It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I 'think' I have found the cure for ADHD.. Seriously, listen up....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I know there is a thread right now on the main page about ADHD possibly being link to food dyes ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) But this is not a thread about food dyes. The reason I'm posting is because I have always been very passionate about learning about ADHD, because I have/had it. I called it a blessing, and a curse. It affected my whole whole life, and I knew it all along. I always tried to find out how can I fix , re-wire my mind, and control my thoughts more.

As adult making a huge career transition, I've decided that I have to get my mind right, no distractions, no changing my mind with new ideas all the time. I read multiple threads on ATS and online with folks saying "ADHD is BULL, and its all in the diet". I am here to let others that have ADHD, or children with ADHD know that's absolutely CORRECT! It is all in the diet, plus some exorcise, meditation, and a multi-vitamins. I swear to everything, I think this is it, guys.

All my life my mother told me "you have good ideas but you never go out and execute them, you need some multi-vitamins too get you off your ass and do something" And I always brushed it off, like "yea yea mom, what ever"... Well lately, I've had a great plan to generate some amazing income, and I knew I needed to force my self to focus. So I did the unthinkable, I took Adderall. A drug for ADHD. I felt Limitless and super focused. Something like a super human, but it had me jittery, which I did not like.

After a few days of taken them, when the pill was waring off, I become extremely depressed, and one night I began to have suicidal thoughts (which is not like me at all, not one bit, I love life) an I began to freak out, to the point that I thought I was going to hospitalize myself in a psycho ward because I couldn't control my thoughts. The only thing that saved me was looking at my family and saying to myself in the back of my mind " Come'on this is not me, I don't think like this hang on, its these F^%%in pills!" Since that day, I immediately stopped taking Adderall. Although, I was traumatize by the event for weeks after because I couldn't believe I actually felt like I was capable of hurting my self... I digress....

I knew there had to be another way to get my mind right. Then I thought about ATS and the articles that I have read online, and remembered about diet. I called my cousin who is a fitness trainer and told him to email me a diet regiment because I wanted to get buff for the Summer. He did, and I followed the instructions that he gave me. I started eating real healthy. I bought a bottle of 'Multi-Vitamins' (thanks mommy lol) and a bottle of Omega-3 Tripple strength Fish Oil, and began to work out. After working out for a week, and meditating WITH OUT the supplements, I felt a little more better and focused.

BUT WHEN I BOUGHT THE OMEGA 3, AND THE GNC MEGA MAN MULTI-VITAMINS???....... IT WAS A WRAP!!!!!!!! I feel super focused and have nothing but energy, and I'm going to sleep at a reasonable time now. I've been on them for about two weeks, and I feel so normal, and my thoughts do not run wild like once before. When I start something, I finish it with out distractions. I feel like I did when I was on Adderall, but with out the jitteryness and side effects. I swear, I feel cured.

If you have ADHD please try this natural and safe way out, especially if you have kids. No more sugar, or soda for them. Strictly healthy food. Try it, and I guarantee you that you will noticed a difference...... My wife did.
edit on 4-4-2011 by king Pop!p because: spelling

edit on 4-4-2011 by king Pop!p because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by king Pop!p because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I tried to read the post but I got distracted.

Where is my wallet?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The cure is vety simple

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
yet big pharma hides it from us and tell us that's better to use sh***y drugs than to use the alternatives

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
yet big pharma hides it from us and tell us that's better to use sh***y drugs than to use the alternatives

Did you read the OP, nobody is hiding anything that he is taking that he thinks is a "cure" for ADHD.

ETA: Actually, a lot of doctors recommend fatty acids and multi-vitamins.

In the OP's case I would bet the Placebo effect is the strongest thing curing his problems at the moment.
edit on 4-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
hay... all my children grew up strong and healthy eating their vegies..yup brussell sprouts, brocolli, cabbage ect...no sodas ugh no! home made food every night... a healthy no nonsense diet..that I grew up on...it doesnt take a degree in nutrition to figure out not to eat junk.......how does society function on sodas and fast food?...I can tell you...with stress anger and no energy.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thanks OP. I am going to try this this week. So tired of having no focus or ability to finish tasks.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

what I mean that it's not very well known. If it was then Big Pharma will p*ss their pants

Here is what bg Pharma was offering

Ritalin

www.keepkidshealthy.com...
edit on 4-4-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thanks for your testimony...i believe it 100%

The green in veggies are the answer of a lot of things.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Children should be heavily medicated not seen or heard...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yeah its all in the processed food, i eat a pretty healthy mostly organic diet, and i know on the days where I've eaten candy or had some sort of super processed food or soft drink i wake up the next day feeling like i am hungover. I wake up feeling dehydrated and actually i feel worse than when i am hungover. You feel so lethargic and dry mouth and just your body feels clogged up its like the preservatives have just sucked all the moisture out of your body, and I feel like i don't want to do anything and almost have no motivation to do anything.

Two days later after i drink about half a gallon of green tea and as many vegies and fruits as i can get my hands on i am happy as can be again.

Its no wonder people who live off of this stuff feel the way they do, the chemicals and who knows what thats in them fill your body with so much bad stuff. I fell like death after just consuming a little bit which is probably because my body isn't use to it but imagine if you consumed it on a daily basis and a couple of times a day after a while your body must get use to it. Its actually surprising people live so long eating this stuff, although maybe from consuming so many preservatives it actually helps preserve your body

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The cure for ADHD is to spank the crap outta your kids when they do wrong so they dont grow up to be total buttholes and call it ADHD.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

What is not well known? You haven't established anything other than you have been popping multivitamins and fatty acids and you think it cured your ADHD. In how long exactly, a couple weeks?

Sorry to knock you but that isn't evidence of anything besides you having a couple good weeks, or placebo. What about people that are ADHD with good diets who already take vitamin supplements... Why do they still have it?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Thats all well and fine except many kids and adults are intolerant or allergic to fish.....mainly shellfish

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You can tell we are in trouble as a species when we can eat countless amounts of food pumped full of dangerous chemicals but are allergic to natural food sources, or maybe thats whats in the chemicals so eventually the chemicals will make us allergic to foods that have nutritional value and all we will be able to eat is processed food
damn that actually is a scary thought.

Actually reminds me a joke by some stand up comedian may of been Carlos Mencia anyways he used the example of kids being labeled ADHD and unable to concentrate, then went on to say yeah the kid has "ADHD" but you buy that kid a brand new video game and he can sit there for 8 hours straight concentrating on the game...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
www.bclocalnews.com...[/url]

No hocus posus, witch crackery here folks. Reaserch shows a part of the brain is smaller among those with ADHD, an area of the brain called the putamen (in the basal ganglia) showed significantly smaller volume than in the control group—suggesting anatomical dysregulation in the circuitry of the basal ganglia and also suggesting that stimulant medication normalized those features in those with the disorder.
Take your meds to ensure your brain does not get any smaller until science can find a more direct treatment....which now will be on the way!
brice

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoticf8

You can tell we are in trouble as a species when we can eat countless amounts of food pumped full of dangerous chemicals but are allergic to natural food sources, or maybe thats whats in the chemicals so eventually the chemicals will make us allergic to foods that have nutritional value and all we will be able to eat is processed food
damn that actually is a scary thought.

Actually reminds me a joke by some stand up comedian may of been Carlos Mencia anyways he used the example of kids being labeled ADHD and unable to concentrate, then went on to say yeah the kid has "ADHD" but you buy that kid a brand new video game and he can sit there for 8 hours straight concentrating on the game...
yeah that's because video games are packed with stimuli, though
edit on 4-4-2011 by ali g because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoticf8

Did he really say that? or was he parroting?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

You are right but let's also take in to consideration how many different blood groups there are and the origins of those blood groups....

there are 4 main blood groups with 30 different blood group systems so there are going to be some food intolerances and/or allegies no matter what

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yup.. this is correct.

Also true for bipolar disorder. Tried and true.

*Space Elf Seal of Approval*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join