It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexandrelois
Atlantis is located in the Gulf of Aden. I am the Prophet and the Creator showed me a magic card. After I gave this point of the organization that is looking for Atlantis and the Somali pirates have to attack large ships

What the fu.... :-)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Another take here that a giant tsunami demolished the legendary city
that was close to the eastern shores of the Atlantic Ocean.

Beguiling new research into one of archeology’s greatest mysteries appears to have thrown up remarkably persuasive evidence that remains of the ancient city are to be found in the great Hinojos marsh on the southwestern coast of what is today’s Spain. Richard Freund, a somewhat flamboyant professor of Judaica at the University of Hartford, has claimed that the city that has long been regarded—if Plato’s famous description of it as having existed 9,000 years earlier, before Athens, rings true—as the grandmother of human civilization now lies submerged by mud and cottongrass in a part of the marsh designated as a national park a few miles north of the port city of Cádiz. It is a site now padded over by deer and badgers and a few feral camels, nested on by herons and avocets, and overlooked by Spain’s massive expanses of factory-farmed strawberry fields.

Moreover, since Plato declared in his writings that “one grievous day and night … Atlantis was swallowed up by the sea and vanished,” it is especially noteworthy that the newly found evidence also suggests it was a deadly Japan-style tsunami that finally caused the city to sink and disappear.

www.thedailybeast.com...#

edit on 13-4-2011 by camo77 because: Spell check

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by zigmeister

The information was leaked during the making of a documentary about king tut, do you think the Egyptians are going to officially say the Pharaohs were from Europe.....no way!

Likewise do you think the Chinese are going to officially announce that there are pyramids in their country and those who built them were from Europe?
edit on 11-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

So, no credible links then?

He might not have one to hand but I do.

This 14 part series by Graham Hancock (a credible historian who has rediscovered ancient history) references the bias and PC mindset against white caucasian's in S. America and elsewhere prior to Columbus in S. America.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Youtube is blocking this vid for viewers in the UK

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Is your Java etc. up to date? It works for me on Chrome!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by zigmeister

The information was leaked during the making of a documentary about king tut, do you think the Egyptians are going to officially say the Pharaohs were from Europe.....no way!

Likewise do you think the Chinese are going to officially announce that there are pyramids in their country and those who built them were from Europe?
edit on 11-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

So, no credible links then?

He might not have one to hand but I do.

My cat is more credible than Graham Hancock.

I was asking for links to scientific papers showing how genetic analysis of the Pharaohs show that they were European. This was the claim, and nothing credible has yet been shown to back it up. Probably because nothing exists.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
double post
edit on 14/4/11 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Im sure if you think about what your asking, real hard you will understand that that will "never" be declared officially even though they know it to be true, see its something called pride which will prevent it.

Think about it they are refusing to release a sample of tuts DNA, now why do you think that might be?

edit on 14-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WilhelmFink

When I click it it says : This video contain content from channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
thank you sooooo much for all this incredible information, i have spent years reading and researhing what i could about atlantis, and thoth and egypt...all separatly...as i am interested in so many things!...but your posts here educated me more than all the years so far!...very interesting....i am going to re-read this alot in the next few days!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Sorry for the short response, but please note the latitudes and longitudes of the island. 13,13,almost 13 interesting coincidence. Really cool thread by the way, I enjoy reading threads that draw conclusions I had not thought of myself from data I had previously viewed!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For some reason I can't see Atlantis being near Ireland. I think Atlantis is somewhere around the Bermuda triangle. It could explain how or why boats and planes disappear and compasses go crazy. Think about it.. Atlantis was destroyed in one night. Maybe the people of atlantis are mad and are tormenting anyone who passes by the island. Who knows? That's where I think it is though!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What a great thread. I've never seen one with such a strong flag/replies ratio. Haha, anyone else keep track of that?

Anyways, one can only guess how many great civilizations have been lost to the sea. Sea levels are constantly changing and people tend to and always have tended to stick around the coast.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Proctor11

I think people stick around the coast to get away from crowded cities and just be at the ocean!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Cool thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
srry post by mistake

edit on 15-4-2011 by shtf2012 because: (posted to wrong thread)

edit on 15-4-2011 by shtf2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Grungor

One thing has become clear to me after years of interest in such topics is that the ancients technology was based on the same energy as that emitted by lay lines. Dowsing was an important art in those times and a knowledge the energy grid of the earth was understood much like the various channels and chakras of the human body.
When the ancients would find a major energy centre they would build a temple there on that spot. I believe all such large ancient structures were placed thus.

Just as our technology is based on the manipulation of the electron the ancients technology was based on etheric or zero point energy, in that way they were capable of doing things that we cannot today such as the moving of heavy objects with ease.

Also they applied this knowledge and mastered flight but not through aerodynamics as we do but rather by the more direct method of mastering gravity itself.
edit on 16-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Completely awesome thread and a time worthy read, I've been checking this thread regularly, very interesting to me. It seems that there was at some point a civilization similar to Atlantis (whether it is or not) off of the coast of Ireland. At least that's what all the evidence provided in this thread suggests. However, Plato's description of Atlantis as being "beyond the pillars of Hercules" is very vague and could be interpreted as being near Spain, Ireland, or North America seeing as how Plato lived in Greece. Seems that many people use his descriptions as "evidence" which, in my eyes, has completely trivialized the validity of any claim concerning Plato's writings.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I would say the azores are a good candidate for atlantis, as the climate and vegetation are precisely as described by Plato, mediterranean, vulcanic, even geyseres..

when they repaired the transatlantic cable in 1898, and the underwater stone was confirmed as beeing hardened ABOVE sea level, 10 000 years ago! That means, that these parts of the sea ground were above sea level at that time!

On the island Pico there´s also a HUGE mountain, as on atlantis..
38°28'3.65"N, 28°12'14.76"W
Sao Miguel, Sao Jorge etc..just do Google Earth.
fantastic..
edit on 19-4-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Fantastic Thread, I never thought about Atlantis being off the coast of Ireland.

Im Irish myself and would love this to be true.Before reading this thread I always thought of Tuatha de Danan as Folklore or Myth. But after reading im starting to think there is more to it. Some really interesting points to consider is the bloodline from the Egyptians to the Irish. Ive always thought this myself as I believe that same people who build Newgrange are the same race who built the Pyramids. For anyone who have never heard of Newgrange, check it out here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am posting as the carvings found on Newgrange are of a spiral design. This same spiral design has been found in many other places around the world, especially South America. I think this is fasinating as they were created around 5,000 years ago. What would pocess these two radicially different cultures (from what we are led to believe) to create and reproduce such an identical design in a time period even before the wheel was invented?unless they were conected in some way?

Just a theory but what if the land of Tir Na Og is Atlantis and Oisin was one of the chosen to travel with them (ancient astronaut theory) to the like of South America and vise versa in a way to try and educate or enlighten the populants . Could these rock carvings be in some way connected.

Also another theory Is if Atlantis did sink out in the Atlantic and some Atlantians found themselves "ship wrecked" on Ireland, did they bring this advanced technology or wisdom with them which led to the creation of places such as Newgrange?

Just a couple of wacky ideas but they do make you think!!
Im convinced that there had to be some kind of connection between ancient races on all of the continents.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join