It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS ( Russians to Rapidly Build 5000 Bomb Shelters in Moscow by 2012 )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Russia Today reports that 5000 new bomb shelters are being constructed in the capitol city of Moscow.. The question that is likely on the minds of the preparedness community, especially those who have followed the rapid expansion of preparedness initiatives is, “why the haste?”

Do the European Union, United States, and Russia anticipate some event to occur in the future, or are these measures being taken strictly as precautionary measures – just in case?

Strange think is all bomb shelters must be ready by 2012..

and..its not only Russia...

Among the preparations, the US government, like Russia, is building underground bunkers and military bases. The U.S. is reportedly building these bunkers so rapidly, and on such a large scale, that private contractors are unable to acquire materials to build bunkers for individual clients. In recent years we’ve also learned that the US government is one of, if not the largest buyer of survival foods like freeze dried foods and MRE’s for emergency preparedness deployment. We’ve also recently learned that Department of Homeland Security has committed to “regionalizing” supplies across 15 regional emergency supply warehouses.

If governments are spending billions of dollars on emergency preparations, there’s probably a good reason for it. It could be global stimulus projects during tough economic times, corrupt politicians working contruction deals for their buddies, or maybe they really are planning for a disaster.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Unfortunately, old news is old.

This has been talked about on ATS many times... use the search function and you will see several threads on this.

Good effort on the post though, and for that a star and flag for you.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yeah and I didnt see a link ???
2nd

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Interesting.. Link?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
They are new to ATS...

Normally on a breaking news story, you need to post a link to the actual story.

Also, prior to posting something like this, you will want to use the search function to make sure it isn't already here.

Good effort though, just need some more practice.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
heyJude

link

www.shtfplan.com...

and check out RT news ( russian tv channel in english )

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
to YourPopRock

this was just on russian channel...thats why i posted

and here is the link

www.shtfplan.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
are these for bunkers and shelters for the public?? I have heard I thought that Russia had under ground faclities for the people of Russia.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
'bomb shelters' ??? thought hte 'cold war' was over..i guess the question is why? why do these countries feel the need to quickly build these things ? and why are they letting news reports about the build of these out ?...or is it just a weird way to help the economies of the country?...or is there something we should know but they just dont want to come right out and say it ???

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To be honest i doubt there is any hidden agenda here, Moscow is one of the most desired bomb hotspots. I am guessing this is a way of making the people of the city feel safer and reassured that the government is thinking about them. Maybe there is an election soon i don't know

Just thinking with my cool calm and collected head on here

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
why can t we get some bomb shelters here in America or some underground facilities. If were so scared of terrorist. Ya spend all this money to harrass and embarass people at the airport why not get something that actually help in times of crisis.

link   
As I understand it, they are for citizens, although maybe not everyone will fit. I believe that Switzerland is the only country to truly have enough bunker room for every person of their population. Or maybe Sweden. I can't remember which of the two....I'll resaearch it further. I just think something is soon to happen, and we aren't being told.

link   
As I understand it, they are for citizens, although maybe not everyone will fit. I believe that Switzerland is the only country to truly have enough bunker room for every person of their population. Or maybe Sweden. I can't remember which of the two....I'll resaearch it further. I just think something is soon to happen, and we aren't being told.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This isnt a Sorcha Fel story by any chance??
I dont believe it, really, why?
There is lots of problems we are facing we cannot afford to do much about.I cant see any country putting money ito bomb shelters at this time.The econmics dont add up.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wow the news may be old, but I certainly did not know about this. Talk about something that scares the hell of you.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Did you really search? There is an 8 page thread on this already.

new topics

top topics

join