It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three giant alien spaceships are heading for Earth! Is this for real ??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
www.seti.org...

Internet Rumor of Inbound 2012 Spaceships Untrue

NO Spaceships Headed for Earth

Has the SETI Institute discovered three objects en route to our world? Alien spacecraft that will arrive in 2012?

If you believe a widespread story now being circulated on the internet, and published by the ironically named “Pravda” [english.pravda.ru...], you might think so. But it’s all nonsense – it’s a rumor, a hoax, and a fabrication that uncritical web sites have reprinted without checking.

A few aspects of the story that are obviously suspect:

The objects, now described as a few hundred kilometers in size, and “beyond the orbit of Pluto”, were apparently discovered by SETI using the HAARP radio array. To begin with, the HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) instrument is located in Alaska. The position of the three “incoming” objects is given as -90 degrees declination – or the south celestial pole. Anyone versed in even elementary geometry can recognize that you can’t see this part of the sky from Alaska! In addition, and of clear import, neither the SETI Institute nor any other SETI project makes use of HAARP.

In the original version of this article www.examiner.com... purported SETI astrophysicist Craig Kasnov is quoted as saying that the three objects are in-bound. No one named Craig Kasnov has ever worked at the SETI Institute. There is a media and conservation professional by name of Craig Kasnoff, who – with David Gedye – came up with the idea of the SETI@home screen saver many years ago. But he has explicitly noted that he has nothing to do with this story, and in fact the article itself points out that it is referencing “Kasnov” not “Kasnoff.” So the story rests on the testimony of a fictional character.

If the SETI Institute had, indeed, found three clearly artificial objects headed for Earth (or just about anywhere else), that news would be found here on its web site. It would also be in the mainstream media. It’s not.
The putative arrival in 2012 of objects from another world is no more believable than the Mayan calendar claim that the world will end in that same year, internet stories notwithstanding!

Dr. Seth Shostak
Senior Astronomer, SETI Institute

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

It somehow reminds me of this:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

I've gotten viruses from ATS so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

ATS and GLP are pretty much one in the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by svetlana84
Sorry when I disappoint some folks, I just checked the SETI website, typed Spaceships into the search, and got this article:

www.seti.org/page.aspx?pid=1539

SETI is supposed to be the source of the original Story/Hoax/April's fool joke and they are denying it..

You beat me to it, here's the text from the above link:

Has the SETI Institute discovered three objects en route to our world? Alien spacecraft that will arrive in 2012?

If you believe a widespread story now being circulated on the internet, and published by the ironically named “Pravda” [english.pravda.ru...], you might think so. But it’s all nonsense – it’s a rumor, a hoax, and a fabrication that uncritical web sites have reprinted without checking.

A few aspects of the story that are obviously suspect:

1.The objects, now described as a few hundred kilometers in size, and “beyond the orbit of Pluto”, were apparently discovered by SETI using the HAARP radio array. To begin with, the HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) instrument is located in Alaska. The position of the three “incoming” objects is given as -90 degrees declination – or the south celestial pole. Anyone versed in even elementary geometry can recognize that you can’t see this part of the sky from Alaska! In addition, and of clear import, neither the SETI Institute nor any other SETI project makes use of HAARP.

2.In the original version of this article www.examiner.com... purported SETI astrophysicist Craig Kasnov is quoted as saying that the three objects are in-bound. No one named Craig Kasnov has ever worked at the SETI Institute. There is a media and conservation professional by name of Craig Kasnoff, who – with David Gedye – came up with the idea of the SETI@home screen saver many years ago. But he has explicitly noted that he has nothing to do with this story, and in fact the article itself points out that it is referencing “Kasnov” not “Kasnoff.” So the story rests on the testimony of a fictional character.

3.If the SETI Institute had, indeed, found three clearly artificial objects headed for Earth (or just about anywhere else), that news would be found here on its web site. It would also be in the mainstream media. It’s not.
The putative arrival in 2012 of objects from another world is no more believable than the Mayan calendar claim that the world will end in that same year, internet stories notwithstanding!

Dr. Seth Shostak
Senior Astronomer, SETI Institute

SETI is a well-respected organization, if they do ever discover spaceships heading our way then you can bet it will be all over the mainstream news in short order.

Yes i bet it will be all over the MSM, just like the radiation from Japan, and that the UN bombed the libyan nuclear reactors.....my word, how we rely on the Main Streem Media...tut tut..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

Whew! Thanks for the heads-up ... I missed this item in the Post.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Everyone is their own unique frequency. It has a range. Center point. Upper boundry. Lower boundry and infinate points in between. We can get stuck at the center point. Really stuck. This effects the Music. Like the same note or word, sentence or phrase repeated over . Forever repeated if not unstuck. The needle of a phonogragh caught in one groove. The melody stops. We need to keep moving. The song must be sung. The story must be told..... but we forget and stand still. The song stops. The book slams shut and the story stops mid sentence. It must go on. The CREATOR commands it. That's why I am here.By orders of the MOST HIGH, I say "move along. The blind in wisdom stand still. I then repeat, "MOVE ALONG!!!!!!"". And the blind in wisdom stand still. In the name of Creation I say.....Stand ye still yet... and by all the power of all CREATION, I WILL MOVE YOU. Bring your redemption when you come.......TO THE BARRICADES OF HEAVEN WHERE I AM FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
haha this site gets weirder and more mad every day LOL

To the OP....your not the first person to make such claims with NO proof. You will continue to believe this is real because you want it to happen for some weird sadistic reason...or because you feel you are special in some way and privy to knowledge us others arent.

You have been here a matter of weeks yet you know it all right?? Take your time to read through some threads about this subject...there are many. All with 0 evidence.

ATS should seriously have a personality test before joining up so we dont have to keep seeing pages and pages of nonsense being posted by new members. Yea....im not exactly a long time member, BUT, i dont come up with stupid stories about imaginary spaceships and the such.

EDIT: And there we go....in the HOAX bin haha. I hope this is the last time your fooled by such nonsense but im pretty skeptical to be honest

edit on 6-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

To the OP....your not the first person to make such claims with NO proof. You will continue to believe this is real because you want it to happen for some weird sadistic reason...or because you feel you are special in some way and privy to knowledge us others arent.

You have been here a matter of weeks yet you know it all right?? Take your time to read through some threads about this subject...there are many. All with 0 evidence.

ATS should seriously have a personality test before joining up so we dont have to keep seeing pages and pages of nonsense being posted by new members. Yea....im not exactly a long time member, BUT, i dont come up with stupid stories about imaginary spaceships and the such.

Well each to there own....im guessing your one of those people that believes that earth is the only planet with life on it, and that the bible is real ??

Move along son, nothing to see here...!

Dont judge someone and expect not to be judged back..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
this will probably sound crazy but ithink that aliens must have some fear of us. why is there entire agenda carried out under stealth. if our technology is no mstch for theirs than why dont they just beam people up in public instead of abducting us in secret

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It might corelate to project bluebeam, Also, my advice to you is to read up on the ancient text such as the Hopi, Dogon, Mayan, Egyptian. I have a feeling that their information is more accurate than what other government officials or private sectors are stating.

Hopi indians prophecies that we will fight the Gods who will bring enlightenment to humanity and much of the population will side with the Evil. Not because they want to, its because they are not aware that the side they are one are Evil.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This was the final test. If you are reading this, Congratulations. You have graduated. Summa Cum Laude. Those that cannot read this either perished in the alien invasion in defiance or gave up like cattle, to be carried off and beefed on some far distant planet. You on the other hand, aced the final exam, 4.0. You have Realised the Alien invasion was just "Project Blue Beam" and just an illusion. Created to fool you. No alien invasion, just a fake. Made up. By those that want to cage you. You have just brushed them off. And on your way to graduation....and the song continues and the story is once again upon the actors lips.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp

Well each to there own....im guessing your one of those people that believes that earth is the only planet with life on it, and that the bible is real ??

haha quite the opposite on both points

But as you say....each to their own

Some will use logic, reason and evidence....others will use nothing but faith and bad mis informed information.

I dont visit the HOAX area much so i probably wont come across you again

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
reply to post by Skate

I'm not familiar with the show, but wasn't it called the "The Alyona Show"? ...I'll answer my own question here I just googled it and yes the show is named after her and her full name is "Alyona Minkovski".

edit on 6-4-2011 by pop_science because: I cant type.

WTF?? That's kinda creepy, if you get into more thought about the correlation between the message she gave and the meaning behind her name....Ya dig what I'm saying? Maaaaaybe this will happen and if it does, NASA and them will pull the "We Musta Missed It" card when the Aliens do come to make the brainwashed naysayers still be loyal with NASA.

Personally, I'd love to see an alien at least before I die!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp

haha quite the opposite on both points

But as you say....each to their own

Some will use logic, reason and evidence....others will use nothing but faith and bad mis informed information.

I dont visit the HOAX area much so i probably wont come across you again

I have used my logic and reason...as for evidence, well it will be here soon..

Bye for now..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

There is no reason to be mean or spiteful here! The OP presented the information in very intelligent and proper manner. There would not be pages and pages to read through if folks would read the post, and comment logically and politely; rather than attempting to to inflate their own egos via belittling someone whose intention was pure.

Folks pass classes everyday without doing all of their homework. What is it they say - you can get the same degree with a "C" you can get with an "A". I will make a point to read this OP's future posts, because of the presentation factor alone! So many posts on ATS are presented in such an unorderly fashion - even if they have done their homework, many are extremely hard to follow!

This OP planned and prepared the post, and presented it in a very professional manner ~ while very excited and nervous about his/her first post! I am certain the OP will get everything 100% on the next one! CUDOS TO YOU OP ON YOUR FIRST POST!!!!

If you ever have a doubt ~ I say post! Most of us are nice folks!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

hmmmm yah interesting timing

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by factbandit

I agree with you hes a nice guy and presented well.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

This was months ago, was proven to be a fraud then, and it's still a fraud now

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
When Edward R. Murrow Died so did the News !

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Your first thread is a hoax ??????????????

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join