film in them so there were no photos that came out of there. That the lady behind the counter showed her the film and it was blank. Ok well at least we got one film. Finally when she came home, I went ahead and looked at the photos very excited and bit mystified of what happened to the other two films.
We figured that it was the two films that were bought together were bad and just did not take, well that was not the case because the first two cameras used were bought from the same place, at the same time, and handled the same as far as taking photos. As I go through the photos I notice the 2 photos I have of the moon that was in a clear sky, now had clouds covering it and it is barely seen in the photo. The sun had form and you could tell it was there in a great deal of the photos however it ranged from looking as if there was not a body of sun or the sun appeared white in the center and the rays were red and yellows.
I shook my head and looked at the other film that was given back to my roomie, there were items on there but only about 6 photos that might come out if developed correctly. One was that of a basket of cameras and there are two people in the background, however since it was not developed I can only tell you what the negative looks like. When I looked at the negatives of the photos that did come out, there are 4 photos in the negatives I do not have and there appears to be a black dot in the negative.
Now here is the other kicker, I did get a disk as well so I could put the photos on the computer to share with you guys here at ATS and a few other sites if I caught something wonderful or odd. When I put the disk in, well there were a bunch of people running around like crazy people from their apartment with friends to a broadway show.
Your thoughts please, because I know I have mine but due the nature of my work, I am not surprised they are gone and we were told that the film just did not develop properly. (Before anyone ask, I am a political journalist and writer of many different areas in life. Currently I am covering the lovely GitMo case.) The issue with that theory is that my roomie put the film in not me, so her name was on the film not mine. It is the Government though so anything is possible.
Thanks for letting me share. I will be getting the disk remade and then will put what photos I have on the computer here for you guys to see if I can figure out how to do it.

Ainge

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Interesting story.

Do you happen to have any pictures to show yet?

I'm afraid I don't understand the last paragraph. Are you saying you were about to put the disc in when people ran out of their apartments and you got distracted?

Or do you mean that the disc itself contained images of people running out of their apartments?

..anyways. Nice read. Only found a couple of mistakes, but rest assured, the grammar Nazi's will be here shortly to correct you.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm going to try to do this as respecfully as possible. As someone who notices other people on this site shred things apart. I'd like to point out its not just sketchy that a journalist wouldn't spell well (I can relate and respect that) but a journalist who is USED to writing things that others can't believe i can't see how you wouldn't think to ype this out in word pad or something else and then paste it in the thread box. That alone is a little suspect. But honestly this whole thing was really hard to read I would love to have a clearer understanding so maybe rewrite it? I hope this does not offend you I just know some of the jerks on her will be lighting up your comments. Namaste

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

..anyways. Nice read. Only found a couple of mistakes, but rest assured, the grammar Nazi's will be here shortly to correct you.

I wouldn't know where to begin.

I'll give the OP a break though and refrain; he seems like a nice enough chap.

What I gathered is that NONE of the film from the three disposable cameras came back with anything useful on them. This begs the question to the OP: "Are you saying that someone replaced your exposed negatives with useless film because of what you had captured?"

I have to say I LIKE the idea of capturing - well, anything - on FILM as opposed to digital media. Not only do you get richer textures and finer detail (unless you have a $10,000 digital camera) but photo manipulation is more difficult and easier to see.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

We are still waiting to get the disk and the disk was of people who were in an apartment and not one photo of the sun, the moon, or sky. Just a bunch of drinking and broadway. So the disk did not match the pics.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Actually the film for the 18th did come back and that is the one that had the disk of the party people. They kept one film negitive and gave one of the negitives back of the film that did not develop. So I did get back 2 sets of negitives and did not get one of the others. I am not sure what happened to be honest, or why some of the photos were not the same of what my Roomie and I remember seeing the night that the moon was paper thin.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
At best your film got mixed up with someone elses.

Honestly scan whatever you can and try and upload it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hiphappa14

Well thank you for your words. No not much upsets me or sets me off. I don't really have time to deal with "uncontrolled emotions that I have no control over." Why don't I put it on WP, for the plain and simple fact when I am on here, I really don't want to feel that I am working on a current writing project.

It's fine what others believe. I know what is true, so it slides off.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Right now I don't have a scanner for that. A flat scanner that is. Also if they are on the disk, they will be in order when I put them up so people can see what I was talking about. I don't want anyone to think I faked these photos like many others are.

I hopefully will have the photos by monday next week. Life is in the way so to say.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ainge

I can dig it. Thanks for actually responding and not being mean. I look forward to reading future posts from ya and hope the fuzz doesn't get in your way too much

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hiphappa14

Your very welcome and I don't mind comments. It makes me look and see where I messed up.The only people I want to mean to are the people who are hurting our world and doing things that are not correct no matter how you slice it. We all do need to let go of that nasty side in us and redirect it correctly in a positive manner.

I promise you I am a real writer and journalist, have the pass will travel. I do have work out there and usually my proofer and I go through painful, extensive nit picking for the final story.

I do hope you will read more of my writings and I am sure to come across yours as well.

Believe me when I am done with the GitMo case, this will be one of the first places that get the story. As for BB, I have offered them many times coffee, tea, and cupcakes for free and a bathroom to go pee.

Aparently they don't like that invitation...I think they would welcome food and a place to read.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ainge

...a political journalist and writer of many different areas in life

Just curious - what language do you write in?

Thanks, sofi

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

English.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Sofi,

I write in English. Sorry it took so long to reply, just saw the way to find replies.

Ainge

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Pazcat,

I will be posting those photos as soon as I find the disk now. Been ill and in the process of snatching data before destroyed by the Courts and moving. Life in the big city...Hi ho Hi ho, it's off to play I go...

Ainge

new topics

top topics

join