It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sends investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama !!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldweathergirl
It just bedazzles me that so many people are wasting time on this issue! It appears to me that his birthplace is not the issue at all, and you know what I am talking about. People hate him for absolutely no reason but one, and his birthplace has got nothing whatever to do with it.

Yup Yup. Birthers can protest that it has nothing to do with racism at all but then they need to tell my right wing friends and redneck cousins to stop emailing and texing me Obama/"N" word jokes. The "N" word is kind of a dead giveaway. Racism is hardly dead and just because a birther or two on ATS might not be racist, they need to stop pretending it is not there at all. Claiming this NOTHING to do with racism is a protest bridge too far and kind of kills the argument even in that particular birther "really means it."

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceshootn
The Obama records which have not been released include;
Obama kindergarten records

If anyone wonders why I find it hard to take most birthers seriously, treat them with a great deal of respect, and not just be entertained by them, let this quest for Obama's hidden fingerpaints be a clue.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Currently we have a sitting US President who has REFUSED to allow any access to ANY personal records. AND we have a current sitting US President who WON'T prove he is a US citizen.

How is that different from Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan? If your criteria is that he refuses you access to his personel records and refuses to "prove" he is an American citizen, then how is he any different from any other president? What is different about Obama that makes this suddenly suspect when it was SOP before?

But you didn't answer the question: Why did YOU play the race card? I didn't

Pretty sure you answered it for him.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by dereks

Your right:
White - George W. Bush was not born in New Haven,CT
White - Bill Clinton was not born in Hope Arkansas
White - Ronald Regan was not born in Tampico, Illinois

Can you prove any of that?

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Suddenly, we are not talking about Obama being born in Kenya. We are talking about why someone
is a racist. Get it?

Suddenly we are not talking about how Obama is actually doing as president. We are still talking about where he might have been born. Get it?

I guess if you dwell in mindless distractions, you attract them.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogiegk
I don't recall ever having a President or anyone running for the office bolding saying out of his own mouth, "I was born in Kenya".

Very true, even Obama never said that!

Also, his wife says her husband was born in Kenya.

Why do you persist in telling lies? Care to show a source for the exact quote his wife said? Or is it just something you made up?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by Habit4ming
Okay, sinnthia, then why don't you explain it to me? This is what you wrote:

"..Seeing as how so many of our early presidents fathers were born in a different country, your claim that they clearly meant to exclude people such as themselves from holding that office is specious at best..."

I took specious to mean insincere, deceptive. I am aware it can also mean apparent. I made no such claim that they "meant to exclude people such as themselves"--in fact, I am saying the opposite!

Sure thing. Let's start with what you wrote.

There are many sites/articles online confirming what our forefathers, who actually drafted the Constitution, meant by the term 'natural born citizen'...and Obama is not eligible due to his father being Kenyan.

And I suggested that many of our early presidents had foreign born parents. So you are stating they specifically meant to exclude themselves?

So your reply was

The framers had to grandfather themselves!! Geesh!!

Geesh, so the framers specifically state that no president should have foreign born parents but the framers did not count, because they grandfathered themselves in?

Uh huh. Which "framers?" Grandfathered themselves in thus leaving what you claim left to be true for future presidents? Jefferson? Maybe you are referring to Jackson? Buchanan? We are getting a little distance from that framing aren't we? Arthur? Wilson? Hoover? They grandfather themselves in or is it possible to be president with foreign born parents? I cannot find Hoover in my picture of the framing. Maybe the painter didn't like his face?

--------------------------------------
I am saying that when the framers of the Constitution drafted it, they were concerned about divided loyalties and thus decided that only a natural born citizen of the United States could be President. They were also aware that they themselves were not natural born citizens, so they included the grandfather clause (or a Citizen of the United States at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution) to cover themselves.

Article 2, Section 1: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
-------------------
From above:

So your reply was

The framers had to grandfather themselves!! Geesh!!

Geesh, so the framers specifically state that no president should have foreign born parents but the framers did not count, because they grandfathered themselves in?

Well, it would have been a little difficult to have a President if they didn't grandfather themselves in!! Again, their reasoning was their concern over divided loyalties.
----------------------
Also from above:
Uh huh. Which "framers?" Grandfathered themselves in thus leaving what you claim left to be true for future presidents? Jefferson? Maybe you are referring to Jackson? Buchanan? We are getting a little distance from that framing aren't we? Arthur? Wilson? Hoover? They grandfather themselves in or is it possible to be president with foreign born parents? I cannot find Hoover in my picture of the framing. Maybe the painter didn't like his face?

Jefferson and Jackson both grandfathered it. I and many others assert neither Obama or Arthur were constitutionally eligible to be POTUS. I was not alive when Arthur was installed, but I have read that his particulars were covered up at the time.

Buchanan: was born in 1791 in PA. His father was foreign born, Irish, but when James was born his father had already become a naturalized Citizen of the United States. Having a foreign born parent is OK if the foreign born
parent has become a naturalized citizen.

Wilson: was born in 1856 in VA. His mother was foreign born U.S. Citizen, English, but when he was born she had become a naturalized Citizen of the United States prior to his birth due to her marriage to Woodrow’s father, a U.S. Citizen. Having a foreign born parent is OK if the foreign born parent has become a naturalized Citizen of the U.S. prior to the child's birth.

Hoover: was born in 1874 in IA. His mother was foreign born U.S. Citizen, a Canadian, but when he was born she had become a naturalized Citizen of the United States prior to his birth due to her marriage to Herbert’s father, a U.S. Citizen. Having a foreign born parent is OK if the foreign born parent has become a naturalized Citizen of the U.S. prior to the child's birth.
obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com...

------
There is a difference between natural born, naturalized and native born citizens. In addition, Obama's father was never a U.S. citizen of any type.

The Founders were heavily influenced by Vattel. They did consider Blackstone, but went with Vattel:

If not Vattel, then where did they arrive at this term. (natural born citizen) Many of those who ridicule us like to quote Blackstone as authoritative that the United States adopted English Common Law. They like to state that Blackstone’s natural born subject is equivalent of a natural born citizen. There is no doubt that the Founding Father’s were influenced from Blackstone’s Commentary. However, the Framers of the Constitution recognized that it was Blackstone, who argued that the Parliament and King could change the constitution at will. Blackstone was increasingly recognized by the Americans as a proponent of arbitrary power. In fact, the framers rejected the notion that the United States was under English Common Law, “The common law of England is not the common law of these States.” --George Mason one of Virginia’s delegates to the Constitutional Convention.

Also:
Before the Constitution the closest reference we have to Natural Born Citizen is from the legal treatise “the Law of Nations,” written by Emerich de Vattel in 1758. In book one chapter 19,

§ 212. Of the citizens and natives.

“The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally FOLLOW THE CONDITION OF THEIR FATHERS...
Vattel's Influence on the Term Natural Born Citizen:
www.birthers.org...
-----------
Some other sites that discuss this topic:
www.obamanotqualified.com...

JB Williams/News with Views/Who Cares Where Obama was Born?:
www.newswithviews.com...

JBWilliams/News with Views/WHY IS THE RIGHT HELPING OBAMA REWRITE THE DEFINITION OF NATURAL BORN CITIZEN?:
www.newswithviews.com...

------------------
I apologize to all who may have difficulty sorting through this post. I am an older lady and although I can operate a computer, I'm not very proficient. Thank you for understanding.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Dereks, I believe this is the video you seek--Michelle Obama talks about Obama visiting his home country of Kenya (sorry, I do not know how to embed):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Slips of the tongue do not happen like this in my opinion, you do not get mixed up between Africa and Hawaii, they are not exactly really close to each other.

Im still a bit unsure about the birth certificate issue though, if he really was born in Kenya, no-one will ever find that out.
edit on 13-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

reply to post by Habit4ming

HOLY CRAP!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09a6fbfcde73.jpg[/atsimg]

Either my family lies to me every March about our families Irish homeland or they are all lying about where we were all born. Hmmmmmm.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
Dereks, I believe this is the video you seek--Michelle Obama talks about Obama visiting his home country of Kenya (sorry, I do not know how to embed):

www.youtube.com...

Where in that video does Michelle state "Also, his wife says her husband was born in Kenya."?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I have been actively looking for links land in Europe for the past few years, and of course my preference was Scotland over any other country because I am half Scottish.
- Donald J. Trump.

source

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Uh huh. Which "framers?" Grandfathered themselves in thus leaving what you claim left to be true for future presidents? Jefferson? Maybe you are referring to Jackson? Buchanan? We are getting a little distance from that framing aren't we? Arthur? Wilson? Hoover? They grandfather themselves in or is it possible to be president with foreign born parents?

Wow! I didn't know that all these presidents had foreign parents! The Constitution was signed in 1787. If the framers were "grandfathering themselves in", let's be extremely generous and say they would want to allow 60 years for anyone who came over from England to be president. So, that takes us to 1847. After 60 years, any immigrants from England would have been dead and there would be plenty of natural-born US citizens to fit the bill. So, which presidents had foreign parents (and therefore were, according to many birthers, NOT natural born citizens because their parents were foreign) after 1847?

James Buchanan 1857 (70 years after the signing of the Constitution). Both parents were born in Ireland.
Chester A Aurthur 1881 (94 years after the signing of the Constitution). Father born in Ireland.
Woodrow Wilson 1913 (126 years after the signing of the Constitution). Both parents born in Ireland.
Herbert Hoover 1929 (142 years after the signing of the Constitution) Mother born in Canada.

To be fair, they were from good European countries and not spooky African countries like Kenya.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
++++++++++++++++ UPDATE ++++++++++++++++++++++

ACME SELF STORAGE AND PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS
STATUS REPORT: OBAMA CASE
TIME: Sometime in late afternoon.
(we don’t wear watches anymore, no longer slaves to the man.)

Cowabunga Dude,

We be chillin’ with the hommies and the investigation is going bitchin'. This may bum you out but we’ve uncovered strong evidence suggesting President Obama might be a descendant of none other than Duke Kahanamoku. Sorry for the downer bro.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3f3a762c9f9.jpg[/atsimg]

He is known for being the “Father of Surfing” and is a legend around here, just like Obama. The natives worship him too. The resemblance is eerie. Two ears, two eyes, one mouth, one nose.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdd511dd060d.jpg[/atsimg]

They both LOVE the beach.....................
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a0076719c1d.jpg[/atsimg]

Duke also hung around with celebs. OMG IT''S TARZAN!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2dea333b6f5a.jpg[/atsimg]

Michelle and Barack First Beach Date
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe49bf1fc5ef.jpg[/atsimg]

So after we catch the point break during afternoon low tide with light offshore winds, we’ll stroll on back to the hotel bar for happy hour and hang with some fine wahinies. We are maintaining a relaxed and casual lifestyle so as not to blow our cover.

We have a busy week ahead with fire eating lessons, a Tiki carving demonstration and Agent Purebred is entered in a Wet T-Shirt contest at Loco Larrys. You'll be pleased to know they offer $1 call brands for expense report purposes.

So I’m not sure when I’ll get around to next status report….Aloha.

And on a related note, the locals lean left, so far left it is hard to imagine they can surf straight. I mean they don’t even like a fair and unbiased media personality.

Rush Limbaugh to take on Honolulu City Council at the Steps of Honolulu Hale?

Rush Limbaugh joked on his popular national syndicated radio station yesterday that he planned to go to the Honolulu City Council after his noon golf tee time to respond to the council’s attempt to sanction him for his imitation of Chinese dictator Hu Jintao.

Limbaugh, a frequent visitor, comes to Hawaii to golf and vacation. Both Honolulu Council members Romy Cachola and Stanley Chang introduced a resolution to condemn Limbaugh and ask advertisers to stop supporting his radio program. It was part of a campaign across the county by liberal lawmakers to attack Limbaugh on this issue. The only council member of 9 to oppose the sanction was Tom Berg

www.hawaiireporter.com... with-wilhelmina/123

edit on 14-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: tidy up surf vernacular and lexicon

edit on 14-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
To be fair, they were from good European countries and not spooky African countries like Kenya.

Well, we really need to settle this birther issue once and for all. What will happen the next time some president's right to be POTUS is questioned? Like, say, the next time 40 years in the future with President Saul Tomas Carranza Gonzalez, whose mother gave birth to him in an ambulance on the way to a military base hospital in Germany or Japan or wherever his parents might be stationed these days.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Say, did the investigators ever find anything? Also, could you please ask the ACME SELF STORAGE AND PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS investigators to u2u me some poi?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Apparently, the investigators are following the trails and leads generated from the research of this soon to be released book. drudgereport.com...

Like it or not things are about to get rather interesting. The author of this book accurately exposed John Kerry's swift boat fable. Let's see what happens.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

Say, did the investigators ever find anything? Also, could you please ask the ACME SELF STORAGE AND PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS investigators to u2u me some poi?

As far as I know they all ended up with bad sunburn and gigantic expense account overages. "It has been widely reported" (as Jibeho likes to say) that Special Investigator Fife has been itchy "down there" and the fling with the native wahinnie didn't work out.

But not seriously, I suspect we would have heard somrething by now, don't you? Perhaps Trump called them into his office and yelled "YOU'RE FIRED!"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Perhaps special investigator Goober has been told to keep things on ice until this book hits the stands. Then Trump will be running through the streets like Ernest T Bass after Charlene Darling.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Corsi reminds me of some of the posters here and other places on the web...

Here's what Newsweek found regarding one of his other smear pieces about Obama.

Jerome Corsi's "The Obama Nation" is a mishmash of unsupported conjecture, half-truths, logical fallacies and outright falsehoods.

Despite its place near the top of The New York Times' nonfiction bestseller list, where it has been riding high for the past six weeks, Jerome Corsi's "The Obama Nation" is not a reliable source of facts about Obama.

Corsi cites opinion columns and unsourced, anonymous blogs as if they were evidence of factual claims. Where he does cite legitimate news sources, he frequently distorts the facts. In some cases, Corsi simply ignores readily accessible information when it conflicts with his arguments. Among the errors we found: ...

I expect the same with this new piece of crap. It's widely reported that Corsi is a lying sack of excrement.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Perhaps special investigator Goober has been told to keep things on ice until this book hits the stands. Then Trump will be running through the streets like Ernest T Bass after Charlene Darling.

You might be right......not. BTW, I know where there is an ATM spitting out crisp bills without a PIN#. Unfortunately, I can't tell you where it is. I'll wait for the tell all book.
(Lots of innuendo and tantalizing question marks in the Drudge hype bit) I suspect the book will be at Borders on the Fiction aisle.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join