It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD/ADD/Eczema/IBS/Asthma/Depression - In-Depth Possible Link Explained

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

wow. as someone who has struggled with all of these, especially the past year or so with dermatitis/eczema and ibs, thank you for your research. ill be taking a dive into some of those articles later. S&F!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
BunnyBeHoppy: Your symptoms also sound a lot like Celiac Disease, with the eczema and the bowel issues especially. SonOfTheLawOfOne as well, if the new diet regimen doesn't clear up all the issues for the long run.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Smoking is connected to several diseases, but that wasn't the point of my thread, I only mentioned it because it was a step in the overall process for me to get to better health.

Thanks for your feedback though!

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by king Pop!p

Excellent thread... You articulated way better then I.... I'm just wondering, did my recent thread inspire you to share your experience about ADHD and Omega-3s' and such?? Because just a few days ago, I posted a thread about ADHD and a potential cure. I think My experience combined with yours, is a great testimonial about how eating healthy and taking your vitamins can drastically improved your mental health...

Heres my thread.. The cure for ADHD Tell me what do you think

Thank you!

I did read your thread, and it did inspire me... but what actually inspired me was that nobody was really taking you seriously, and the people who were, were only doing so because of the mass media publishing articles on the subject recently. I felt there needed to be some hard fact and some anecdotal evidence combined to give people a well rounded view and strong medical studies to back everything up.

I applaud you for your thread and for trying to raise awareness. It is stories like yours and ours that are what is going to paint a new picture for people and show them that the corporations don't care about anyone and the people who run them don't eat the food they produce. They only care about appeasing shareholders and as a result, everything of nutritional value has been removed from our foods and replaced with fake substitutes that can be made from chemicals. Only in the last 100 years have the diseases we see today run rampant, so one has to ask, what has changed in the last 100 years? FOOD. The USA used to be the agricultural garden of the world, and in the last 100 years, the good farmers with sound practices have been pushed out by corporations like Monsanto. It's sickening and I feel compelled to fight the only way I know how.... by informing people.

Thanks again for your thread, and your supportive post. I hope others like yourself come forward and share their successes and failures as well.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Absolutely EXCELLENT!

There is a fundamental need for humans of today to start exploring their relationship with the environment and their own potential for adaptation and survival, thus health implied.

Great content, OP.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

I'm happy to have provided this information and help anyone who would like some direction (not medical advice) on where to find information or to better understand how some of these diseases work.

For your IBS, I would recommend adding a strong probiotic that has at least 30 billion active organisms in each pill. You can find a few quality ones on the sites I listed for the other products. I have taken NSI in the past and they have done well for the money. When my intestines were perforated from the IBS, it was allowing whole food particles to pass through into my blood, which my body considered foreign and would attack and inflame. It took about a month with the probiotics, fish oil and the vitamins to start having a settled stomach. Someone else mentioned Celiac disease, which is a possibility, and an easy way to find out is to eliminate all gluten for 2-3 weeks and see if there is a major difference. There are simple blood tests for it as well, and I was tested and came up negative.

The probiotics will help repair the damaged intestinal lining and flora, and will assists with the absorption of the vitamins and fish oil, so I definitely recommend them for anyone suffering from IBS. For people who also suffer from asthma and eczema, this can sometimes be because of problems in the bowels, where certain food particles that are small enough are able to get into the blood. Most of the time, it is the weakened delta-6 enzyme which allows the build-up of the AA, and once that happens, you're inflamed and that's why anti-inflammatory drugs provide relief, but as soon as they wear off, the problems return. The only way to fix this is to reduce the inflammation that your body produces.

I hope this helps and wish your brother and his son the best of luck! If I can offer any other help, feel free to U2U me.

~Namaste
edit on 5-4-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A good diet is key to most health issue resolutions.
also GET OFF FLUORIDE... do the research.. bad stuff
I have been completely fluoride free for 4 months. and I feel far more alert and
not grogy in the mornings any longer and to be honest,. the sex drive is greatly
appreciated by the wife, of which fluoride suppresses.
Also, I am having my Amalgam fillings removed,. do that research also,.
Mercury is next to uranium in toxicity to the body,. and it is in ALL amalgam fillings.
I found a dentist that specializes in the removal process,. also found the real inside story
about what mercury does to ones health,. ADD ADHD are just two of the side affects from
mercury.. Any ADA dentist that tells you they are safe is saying so by the oath of the ADA.
They will lose their licence if they get caught saying otherwise. Mercury IS toxic and leaches
into your body. This is a fact
edit on 5-4-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

S and F for you a brilliant thread,

My son who has just turned 4 has eczema and has had since he was a few months old, its not as bad as it was thankfully and I have cut out most of the things I thought were making it worse, he only drinks water I cut out all juices and that seems to have made a difference, also I try not to give him treats as sweets and chocolates can be known to make it worse.

Eczema is a very hard condition to deal with especially in children, my sister has also had eczema all her life she is 26 now and only has a bit on her hands and feet but when she was younger hers was so bad to the point of hospitalisation, and I remember the endless nights of my sister scratching non stop it was horrible.

Thankyou for this thread especially the eczema link it has been very helpfull.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
A good diet is key to most health issue resolutions.

You're right on both fronts... the flouride is bad news, but more importantly is the diet.

Here is the thing though.... some cultures develop different gene and enzyme expressions due to their cultural evolution over time. Just like we evolve through intelligence, so does your body. It doesn't adjust quickly either, contrary to what people believe. It takes hundred, if not thousands of years for the human body to adapt to disease, so how is it any different for food?

Up until just a few hundred years ago, most cultures were pretty much stuck with the food sources nearest to them. This means if you lived in mountains, you probably ate a lot of goat and drank goat milk. If you lived near the oceans, you ate a ton of seafood and probably rarely drank milk. Each of these cultures evolves that way over time and their body and genes develop to support those eating habits.

Fast forward to the last 200 years or so, and people's food habits changed at a faster rate than our bodies could support. As a result, you have Asian people who can't drink milk, and people like myself, who likely grew up on fish and require huge amounts of omega-3 for our genes and bodily support to function properly. If you look at unityemissions post, in his case, his body doesn't want omega-3, it wants omega-6 and 9 to produce archidonic acid, which he has a shortage of where as the eczema, ADHD or IBS sufferer usually has too much of.

So I strongly believe that there are only a few possibilities.... your heritage either ate fish a lot, and developed accordingly... or they ate meat and no fish.... or they didn't eat either and were mostly vegans that grazed on nuts, grains and fruits and vegetables. I don't know how anyone could determine which one they are without first getting sick from certain foods, but hopefully there will be some way of finding out someday.

In the mean time, I stick with what you said and that is a good diet, free of the ingredients that you don't find in the food pyramid. Cook your own food. Grow it if you can, or buy it from farmer's markets where you know it will be whole grown foods. It costs less money to make your own completely organic dinner than to get fast food or a packaged dinner, and then you can re-heat any leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. People just have to stop being lazy and complacent and decide how important it is for them to feel better or keep feeling like utter crap.

Thank you for the post Drummer!

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

Thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your son... eczema is really tough to deal with, especially with small children. The fact that your sister had it hints to me that you have the weak FAD2 gene in your family tree. That's the funny thing about genes is that as they get passed around, it's chance on who gets the weak ones and who doesn't. It sounds like you got skipped, and it passed along to your son, which also happened with my youngest child. I put him on the same children's fish oil that my older son is on, and his cleared right up. (the little kids eat foods at school that are harder to prevent, like at little parties and school functions) The fish oil, at the very least, will also help as a preventative.

On a more personal note, I understand the pain your sister went through. My eczema was so bad, that my skin on my hands and feet would crack open and bleed just from bending my fingers or walking. This is why I became so obsessed at preventing it in my children and trying to find a cure for myself. It was hideous. People would stare at me. I had to wear special gloves and socks drenched in steroid cream to have any relief. It was terrible. I thought I was doomed, but with the materials I read through and provided here, I have not had any eczema in a while.

If any of that info can help your sister or your son, I couldn't be more grateful.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Thankyou, I am gonna look into the fish oil thing it sounds like this could be something that could really help.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Summary:

-Don't drink dark sodas (COKE, PEPSI).. yes for those of u that drink a case every few days!!!

-EXERCISE/WORKOUT consistently (not once a week)

-Eat healthy (Fresh fruits and vegetables.. EAT ANYTHING GREEN at every meal)

-Don't SMOKE, and DON't drink Alcohol

it's good that the poster found this out, and provided all the research, but this should be common sense, although many people are overweight and have those conditions.. Follow all of the steps above and you WILL FEEL BETTER/look better/ act better.. i do it.

get the word out and spread it. Its not the first time someone has stated those things. Its just the fact of actually following through.

LIVE. LAUGH. LOVE

peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Great points!

The things I mentioned prior though, is that some people can still eat healthy and not understand how their bodies function, or they might believe they are eating healthy but don't understand the difference between fresh fruits and vegetables and canned ones.

A lot of people think "I'm eating good foods..." because they eat a fruit cup at lunch, or some veggies with dinner. But to get the food into a package or a cup, it has to have syrups, preservatives and additives, which the body doesn't understand what to do with those things (usually), AND they remove the active enzymes and nutritional content of the food itself in the process.

Also, some people can have a gene or enzyme deficiency and can eat whole foods all day, but may end up doing more damage because that person doesn't pay attention to how their body is reacting from certain foods. It's very hard to pin down to every individual, but there are steps to figuring it out.

I see the biggest problem as being a lack of information and a bit of being cornered by the corporate foods. When you're in the grocery store, you have to seek out the good foods, they aren't presented to you. The stores are able to keep the shelves stocked longer with packaged foods, so that is why they keep more of them. Most people don't want to spend the time to FIND healthy food, they want it right there on the shelves without having to guess or do any kind of mental work. The corporations KNOW this, so they inundate you with packaged foods, which have nothing good in them at all, and if they do, it's usually overshadowed by the list of chemicals, preservatives and garbage on the label. The corporations also know that if they keep you busy and distracted enough, wanting to spend more time in front of the computer or TV than cooking, that you'll also run out and buy fast food.

They are waiting in every nook and cranny for you to take a shortcut so they can profit from it. The only way to stop it is to inform people and allow them to make better choices. I've taken a lot of the guess work out by doing the research, and it has taken a lot of time. The things I've found and understood took a long time, so I'm hoping that by summarizing in my own words through my personal experience and understanding, that I can help others become more aware.

I appreciate your feedback and thank you for contributing to the thread in a positive way.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Just wanted to add some additional information about some of the data I've collected that was not online but from books:

How to Change Your or Your Child’s Diet for Two Weeks:

• No dairy products – milk, cheese, ice cream. As an alternative, try almond mild or rice milk
• No yellow colored foods such as corn or squash
• No junk foods
• No fruit juices because the sugar content is too high. When reintroducing fruit juice into the diet, dilute it 50/50
• Reduce the amount of sugar your child consumes by 90%. If you can eliminate it completely, even better.
• Reduce the amount of chocolate by 90%
• No sugar substitutes
• No processed meats such as spam, hash, turkey, etc.
• No MSG (monosodium glutamate)
• Reduce the amount of fried foods by 90%
• Reduce the amount of consumed food coloring when possible
• Reduce the amount of fish due to the concern about mercury content

The idea is to detoxify your child’s body (or your own) for two weeks. Eat all natural foods.

Absolutely no processed foods are to be consumed during this time.
Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.

Once your body has gone through the detox period, put the above mentioned foods back into your or your child’s diet. Add a new food every three to four days. When the food is added, consume a lot of it and watch to see if an allergic reaction takes place.

And some information on the neuro-chemicals....

Neuro-chemicals and their effect on the body and brain

Dopamine: Causes feelings of being invincible. High levels of this chemical cause difficulty in focusing. Other issues that might happen include feelings of indifference towards love (i.e. – friends, family, pets, romantic love, etc.)
Serotonin: The level of this chemical decreases when norephinephrine is released. As a result, feelings of sleepiness and well-being are aroused.
Norephinephrine: Causes feelings of an adrenaline “rush”. Patients’ hearts beat faster. Their bodies experience more oxygenation. Through the release of norephinephrine, people experience “super-human” strength in times of crisis.
Opioids: Cause feelings of urgency. High levels of this brain chemical cause extreme happiness and a lack of feeling pain.
Gama amino butyric acid (GABA): When opioids are reduced due to stress or deficient, GABA levels also decrease. This causes feelings of anxiety.

I will add more as I can... and will continue to answer questions for anyone.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Wow! You really know your stuff! (Even if it's not considered medical advice..) I will do as you say and try it out for 6 to 8 months.

Thank you again for your awesome info!!! I will let you know how it goes!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

That would be great! Please keep me posted, I'd love to hear of any improvements after giving it a try, and I wish you the best of luck, but to be honest, I think luck has little to do with this.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Lovin' the positive energy on this thread..

u know alot of cures/ailments are solved/helped by positive motivation (The reverse is true too, with negative energy/attitudes contributing to negative health)

keep ur head aligned, and ur body will follow..

great research by the way, poster. Keep the positive motivation, and the knowledge will keep spreading to others.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by restless genius

S and F for you a brilliant thread,

My son who has just turned 4 has eczema and has had since he was a few months old, its not as bad as it was thankfully and I have cut out most of the things I thought were making it worse, he only drinks water I cut out all juices and that seems to have made a difference, also I try not to give him treats as sweets and chocolates can be known to make it worse.

Eczema is a very hard condition to deal with especially in children, my sister has also had eczema all her life she is 26 now and only has a bit on her hands and feet but when she was younger hers was so bad to the point of hospitalisation, and I remember the endless nights of my sister scratching non stop it was horrible.

Thankyou for this thread especially the eczema link it has been very helpfull.
Something else you may want to consider,. staying away from yeast and glutens.
Many people are allergic to these products and dont know it,.
It can show up as allergies in the skin and internal body
It will cause immune system breakdowns.
And yes stay away from all processed sugars, white flours, and white rices when possible,
these are compromise the immune system also.
Radish mash is great for skin ailments,. being a child they most likely wont like to eat them
though they are VERY high in Healthy.
Adding the amino acid Lysine is a real boost for the Immune strength
edit on 5-4-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Thank you for giving all of this information, my son & his wife are almost at their witts end with thier 8 yr old son, the school psychologist has just assessed him with an average to good IQ, but is soo disruptive in class,has been sent to the heads office God knows how many times, actually fights with his mum, couldn't care one bit about being sent to his room or made to sit outside the Heads office (as he says " I don't care I'm not scared of them") he has always been like this you could never blackmail him even as a baby, but he can also be an angel. His mother has breakouts of eczema & uslerative colitis, actually he had mild eczema as a baby. his little brother at 2 yr is also a tornado & I am sure the info you have out on here will be of immence help.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nanny

You are very welcome. I'm so happy to have gotten the positive response from everyone and for sharing your stories.

Your son sounds like a classic case of ADHD, more so than ADD, but I'm just basing that off of what you are mentioning. With ADHD, there is a definite lack of dopamine production in the brain. Dopamine is responsible for the feeling of reward and punishment among many other things. My son had the same problem, it drove us nuts. It didn't matter how much we took away or to what degree he was punished, it didn't seem to ever bother him. This is also what medications do, is usually decrease norepinephrine or increase dopamine. Dopamine is tricky because you can't supplement it directly, and most drugs do not cross the blood-brain barrier, so they have to find other ways to get the brain to produce it. This is why I mentioned the protein shakes that we drink which contain a lot of the individual amino acid chains. The body will naturally synthesize dopamine but you have to provide it with the ingredients to do so. The fish oil will help rebuild the basal ganglia that is likely deficient in size due to a lack of essential fatty acids in the diet or a surplus of trans and saturated fats (omega-6) , or a deficient enzyme such as delta-6 desturase. The eczema as a child and his mother having eczema are signs of that weak enzyme.

I would follow very much the same regimen that I outlined in the OP. It sounds hard to do, but it just takes a little discipline and once you're committed and start seeing changes, you'll feel good about continuing.

Stop all sugar from your child's diet. Excessive sugar stimulates norepinephrine production and decreases the effectiveness of the delta-6 enzyme, therefore allowing the inflammatory response of the body to kick in. This will prevent any fish oil or omega-3 that you take from being processed correctly. Avoid chocolate as well. In the morning, have a breakfast high in protein. We do this by having an egg or two and a protein shake with half of the suggested dosage. We also have a lunch that is high in protein as much as possible because it is what people with the weak delta-6 enzymes seem to respond to. Once you have some small amount of food in your stomach, take the fish oil and vitamins, and make sure your vitamins are well-rounded because most do not have calcium or magnesium, and ADHD children and people with eczema need both of these and are usually deficient in them. Drink at LEAST 80% of your body weight in ounces of water. If your son weighs 100lbs, he should drink 80 oz of water a day, which is 10 8oz glasses. This is a must in order to remove many less mobile elements such as heavy metals and stored sugars.

This is pretty much our every day routine. If I cheat, I break out. If my son cheats, he has a bad day at school. This is our body telling us it should not have the crap that is force fed to us. When we eat like we live in the 1800's, everything is cool. When we try to live in the moment, eat fast food, eat at a cheap restaurant, we all usually pay for it.

You can't "cure" a faulty gene, but maybe it's faulty for a reason? We are a part of nature, and maybe nature is trying to tell us something through our children.... that we should be giving them better food and a better environment. I feel like a good father more today than when I was less educated about these matters, and it seems like the medical establishment is betting on that with the majority of people. I can't stop my body from malfunctioning when I give it garbage to work with, so the idea is keep the system clean and garbage free as much as possible. We truly are what we eat!

I forgot to mention.... for symptoms of the eczema, tea tree oil works really well to take itch away. There is a creme called CereVe that also works wonders with the dryness and cracking of the skin. You can also mix the two together with no worries. If you can find actual primrose oil as an oil, mixing that in also provides relief.

I'm thankful that I can help others. I'll be checking this thread constantly and updating it, so I will continue to try to help as many people as I can and answer any questions that I can.

~Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join