It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisc. Gov. Walker gives big money job to campaign donors son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
well if this isn't the good ole boy political
corruption at it's finest, I don't know what is.

That's largely the perception many Wisconinites are taking away from this weekend's revelation that the son of a major political donor to Republican Governor Scott Walker landed a very well-heeled post in the state's Department of Commerce with apparent ease.

His qualifications: dropping out of college, working for a few Republicans, working for a lobbyist shop and getting busted a couple times for DUI.

That one reason why Wisconsinites aren't necessarily happy to hear that the young Brian Deschane, the son of a lobbyist for the Wisconsin Builders Association and a major Walker donor, is now earning $81,500 a year on their dime.

And lucky him: In Brian's first two months on the job, he even landed a 26 percent pay raise, according to The Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel. It's a very generous percentage too -- unlike Wisconsin teachers, who typically make about half of Deschane's salary and see their pay increase only 21 percent every 10 years.

www.rawstory.com...

I don't know what else to say, this is
just sickening. There is no integrity
left in government anymore
on both sides of the aisle.

It's stories like this that make me
wanna scream.

No degree and no experience in Commerce
yet getting this job was a piece of cake .....
only if you paid for it with bribes.

Impeach Walker !!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
with his history,
I think he'd be better suited
to work at McDonalds.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So...lining politician's pocket = good
Union collective bargaining = bad

I think the good guv'nor is gonna get more than impeached. This guy is just plain asking for trouble.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Interesting story.

Why not find out exactly what this kiddie does for his job and then bombard him with correspondance and increase his and his work colleagues workload 1000%.

Then, when he is proven to be incompetant, the matter would be brought more into the mainstream and questions will get asked and hopefully he will get sacked.

Or...get all unemployed people in the area to go to his workplace and demand a job for an equivalent salary....a few hundred should be enough to cause a LEGAL stir. Fill the reception hall with applicants.

What a little git! And put there just to be a "yes" man I'm sure, no brain needed.
edit on 5/4/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Why not find out exactly what this kiddie does for his job and then bombard him with correspondance and increase his and his work colleagues workload 1000%.

that wouldn't work.
Walker would just create a couple more
positions to off-set and hire more of
the donor list.

the more I hear about this guy Walker,
the less I like him.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by boondock-saint

Why not find out exactly what this kiddie does for his job

Hmm...according to this receipt I just "liberated" from his office, he ordered several sets of...

kneepads.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree with you Boony, but every politician does this. No matter what party. What amazes me more is that people are letting it happen. I see all these posts about how unions are outdated due to legislation and laws protecting workers, but as the fiasco in WI shows, laws can be changed. First strip the right to collectively bargain, then simply change the laws. He has all the support he needs to pass anything. And people are cheering it on..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
I agree with you Boony, but every politician does this.
No matter what party.

then they all need to be fired or impeeched
2nd

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Can't believe I'm saying this...but boon's spot on.

And until this gets fixed, it doesn't matter who's in power, left, right, centre...it DOESN'T MATTER!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wow, a politicians exposed as working for the Koch brothers is corrupt??

I'm shocked.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Man at Center of Controversial Promotion Resigns

Posted Friday April 8, 2011

MADISON, Wis. (WTAQ) - The son of a Scott Walker campaign contributor might have had no place to go after he was demoted this week.

Brian Deschane quit Thursday, after Walker’s office did an about-face and relieved him of a top management post. He was supposed to go back to a job he was given in January.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said Deschane was apparently replaced in his old job after he got the promotion.

top topics

join