It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghosts stealing my kitchen utensils?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
they also have a likng for plectrums, ghost or pixies i dont know, but if i ever catch one *shakes fist*
urgh

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I had the same problem.

But I figured it out. The wife was throwing the crap out. Dumping plates into the trash and not even looking to see there were utensils on it. Mugs disappearing because they were dropped and broken.

Are you married? Do you have kids?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sounds like my problem with the evil sock monster. I buy so many socks, but I always end up with only one out of a pair remaining! It's been years since I've worn a matching pair of socks. These ghosts need to be stopped. Although, to be fair, my former housemate once wondered who was stealing all the coffee mugs. Then she boldly charged into my room, and lo and behold, there they all were. So make sure to blame other people before you blame the ghost.

Try putting a padlock over the cutlery drawer?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFake
To make your accusation a little bit more plausible, you may want to think of a motive
. What would the ghosts want with your utensils? What could they gain from stealing from you? Have you offended them in any way?
On a side note... ever see a movie called The Borrowers?

I hope you find who's behind this!

I'm wanting to help here and have been trying for 20 minutes to put myself into the mind of a ghost so as to ascertain why they would become kleptomanics. I'm sorry, I just can't do it. Well, I can imagine that IF they are mean ghosts they may be taking the forks to use as torture tools once they get a decent arsenal together for attacking somebody. That would explain the why of the forks and not, say, spoons. (Did you ever try to attack somebody with a spoon? It just doesn't work out. They simply want to get all snuggly.)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The video made my night!

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My first thougth was the same as Advantage's,

There was a time when all my spoons where myseriously gone missing, we found the back in plants and even in the sandbox on the playground behind my appartement! Gotto love kids

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
They dont steal...... its more like they borrow them to play with us and amuse themselves and to amuse us
They just want to interact with us. Theres nothing sinister about it, they are just playing. If it was a bad thing they would be throwing the utencils at you. Its just a game so enjoy it.

edit on 6-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's not ghosts, it's fairies... they love shiny things, but they do bring your stuff back if you ask NICELY. I lost all kinds of things over the years -- from key rings to jewelry. One minute it's right there in my sight, the next minute it's gone and no amount of searching can dig it up. So I talk out loud to the fairies and say, "I know you like this , but I like it too, and it's important to me. Please bring it back." Yelling at them, however, is not advised; if you tick them off, they might start playing nasty tricks on you.

Takes usually only one day until the item shows back up, often in the same place you'd seen it last. I even once got a gift from the fairies: I found a little box with an angel pin and angel bookmark on the floor of my bedroom in plain view, seemingly coming out of nowhere. My husband and son swore to God they'd never seen it before. Needless to say, I treasure that pin very much.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

I have actually had two experiences with stuff disappearing. The first was when we were living in an apartment complex. At first we noticed small things missing like forks and spoons. Then it was things like a bag of batteries we had brought home and left in the shopping bag. Both the bag and the batteries came up missing. The real head scratcher was when a box that was filled with 45 single serving size bags of snacks went missing. Now that was pretty big and impossible to just misplace in our tiny apartment! I had noticed that anything that was missing always went missing during the day and always disappeared from the kitchen which was near the front door. The apartment complex swore only the maintenance manager had the keys and county law requires the locks to be changed between renters. It was a mystery until one day I saw one of the workers who was mentally handicapped use a screwdriver to pop open a door. I confronted him, told him if I ever had anything else go missing I would call the cops, and I did tell his supervisor what I saw. Never had anything else disappear. I believe he would go into the apartments just for the thrill of it and what was happening with me was he would see me take the dog out and knew he had about 30 minutes before I got back.

In the place I live now I also have stuff come up missing and I have an alarm system I would know if anyone comes in. It sounds crazy but I am pretty sure a ghost takes stuff. I have all sorts of activity including stuff that disappears and then is put in some highly conspicuous place where I already looked 100 times before. I think it is a joke on the part of the ghost and a way to get acknowledged. I almost always get my stuff back. You might feel silly but I would recommend that you talk out loud, acknowledge that the jokes been on you, but to please find a nicer way to say hello!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
thanks again for all the replies

i've considered most of the mundane anwsers before posting. Im 100% sure it isn't friends/landlord/mice(unless theyre hench mice)/ 100% not kids. And im sure we don't chuck them out because were careful about that, it is really easy to loose forks in chippy boxes but both of us have a habit of checking before tossing them out. Unless its my flatmate im stumped. As to why a ghost may want them? If they died from starvation maybe? Or were a glutton or a hoarder in life?

Now that i think about it i was blood cursed once. Didn't think much of it at the time

~TR

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I had a ghost that would constantly steal random things, no silverware but he did have a thing for hair brushes
We had a working relationship, I wasn't afraid of him, so I would verbally say put it back right now, sure enough I'd turn around and it would be right there.

Now, I'm not saying that I would go out come home and it would be gone. I mean I was doing my hair set down the brush and it was gone, no one else was in the room with me, which is why I knew it was him, whenever I would look away it would be gone, and I would tell him " I don't have time for this crap....put it back now." And there it would be.
stupid ghost.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
ok that is a litle bit wierd have you tried putting them in the fridge
or better yet a ghost proof safe ghost try and get thought this

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I had a squirrel or some kind of critter stealing stuff in my kitchen

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Have you ever tried to put CCTV cameras (with infrared) at all corner in your kitchen ?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Wow, there's a few interesting stories in this thread.

During my late teens, I would have issues with losing things like watches, flashlights, memory cards, etc. Sometimes I would realize that I've lost some valuable stuff after a hard night of drinking, which is strange since I pay strict attention to the items that I carry while under the influence so I don't lose them, and I was always convinced that I would lose these things around my house anyways.

I kinda had the thought of mysterious forces screwing around with me, but I let them know vocally that I was not amused as I ripped apart my house looking for these items of value to me.

These days I don't seem to be affected by this problem anymore, but I guess I've just become too mentally preoccupied to notice such activity, unlike when I was a child.

They liked to scare me back then, even winged a large container of my toys across an empty room in the dead of night when I was like 5 years old. My dad tried to come up with some rationalization at the time... Yet that doesn't explain this weird, vaguely short and long since repressed memory that has returned to me as of late, of seeing a large silhouetted figure staring me down from across my childhood bedroom when the only thing that I had to protect me was my blanket. Whatever it was, it definitely followed me around to a few different homes, hiding in the darkest rooms and waiting until I was alone before making its presence known.

Life is a trip.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

Oh dear lord!!! i use to see him outside my window at nights, crawling down trees into my backyard!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
A friend of my dad's had a problem of his silverware disappearing. Turns out he was eating a lot of take-out food and would throw away his utensils with the box the food came in. Just saying
I've never had anything disappear that I couldn't blame on my own forgetfulness.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Yes, you treasure that gift. But somewhere somebody was scratching their head in puzzlement and wondering where on earth their angel pin and bookmark got to. They were there on the dresser only a minute ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Poltergeists have been known to hide objects on people.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is wild!!
The same thing is happening to me!
At first I joked with my husband and said well, I guess the dish ran away with the spoon! And laugh it off but 3 boxes of flatware later and somethings up!! I have no small children. The youngest in my house is 16, his older brother 21. And they hardly eat at home anymore, they grab fast food on the run! And we don't scrape our food into the trash can, usually the dogs get our table scraps. Wow!!
Thus needs to be investigated further!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join