It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this really the link to ADHD?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminateme
reply to post by jaycen420

I don't believe it either, a good smack on the butt cured it in my youth. That was cheap and a much quicker fix than any medicine. Like me some kids just needed a couple of doses (lol) and in retrospect I don't think my parents beat me, it got me to pay attention and act like a human being much quicker than pills.
edit on 3-4-2011 by illuminateme because: grammer

with my brother, my father tried spanking plenty... didn't seem to help. We also tried pills, to no avail and with horrible side effects. He eventually realised that if he wants others to take his feelings into consideration before they act, then he must do the same. And that his life is his own responsibility he just had to come to it on his own terms.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamwatcher

I have to say to those who think an ADHD child just needs a kick in the butt should know by now thats not only child abuse but those who condone this kind of behaviour probably need to do a workshop for their aggressive tendancies.

Smacking these kids is only going to inflame the behaviour and make matters worse. There are so many different treatments out there, both medication and alternative treatment. Unfortunately, so many parents won't invest time and/or money, others probably can't afford it....thats not to say there IS help out there and you just have to keep digging and asking around.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It's an absolute certainty.

There' s a direct, educational connection between a kids butt and his behavior noodle.

The lack of physical discipline today is why our jails and prisons are so damned full. No one ever drew lines for them, they never suffered any downside to unacceptable behavior, and never learned to respect others.

No belt, paddle, or switch.

You get a proper butt-warming, and it gets your full attention.

Without deficit.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

There' s a direct, educational connection between a kids butt and his behavior noodle.

haha cant say i partially agree with you.

i must have been such a handful for my parents when i was growing up.
what am i saying im still growing up.
turning 31 in 2 days. #!.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashyr

Ashyr, you keep growing up.

Never get there - just keep on keeping on! Those who grow up have reached their final destination. Not anywhere I ever want to reach.

Besides, at 31, you're still a pup.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

thanks.

1 thing that has helped me heaps with my ADD is drumming. i started playing instruments around 15/16

and after finding drums so stimulating. and playing in bands. i noticed how the ADD effected me just doing the routine set beats for each song. i would stray and sometimes still do but i have a great understanding and control over it now thanks to drumming.

not what every parent wants to hear "get him a drum kit" . oh god. !
edit on 4/4/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Such absolute garbage.

As I stated in my main post, my parents believed as you did, I learned nothing from it.

I have never been in jail or prison. I learned proper respect from their EXAMPLE. How they lived and interacted with society is what I am guided by to this day.

The only thing I remember about the spankings is the pain and fear it induced, I remember nothing about why I was being spanked, nor was any lesson learned.

I believe much of the breakdown in today's youth is due to the poor examples that the parents set for their children. Parents that do not spend time with their children, or were raised by poor parents themselves and are setting the example that causes the problems we see today.

Just because something was used in the past does not mean that it was effective. It used to be OK back in the "good old days" to beat your wife, does that mean that we should repeal all the domestic abuse laws today?

Perhaps parents were just better examples to their children in the past, I hardly believe hitting or spanking had anything to do with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I disagree....the reason why so many kids and adults get in to trouble these days is the breakdown of the family unit leaving the mother having to cope single handedly, and as the only sole earner, having to work longer hours to put a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Thats not to say some bad apples DO come from a whole spectrum of soci-economic backgrounds. Some kids just end up in the wrong crowds.

Although many kids are from broken homes wind up in the prison system.....there are just as many of these kids from broken homes that do become highly successful.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have no doubt about it that certain food additives cause symptoms similar to that what we call AHDS or whatever it was (I can never remember in which order them letters must be. Do you think I suffer of something?) But I also consider it as a fact, that in some children or adults for that matter, sugar, or too much of it, can cause similar symptoms, depending on the individual metabolism. And I also consider it as a fact that signs of what we call AHDS can simply be part of a childs natural healthy condition. And I also consider it as a fact that Psychiatrists and the Drug Industry make a lot of money out of the whole confusing mess... So, yes, i do believe cood colors or food dyes can cause symptoms of what people or the industry and psychiatrists call AHDS.

I have seen how dramatic a change in diet can alter the mood and the behavior of Children and Adults for the better.
edit on 4-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Isnt ADHD where they kid has a hard time concentrating on one certain thing they act all hyper run around and basically never listen to you...If it is I would say that all = bad parenting...if your kid knows your the boss he/she will do what you say always, if you let your kid run around do what they want and never enforce any kind of rules etc or whip their azz when they do something bad of course they will never listen.

Alot of people seem to think the cause of Autism is from vaccines...I might believe in that as well
edit on 4-4-2011 by Evanzsayz because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think ADHD is probably a legitimate disorder, but I bet less than one percent of those diagnosed actually have it. No doubt it's been exploited and exaggerated to serve as another profit-bearing mechanism of control and obedience. And how about TV and internet? Surely they have so much to do with creating the 'symptoms' doctors take into consideration when diagnosing children with ADHD.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
Isnt ADHD where they kid has a hard time concentrating on one certain thing they act all hyper run around and basically never listen to you...If it is I would say that all = bad parenting...if your kid knows your the boss he/she will do what you say always, if you let your kid run around do what they want and never enforce any kind of rules etc or whip their azz when they do something bad of course they will never listen.

Alot of people seem to think the cause of ADHD is from vaccines...I might believe in that as well

No, its not that easy. You will hurt or even break your kid if you wish to treat it like that and its behavior is actually due to some poisoning by food additives or other sources. I had this thing with sugar when I was a kid. If my breakfast contained sugar, I went totally out of my head about an hour after eating it. I got wild, agressive, I went into a total madness and could not help myself. Because nobody knew what the reason was, and they all thought, "a good spanking" would heal it, or "we have to change the way we bring him up", I did not only suffer the consequences of my sugar intake, but also got tortured for its consequences.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CarlitosAmsel

Then its the government poisioning our food..there the creaters of this disease
edit on 4-4-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well, it certainly is partly the industry and partly the individual condition of our metabolism. But in any case: One should'nt eat food laced with chemicals. I had a strawberry icecream the other day and it did taste of strawberry, but it was white as milk. Researching the subject I found that the stuff that makes it taste like strawberry is made out of SAWDUST. There you have it. Industrial food = Poison. So is to much of refined sugar, concentrated corn sirup and what not. You Guys know all that. What you obviously dont know is, that such substances often alter mood and behavior. So if you wish to spank your child because it is under the spell of some poison substance and cant behave any different then it does, although it would like to, if only to please Mommy and Daddy, then do so, but remember, you might only give your child a additional torture to the one, thet the substance is already given it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
i personally think there is a real problem with some of these children.

I have a friend who has a 8 year old boy who suffers from "ADHD" and he would hit people intermittantly ( he tried to hit me once), hits the walls, being abnoxious to guests to the house

i think it is more of a enviromental thing where there family life, mummy and daddy not getting on, lack of feeling secure, and not getting any privacy, basically a f**ked up family can effect a kid more than people realise.

Add to that the additves, artifical dies, tv , movies, and school, its no wonder there having issues.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Humans can stay sane in a concentration camp environment, as long as you keep them healthy. But if you put them in a stressfull environment and reduce their health by manipulating their food to a degree where they are so weakend that they just cant handle their surrounding anymore, it will affect their behavior, they'll go insane. That is what is happening to our children. Tell your friend with the child that attacks other people to change its diet. First of all take away all refined sugars and all wheat products made out of white refined flower. Common Guys. I shoul'nt have to tell you this. You ought to know all about it. What I am telling you is as good as common knowledge. (maybe not in America?)

There is nothing "wrong with the children". The children, basically, are okay. There is something wrong with what we do to them! As long as you believe, there "is something wrong" with your children, you will tend to fiddle and mess with the children and hurt them even more, although the problem is not in them in the first place.I believe the best thing to do would be, you inform yourself regarding the connection between diet and behavior. By the way, the reason for the many edits is my messy spelling.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

me honestly i dont believe in ADHD, when i was a kid their was no such thing as ADHD. We were just hyper active kids playing. Just another way to calm the people with more medication i think

Back when our grandparents where kids, there was no such thing as HIV/AIDs. Yet no one is stupid enough to claim that that isn't real.

We have better ways of diagnosing people nowadays anyway, so that could explain the "increase" in cases.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The activity of our pharmaceutical industry also increases the diagnostic of new deseases" which it creates by pathologizing natural behavior and calling it a "newly discovered desease".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
ADHD is not a real disease its just hyperactivity and the "Attention Disorder" does not exist, i mean, if you don't care about something at all, should you be attentive and learn it?

I was sent 8 years ago at the schools psychologist where he said i had ADHD and told me to go to a psychiatrist which prescribed me some drugs which i didn't know what they were until i grew and found out what methamphetamins mean .. So .. curing hyperactivity with hyperactive drugs ... right ...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
So im sure all of you have herd over the last couple days that certain food dyes may be th cause of ADHD. I was wondering what you all thought of that. yes here is some reading on the subject

www.wfaa.com...

And another:

www.medicinenet.com...

And one more:

www.medindia.net...

me honestly i dont believe in ADHD, when i was a kid their was no such thing as ADHD. We were just hyper active kids playing. Just another way to calm the people with more medication i think

I feel the same....they did in my day have a such thing as adhd, they say my son has it, they have me have him on all this meds. and if the schools find out your not giving the meds. they turn you in to cps for neglect! In my opinion...if we could displine our children like back in the good ol'days we wouldn't have this issue, if teachers were making things more interesting in the class room....you'd have more attention! Then when they do, do something wrong you the parent don't even find out about it unless its majorly bad until like a week or two later...what the heck are you to do about it by then?? They are over medicating our children.

Last week they wanted to switch his meds. to that intuitive (risk of low blood pressure), i thought well ok, then he can stop taking the two things they have him on now! NOPE! They want me to continue the 30mg. Vyvance, .05 resirital, PLUS this new one! I DON'T freaken think so! NUTTAH! YOU GOT TO BE OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join