It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

well to support my 2.2 billion year old theory as to how long man kind has been around and yes it is just a theory here is a link that well says it plainly ph.answers.yahoo.com... from the link

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Between 4 - 5 billion years old, depending upon how you define the age. The Sun is thought to be roughly 5 billion years old. The Universe is thought to be 13 - 14 billion years old. There are various ways to estimate age, including radioactive decay dating, distances, and more.
we have come a long way. and it seems we have not learned yet, maybe this time we will but then?????time will tell.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
This is the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night.......in a good way. I'm so fascinated with stories like this. I wonder what would happen if we all took one week a year and went "exploring," Like one huge scavenger hunt. No restricted access, no barriers, etc. I'd love to be able to, sometime, in my lifetime make a discovery like this.

I would jump onboard for that adventure!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

An amazing story!
Thanks for this.
S&F.
Simply fascinating!

Who build it?
Maybe this one....

edit on 8-4-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

An entire week-end to read the threads posted.

Thank you very much in order to have shown us another important thread of Justin - Jkrog08.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I did read the article and tried to find more "evidence" to prove he was right about it all, drew a blank, so I'm calling it a fake!
Any photo's of the "wall" will be gladly accepted (and researched).
thanks.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Unfortunately the deposits in which the 'wall' were found were laid down 220 million years too earlier for it to have been 'dino sapiens' - whome, if he existed, would have been around at towards the end of the Cretaceous.

Back in the Carboniferous, the dominant land life forms were giant insects and scorpions. Neither reptiles nor mammals had apppeared.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Are you Sure?

Dinosaurs are a diverse group of animals that were the dominant terrestrial vertebrates for over 160 million years, from the late Triassic period (about 230 million years ago) until the end of the Cretaceous (about 65 million years ago). The extinction of most dinosaur species occurred during the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event.

en.wikipedia.org...

But Who knows.
Only a pale theory.

I'm sure that also this theory will be revisited from paleontologists.

250, 350, 500 million years ago... I bet!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Really? I didn't know we had developed carbon dating back in 1928... Carbon dating is quite foolproof if done correctly so I really fail to see how it's unreliable.

Also to the OP: you got this article off a blog whos author claims that "historians would agree that human civili[z]ation began sometime in the 1850's" hinting to the fact that either A) Humans hadn't organized socially before that, B) no human culture had developed science, mathematics, organized religion, music etc. and C) ancient artifacts and sites around the world hinting at civilization were in fact not created by human civilization. The author of the blog post that this op is based on is a moron...clear an simple.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'd say several things.. First, interesting post, thanks..

Second, without some factual documentation you can't really say anything significant about what was seen. Could be a story, nothing more. Could have been natural materials that the miners didn't understand or recognize. We just can't form any valid opinion at all with nothing but one mans words.

Third, even if it was an intelligently created object and even if it was 286 million years old, it would not be "modern humans". We may not know the entire history of Earth but we do know some things. We know that our fossils are not found anywhere in the record beyond a couple of hundred thousand years ago at most. We do know that other homonids have existed in the past. We do know that some of the species even fashioned tools from bone and stone, created art, buried their dead, waged war and possibly even had spoken language (arguably written if you include pictography).

Could some other form of higher intelligence have existed, the history of which we are still completely unaware of? It's certainly not impossible. It would NOT be "us" though, of that we are certain.

As for time travel or aliens.. That's another thread imo.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Isn't there a similiar prehistoric 'wall' in Texas that is kept hush?

I'll try to find the article, or may be in a book. But I am aware of having read of many of these 'walls in mines' stories.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
s8int.com...

Rockwall in Texas. That's the one!
Also one in Mississippi I believe.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
1. What's so shocking to believe that tens of millions or hundreds of millions of years ago someone lived here.

2. Why assume they were humans?

3. Do you honestly think that Humans will always be here? That we will never go extinct?

4. Don't you think that in another 300 million years something else will inhabit this planet?

Humans are just one small speck on the time line of forever.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Did anyone see that documentary on TV recently (about a year ago i think) that was called something like 'If humans disappeared tomorrow' or similar?...it was a good programme that posed the question, how much evidence of humanity would remain, and how long would it remain, if humanity suddenly went the way of the Dodo.

If i remember rightly, the vast majority of our buildings, roads, tracks and so on would crumble, rot and be gone in as little 500 years.

There would be evidence left in the form of certain plastics and composite items, but these too would crumble away in about 5000 years.

So really, apart from jewellery items, and things like that, if future archaeologists in say 20,000 years were digging for evidence of our current generations, they'd find virtually nothing..coins, jewellery, certain industrial items made from gold, diamond, and so on might be found, certainly no structures, computers, ipods, mobile phones, cars, aircraft, etc.

Unless a city was completely buried and preserved in an oxygen free environment, like from silt due to a mega tsunami, or tidal wave and layered over (as this wall may have been) by millennia of sediments and Earth, nothing much would remain to show we were ever here.

They might find some jewellery, or gold/silver coins etc, but probably would not conclude we were highly advanced technologically, as no evidence of complex machinery or the ability to fly in aircraft, sailing in mighty ships, travelling to space, complex electronics would remain.

They would probably credit us with a society similar to how we view 20,000 year old human archaeological finds today.

If this wall had not been layered over by the organic material and silts that eventually became compressed coal, it too would probably have eroded and disappeared.

Anyone fancy Organising an ATS expedition to the mine for some investigation work?
You USA members could organise a local expedition (group together for discounted travel and lodging, or camp under canvas, etc), and report back to us in the rest of the members in the world too poor to afford the travel cost (
)

It would be an interesting trip i'd imagine.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by bekod
what if i was tell tell you that man kind is 2.2 billion years old

I ask what we did during the snowball earth era. And, for that matter, what we used to eat given we were around long before any animals or plants as we know them existed.

But I suppose we used to be enlightening being and lived on sunlight?

Hypothetically, if this scenario where humanity was around 2.2 Billion years ago is true (not saying it is), then it's a foregone conclusion that other animals and plants were around too..or else we would never have developed due to lack of resources.

Plus the 'snowball Earth' hypothesis may be entirely wrong. It might have happened 500 million, 300 million or even 1 million years earlier or later than current estimates.

The truth is, we have only educated guesses. If the education is wrong, even off by a relatively small amount, then the educated guesses are going to be wrong too.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by spikey

Curiously though, there are lots of tales like this doing the rounds...table mountain in South Africa has numerous mines in and under it, and there are many reports of tales *very* similar to this one...strange iron hammers, tin cups, all sorts of things, found in deposits that are concretions laid millions of years ago.

And curiously enough no-one in recent times has ever found these mines, seen these artifacts, and, in fact, apart from 100 year old newspaper reports there is absolutely no evidence in support of the stories.

You don't think that then, as now, the media made up stories for the entertainment of their readers?

In 100 years time, ATS members will be discussing the existence of Batboy and the WWII Bomber found on the Moon, and poo-pooing the debunkers who try and argue they never really existed .......

I don't doubt it.

Humans will always find more reasons to argue than reasons to agree.

If this wall had been found in the reported ancient mines in SA, then i'd imagine it or some evidence of it should have remained from 100-200 years ago...but a small hand hammer? A tin pot or so?

*Much* easier to lose, to hide, to bury in a dusty museum drawer labelled as either a hoax, or 'awaiting corroboration'.

If the silencing of miners and the general hiding of these finds (for whatever reason, religious, idealogical etc) is true, it would explain the lack of evidence remaining.

It's like anything else...he who writes the history books, controls history.
The establishment has always controlled history and our access to it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I just came across the threads about the huge underground caverns and The link to calicuttc's thread that was posted in 2006 saying that he was going to the blowing cave. I checked his profile and it looks like something has happened to him and his pals. The last time he posted was in july of 2006.(5-7-2006) He said that they were going to explore the cave. That is the last time that he posted and he has never returned to post in ats.
Does anyone know him or what happened to him. His thread is :- In 2 weeks you may have the answer to underground civilizations www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Look and see what you guys think about what Alex Collier says on Youtube, sorry I don't know if he has a website.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

An amazing story!
Thanks for this.
S&F.
Simply fascinating!

Who build it?
Maybe this one....

who's to say the dinosaurs didn't evolve . i bet david icke would love that blood line theory lol

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Essan

Are you Sure?

Absolutely. There were no dinosaurs in the late Carboniferous or early Permian. They only evolved in the late Triassic - as your quote states - long after the P/T extinction (251mya) had wiped out most life on earth.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
All those millions of years...THAT blows my mind.
Could it be possible that extraterrestrials lived here before we came along?
2 miles down, also blows my mind. No one human would have been able to build something that far down.
Then again are we mistaken on how much land pushes up and goes down during plate movement?
I wonder where are those wall pieces now after the miners were told to leave......wow.

Your forgetting its a coal mine.. Mining dead vegitable matter that has been buried for millions of years under pressure.

Most of that area during the time that vegitation was alive, would have been on the surface. Then buried by volcanic ash and sand drift over time to end up miles underground..

They didn't build it down there, it would have just been buried deeper and deeper over time.. Same will likely happen to all of our cities and forests in millions of years to come and a whole new world of fossil fuels will be ready for the taking..lol

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join