It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 2012 Election Campaign Ad Released - A Hint of Reverse Psychology??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
FYI: I am reposting this after barley any feedback or views in the breaking political news forum. I am just trying to get some discussion on the recent campaign release.... it seems that forum is asleep tonight/today. Lets hope this one is more active

Hi All,

I am just gonna post the new ad campaign for Obama. I saw some snippets on the news today in Australia and noticed what seemed to be some blatant reverse psychology, although i may be wrong but i will let you be the judge.

Obama 2012 Ad Campaign

Notice the comments Ed from North Carolina makes at about 1:20 in the clip and then straight after Ed there is Cladys from Nevada, notice the comments she makes....

Is there a hint of reverse pychology there or is it just me?

In the News:

Obama aims at 2012 in 'final campaign'

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 » 10:20am

President Barack Obama on Monday opened his quest for a second White House term, calling on supporters to rebuild his grass roots powerbase and gird for a fight to protect his crusade of change.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3db3fd58bbb.jpg[/atsimg]

Obama, who swept to power on a wave of hope-fuelled expectations in 2008 and is now a graying incumbent battered by two years of crises, set course for the November 2012 election with an email to supporters and a web video.

'Today, we are filing papers to launch our 2012 campaign,' Obama said, in a move that will allow him to begin piling up campaign cash for an election fund that could reach $US1 billion ($A964.8 million).

Obama admitted the past two years struggling to enact reform had been perhaps tougher than many supporters hoped.

Full Article

Satirical Campaign Ads (for some humour in a world that is sometimes way too serious
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e53b3c4ebf4.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 5-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What a CROCK.

Politics are like a punch and judy show.

And I grew out of that stuff a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well at least the campaign symbol is ridiculous and replete throughout communism and then some...
The rising sun, "dawn of a new day"...

Macedonia

Estonia

Azerbaijan

Just to name a few...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

"I don't agree with everything...but I respect him." Uh, yeah. I respect a man who campaigns on transparency and then gets an award for "transparency" in secret. Who does MANY things in secret. Who promised to end Gitmo. Is there a Gitmo still? Uh, yup. Who has done nothing! to end the "Patriot" Act - and in fact uses it.

I don't agree with anything he does - but the solution is not the Republican douche-wad - who will do the same things (Meet your new boss;same as the old boss...). The solution is to find a new direction - and I offer ideas for just that.

I present them in two threads. The End of Entropy, the foundation (read first), and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform, the structure. They are linked in my sig.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I am not able to watch the videos just now, but I know you are right.

This is how marketing works, this is what they do, and reverse physcology is probably one of the least used forms, IT. IS. EVERYWHERE. (Check out the Century Of Self if you havent already, this is how "brainwashing" aka propaganda and/or marketing works)

Its why there has been a very sharp decline in over all product quality for EVERYTHING. Everything has got lower quality because you no longer need good products, you can even make old ones shiny and make a fortune, as long as the marketing is good. (Its is no coincidence that more money is spent on marketing than product development nowadays!)

This is the only reason Obama was chosen to run, he ran on change, not only that he is black, and about as "different" as you can get from anyone before him. Then who was his main "opponent" Hillary Clinton a Woman, again COMPLETELY different from anything before, it was all about giving the apearance of CHANGE. this is why the republicans got Mcain & Palin, it was not their turn to win!

AND IT WORKED, Americans bought it hook line & sinker, as did the rest of the world, possibly one of the greatest marketing campaings since the Apple Ipad or Halo 3, and thats all it was, a couple of corporate puppets hand picked purely to satisfy as many demographics as possible, and as we can see nothing has changed and that was always the point.

No Profit in change!!!
edit on 5/4/11 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

edit on 5/4/11 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by S3ns1bl3

When you get a chance the first clip is worth the 2 minutes.... although it is a hopeless campaign clip, as i said there will probably be many more in the coming months leading up to the 2012 election.

I just thought the comments i pointed out were odd.... It was like a negative / poisitve approach - Reverse psychology in an obvious way.

The last 2 clips are just satire... funny though
i cant wait for the saturday night live view on the issue!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I dont really have an opinion on whether there is a communist or soviet link... you never know though.

It probably wasnt Obama or even his advisors that came up with that logo, just someone in graphic design, then they saw the image and thought yeah that looks good....

top topics

join