It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghosts stealing my kitchen utensils?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I live in Edinburgh which is a pretty creepy city in terms of the supernatural, or so they say. I've personally seen none of it. However in my flat things mysteriously vanish. We cannot account for it in any way. To date we've lost several forks, some spoons a couple of mugs, various bottles. And we just cannot explain it. None of us have broken or thrown them out, and our friends arn't the kind to go around stealing our mugs.

Can someone please help? Are ghosts stealing my kitchen utensils?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

Do you have landlords?

With keys to your apartment?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I believe I have solved your mystery.

He may be gone, but he's still cooking

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Put up some camera's in your kitchen...Wait... You can put tracking devices on them!
When i read the title I said to myself "HOAX!"
Perhaps not...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Holy CRAP MAN! No way! This is happening to me as well friend, no joke. Its been happening for about three years now and in three different homes. For some reason forks are the main object of disappearance, some spoons go missing, and bowls as well. We have had to buy at least 100 forks in 5 months. This is crazy, i thought i was crazy!

As to what this mystery may be, idk.

Good to know im not the only one with silver ware issues

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
To make your accusation a little bit more plausible, you may want to think of a motive
. What would the ghosts want with your utensils? What could they gain from stealing from you? Have you offended them in any way?
On a side note... ever see a movie called The Borrowers?

I hope you find who's behind this!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
OP, do you have kids?

My utensils disappear.. they wind up in toy boxes, fake kitchen sets, and even used for digging in my houseplants.. due to a totally corporeal 5 yr old.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
Holy CRAP MAN! No way! This is happening to me as well friend, no joke. Its been happening for about three years now and in three different homes. For some reason forks are the main object of disappearance, some spoons go missing, and bowls as well. We have had to buy at least 100 forks in 5 months. This is crazy, i thought i was crazy!

As to what this mystery may be, idk.

Good to know im not the only one with silver ware issues

I've got the same problem but, the answer to my problem is simple; three kids under 12 years old. They scrape their food into the trash after dinner and a lot of the time the forks and spoons follow it right in.

I've even found the whole plate with the food still on it in the trash a few times. When I ask who did it, they all point towards each other in a perfect triangle.

Its a shame we're not allowed to beat them anymore...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

LMAO!!!!

I didn t consider the trashcan!

And yes, such a shame we cant take a wooden utensil to their butts anymore, ehh??

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFake
To make your accusation a little bit more plausible, you may want to think of a motive
. What would the ghosts want with your utensils? What could they gain from stealing from you? Have you offended them in any way?
On a side note... ever see a movie called The Borrowers?

I hope you find who's behind this!

I have a couple of theories but this will make me sound crazier than i already seem as my utensils are also disappearing

Anyway, ghosts. If it were ghosts, perhaps certain entities are attracted to metals due to vibrations and frequency and all that astro-physiology non-sense that i cant really comprehend

Aliens with a fork fetish?

Who knows...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFake

Maybe they just want to mess with him, If I was a ghost that lived forever and ever I would do that out of boredom.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
thanks for the replies guys!

Im not sure if its ghosts but i doubt aliens would want my silverware. Maybe goblins. I don't really beleive in the supernatural but i just have no explanation for this.

My landlord doesn't really come visit and i don't have kids so its not that.

good to hear someone else has had a similar weird if banal experience as me.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
well in 2008, something similar was
happening to me. missing silverware
mainly. then later I found out how they
went missing.

The kids were throwing them in the
trash bin when they raked out the
leftovers from the plates in the trash.
I wouldn't have found it if I had not seen it
happen by chance. Sometimes silverware
can be hid under leftovers even stored
in the fridge. One knife was completely
covered in cake icing that it looked just
like part of the cake. And a spoon can fall
into a bowl of beans and be hid from view.
When you throw away the food, you also
throw away the silverware within that is
out of sight.

But best wishes finding your solution.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I've got the same problem but, the answer to my problem is simple; three kids under 12 years old. They scrape their food into the trash after dinner and a lot of the time the forks and spoons follow it right in.

I've even found the whole plate with the food still on it in the trash a few times. When I ask who did it, they all point towards each other in a perfect triangle.

Its a shame we're not allowed to beat them anymore...

No young ones in my house, and the issue is brought up from time to time, obviously when the s# goes missing. And i know that no one in my house throws metal utensils away. It can go from 15 forks to 4 over night. Then from 4 to 1, but we always hold on til that one til more are purchased.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No, its is just due to quantum fuzziness.

Some physicist has pre-sorted your cutlery and has sold you the ones that are in an indeterminant quantum state.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

No, its is just due to quantum fuzziness.

Some physicist has pre-sorted your cutlery and has sold you the ones that are in an indeterminant quantum state.

The Schrodinger's fork theory huh?

Maybe the silverware is ending up in the same place as all of my socks that disappear in the wash.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If you have a cat he/she may just be your thief. At one time my jewelry kept disappearing off my dresser and from the box - every day I found another piece missing - rings, necklaces, one earring, bracelets, etc. I was very perplexed and was ready to blame it on my boyfriend. One day while I was doing some though housekeeping I raised up the big heavy rug in the living room and there all nice and neat under the corner
of the rug - my jewelry. The cat admitted to doing it as he came up and picked up a piece of jewelry. I love cats, but they are sneaky little buggers. Or perhaps a dog even tho I don't think they like to cook. Just some thoughts.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It could be any animal from the neighborhood if the OP doesn't keep their windows and doors shut all the time. The cat from that vid swipes stuff from all over his neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've heard them referred to as "spoon elves" and they are worldwide in all manner of households, apparently. I think it might be why most makers have double the number of teaspoons (they know. Maybe they are in on it)
Try this. If there is a companion in your household, inform them that you were unaware that they didn't like the cutlery and they can just get another set. (don't present this as optional) This seems to have worked for me when I got the latest.
Your only other recourse is to ban him/ them from clearing the table or doing the dishes (if that applies).
I guess a third option would be serving them with plastic, but the potential exists for being exposed as the culprit/ co-perpetrator.
Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think I figured it out.

Have you ever seen this man near your kitchen?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join