It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by king Pop!p
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Excellent thread... You articulated way better then I.... I'm just wondering, did my recent thread inspire you to share your experience about ADHD and Omega-3s' and such?? Because just a few days ago, I posted a thread about ADHD and a potential cure. I think My experience combined with yours, is a great testimonial about how eating healthy and taking your vitamins can drastically improved your mental health...
Heres my thread.. The cure for ADHD Tell me what do you think
Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
A good diet is key to most health issue resolutions.
How to Change Your or Your Child’s Diet for Two Weeks:
• No dairy products – milk, cheese, ice cream. As an alternative, try almond mild or rice milk
• No yellow colored foods such as corn or squash
• No junk foods
• No fruit juices because the sugar content is too high. When reintroducing fruit juice into the diet, dilute it 50/50
• Reduce the amount of sugar your child consumes by 90%. If you can eliminate it completely, even better.
• Reduce the amount of chocolate by 90%
• No sugar substitutes
• No processed meats such as spam, hash, turkey, etc.
• No MSG (monosodium glutamate)
• Reduce the amount of fried foods by 90%
• Reduce the amount of consumed food coloring when possible
• Reduce the amount of fish due to the concern about mercury content
The idea is to detoxify your child’s body (or your own) for two weeks. Eat all natural foods.
Absolutely no processed foods are to be consumed during this time.
Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
Once your body has gone through the detox period, put the above mentioned foods back into your or your child’s diet. Add a new food every three to four days. When the food is added, consume a lot of it and watch to see if an allergic reaction takes place.
Neuro-chemicals and their effect on the body and brain
• Dopamine: Causes feelings of being invincible. High levels of this chemical cause difficulty in focusing. Other issues that might happen include feelings of indifference towards love (i.e. – friends, family, pets, romantic love, etc.)
• Serotonin: The level of this chemical decreases when norephinephrine is released. As a result, feelings of sleepiness and well-being are aroused.
• Norephinephrine: Causes feelings of an adrenaline “rush”. Patients’ hearts beat faster. Their bodies experience more oxygenation. Through the release of norephinephrine, people experience “super-human” strength in times of crisis.
• Opioids: Cause feelings of urgency. High levels of this brain chemical cause extreme happiness and a lack of feeling pain.
• Gama amino butyric acid (GABA): When opioids are reduced due to stress or deficient, GABA levels also decrease. This causes feelings of anxiety.
Something else you may want to consider,. staying away from yeast and glutens.
Originally posted by restless genius
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne
S and F for you a brilliant thread,
My son who has just turned 4 has eczema and has had since he was a few months old, its not as bad as it was thankfully and I have cut out most of the things I thought were making it worse, he only drinks water I cut out all juices and that seems to have made a difference, also I try not to give him treats as sweets and chocolates can be known to make it worse.
Eczema is a very hard condition to deal with especially in children, my sister has also had eczema all her life she is 26 now and only has a bit on her hands and feet but when she was younger hers was so bad to the point of hospitalisation, and I remember the endless nights of my sister scratching non stop it was horrible.
Thankyou for this thread especially the eczema link it has been very helpfull.