It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

Originally posted by routerboy

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by routerboy

If the people in that store are raiding that box, they need to be reported. Has your friend done anything about it?

I work there, we take the money for tips? It's a tips box, but it looks like a charity box - and when we give the change out in cents instead of dollars it provokes the customers to put some of it in the charity/tips box. That's how we're told, to supplement our pay.

It is NOT a tip box. It is there for the Ronald McDonald's Houses near the Children's Hospitals throughout the US and Canada. You ought to be ashamed! You ought to return the money you took and if I can find out where you work I will report your store to McDonald's HQ.

Hold up, Hold up!! It's not my problem, i'm doing what my manger has told me - and as far as I know that's how all the McDonalds restaurants work in Chicago, Illinois - we've been told that it's a bonus that the tip boxes "look like" the charity boxes as we get more tips that way. All the money gets divided out at the end of shift equally to everyone who worked shifts that day in their pay packet.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
that does seem to be a lot of jobs...

It surely beats being unemployed though. Unless you're amongst that growing number of people who like being on the dole, and not earning ones way.

Fifty thousand? In how many restaurants?

I know there's a lot of turnover at such places, but that seems a bit high. It would be cool though... Serious dent in the unemployment numbers. Just in time for reelection anouncements, too.

Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Thanks for your attacks as i was questioning how they plan on putting 50,000 on the payroll

Sounds like you know more than I, so please inlcude me in on how they plan on doing this, almighty one

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I use to have a friend, awhile back that worked at Mcdonald's.. He told me something similar about the charity-tip box's..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If the people in that store are raiding that box, they need to be reported. Has your friend done anything about it?

I work there, we take the money for tips? It's a tips box, but it looks like a charity box - and when we give the change out in cents instead of dollars it provokes the customers to put some of it in the charity/tips box. That's how we're told, to supplement our pay.
Supplement your pay? why can't they just pay you a proper amount of money? And they encourage deception? I always thought their business actions and conditions were questionable but this is something else. They think nothing of their staff or it seems, their customers in the pursuit of profit.
Not only are they destroying many peoples physical health but they would appear to be subverting ethics of what is "right or wrong" in their staff.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

I use to have a friend, awhile back that worked at Mcdonald's.. He told me something similar about the charity-tip box's..

Yeah, the boxes at the front are for the staff tips, it's not our fault people assume it's a charity box. There is no print on the box, it's just see-thru with a mcdonalds logo on it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo

Supplement your pay? why can't they just pay you a proper amount of money? And they encourage deception? I always thought their business actions and conditions were questionable but this is something else. They think nothing of their staff or it seems, their customers in the pursuit of profit.
Not only are they destroying many peoples physical health but they would appear to be subverting ethics of what is "right or wrong" in their staff.

Well I guess that's why they pay minimum wage mostly - because we get tips. Most other staff in restaurants get tips so I don't see the problem in me receiving tips in McDonalds.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
I had a friend who worked for McDonalds for awhile over a summer. She was normally so happy, but working there made even her get depressed.

Not trying to scare anybody away from a job or anything, just a friendly warning. Working for McDonalds is usually pretty terrible, but it's better than having no income. Then again, I'm sure that could be said for most fast food places.

You cannot take one experience to generalize an outcome. I was a shift manager at a McDonald's for about a year.
I thought the job was lots of fun. We had a good team that got along and we even had staff outings (movies, city wide scavenger hunts, picnics, etc...) Very few at our store disliked the experience. The only reason I left was I was moonlighting and as I was military was posted to a more remote, McDonald's-less area.

Conversely, My best friend was a full time manager at the Burger King across the street. He haaated his job.

edit on 4-4-2011 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that's how it will be for anybody who works there. Just offering a friend's experience on the subject. She's the toughest girl I've ever known and she just couldn't take it.

It sounds like your McDonald's was run much better than the ones around here.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
great, they pay you in beans, work you like a dog underneath management that is literally retarded. How can someone support a family on Mcdonalds wages?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It is NOT a tip box. It is there for the Ronald McDonald's Houses near the Children's Hospitals throughout the US and Canada. You ought to be ashamed! You ought to return the money you took and if I can find out where you work I will report your store to McDonald's HQ.

Hold up, Hold up!! It's not my problem, i'm doing what my manger has told me - and as far as I know that's how all the McDonalds restaurants work in Chicago, Illinois - we've been told that it's a bonus that the tip boxes "look like" the charity boxes as we get more tips that way. All the money gets divided out at the end of shift equally to everyone who worked shifts that day in their pay packet.

It is your problem now that you are aware. You may no longer claim ignorance. If you partake in that practice from here on in, you are a thief.

RMHC Donation Boxes at McDonald’s LINK

Little by little, we can do a lot.

A dime here. A quarter there. It might not seem like much. But when millions give, the amount those coins help children and families worldwide is truly amazing.

The RMHC Donation Boxes are one of our biggest ongoing fundraisers. It’s from people like you filling the Donation Boxes with nickels, dimes and quarters. Last year alone, nearly $20 million was collected.
Just how powerful is the small change dropped into the Donation Box?

1. If every McDonald’s customer donated a penny in the Donation Box, it could raise over $116 million to support children in need and their families worldwide.
2. A full Donation Box could let a family stay together at a Ronald McDonald House for up to 2 nights while their child receives care at a nearby hospital.
3. A full Donation Box could provide a child with a dental screening in a Ronald McDonald Care Mobile.
4. Change in the Donation Boxes can give families a place to rest in a Ronald McDonald Family Room, just steps from their child’s hospital bed.

Show your support when you see a Donation Box at a McDonald’s, and drop in your spare change. Spread the word and suggest to your friends and family that they do the same.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Well maybe we're talking about different boxes here? We have a tips box that is supposed to look like the charity box - so we're not stealing at all. It's just a tips box that looks like that ronald mcdonald thing. (That I have never been told about.)

(But yes, they do look like that, they used to be clear plastic but the newer tip boxes have that metal chrome framing like that one in the link you provided.)
edit on 4-4-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Home depot is doing a big hiring event this summer too.

50,000 workers may seem like a lot but there's almost 14 million unemployed workers.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
According to Wiki there are just under 15,000 McD locations in the USA and Canada . 13,000 in the USA . Works out to about 3 hires per location and given the high turnover in the fast food industry , 50,000 may seem like a lot but an average of 3 per location isn't . Still , it's great news for younger folks and part timers to suppliment an income or generate an income after school , weekends and vacations . Some here didn't like working there , or don't , too bad , quit because a lot of students and others may just appreciate that job . My niece , 18 years old has worked there since she was 15 while many of her friends won't work there . Hot lookin' babe even though she's my niece dressed in her leather jackets , fancy azz jeans and boots with money in her pockets , wallet and purse while her friends , who believe that McD's is below them still get an allowange from mommy and daddy . Going to college this fall with a few grand of spending money in the bank , all from McD's and all because she has a great attitude and doesn't mind working . No , you won't be getting Obamacare or pensions or 20 bucks per hour , it's a fast food joint and unless you desire a management position , nobody stays all that long . It's isn't General Motors and if they paid a union wage with UAW benefits and freaking burger would be 90 bucks . It for people , mostly students who want to put some money in their pocket until something better comes along . It can be a second job to suppliment income and they won't have a problem finding 50,000 people .

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I agree minimum wage is a reason that there is a tip culture, but it is supposed to be for good service.
Admittedly you might expect to pay a tip at a mom n pops diner where they really do need to make every cent, but McDs are a huge multi-national profitable industry.
My estimation of them would go up if they became the first multi-national of their kind to say "we appreciate our staff and pay accordingly".
I've always thought they were really expensive to eat from, just from looking at the menu.
And while I'm at it it never looks like the picture, is that false advertising?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by palg1

Well maybe we're talking about different boxes here? We have a tips box that is supposed to look like the charity box - so we're not stealing at all. It's just a tips box that looks like that Ronald McDonald thing. (That I have never been told about.)

Deep down you know the truth. But keep lying to yourself if it make you feel better.
Chicago, Illinois eh, hope all that cash was worth it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

You ought to be ashamed! You ought to return the money you took and if I can find out where you work I will report your store to McDonald's HQ.

Do you have an official McPolice badge to use on this guy?

What's the difference if the employees are raiding the tip box or the corporation. McDonalds doesn't have a charity just so you know, they have a tax write-off.

Anyone dumb enough to put their change into corporate charity boxes may as well toss it into wishing wells. More useful.
edit on 4-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

I'll check what the story is next weekend. I'll check to make sure that we're not actually taking the charity money.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
McDonalds is the most favorite job I have ever had!

It doesn't pay enough, and the hours are randomly bad, but the work is great fun, the people are fun, and I enjoyed it. That is even my standard answer for job interviews. When an interviewer asks me to name my favorite job ever, I always refer back to my McDonalds days, and I have never interviewed for a job that I didn't land!

Just don't eat the McNuggets out of the drawer. They fired one of my best friends for that, even though we were closed at the time, Mcnuggets drawer=offlimits!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I've seen the boxes he's described and I've seen the charity boxes.

If there is nothing on the box that claims the money is for a charity, they're doing nothing illegal. Extremely unethical, maybe, if unmarked, because I, and probably most other people, would assume they were the RMD house charity boxes.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Ronald McDonald House is a very good charity too, I always leave some change for them.

Whatever anyone wishes to say about McDonalds, just leave their charity out of it, I've seen them do a lot of good for children.

The sad aspect about this job market is we replaced all our good wage-earning factory jobs with low-paying service jobs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join