It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

To be blatant about this, Terry Jones had to make a spectacle out of the burning of the Quran by involving the media. He did this with intent that it would reach the afghan people. He definitely had the prior knowledge of what his actions would have entailed.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

and we support this douche bag?

he's screwed us more than just this time.

he is an opportunist, his brother is a drug dealer.

he would not be in power if it were not for the us. he will get hung by the balls when we pull the rug out from under him.

he better be careful.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Hmmm, lets say I buy an American flag, burn it in the name of freedom and broadcast it live on the internet,

What do you think will happen to me?

depends .... you probably will not be beheaded though.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

ya and your buddy karzai just happened to let it slip. lol!

did you know he burned the quran?

not many americans did, i bet.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
reply to post by fooks

To be blatant about this, Terry Jones had to make a spectacle out of the burning of the Quran by involving the media. He did this with intent that it would reach the afghan people. He definitely had the prior knowledge of what his actions would have entailed.

Yes, and when given an opportunity to prove Islam is a religion of peace ... the Afghans chose to ....?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wait lets just say I was a Muslim and decided that within my church I would bring down the local camera crew and start a bonfire where we buy as many bibles as possible and burn them all. Do you think this would be seen as free speech in America?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Wait lets just say I was a Muslim and decided that within my church I would bring down the local camera crew and start a bonfire where we buy as many bibles as possible and burn them all. Do you think this would be seen as free speech in America?

Yes.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Christ never taught hatred. Don't confuse these fools (and there are a lot of them) with real believers, thank you.

You're right, absolutely.
Thank you!
Vicky

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
karzai is the only one responsible for the deaths of the un workers.

besides the actual murderers.

he incited all the violence, not the pastor.

what terry did was not against the law.

karzai, otoh, knew what that would do to "his" people!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

yes.

try again.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

depends on what?

The scene is set, I burn the USA flag!

Should i be beheaded, i guess some will say yes.....

but that is not my point.

What is yours?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Yes, and when given an opportunity to prove Islam is a religion of peace ... the Afghans chose to ....?

Beg your pardon...Afghans? That few animals and their supporters constitutes the entire nation?

So if i was robbed at gunpoint can I claim Americans are a bunch of thieves?

It will get us nowhere when we generalize and worse to blame entire nation for the crime of the nutjobs few, whom must be subjected to the rule of law for justice to be served.

Words cannot kill, but actions do, and in this case, those guilty had stupidly murdered innocents and no religion supports murder of innocents, not in our modern times..

edit on 3-4-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Yes.

2nd line.

Originally posted by fooks
yes.

try again.

Are you joking? What planet do you live on? Haven't you thought of the uprising it would cause with the neo nazi community as well christian extremist who would see this notion as a threat to their own religion and way of life. You think that that muslim community can be the only people who can commit crime in the name of religion. Wow not thoroughly though out aye?
edit on 3-4-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Beg your pardon...Afghans? That few animals and their supporters constitutes the entire nation?

So if i was robbed at gunpoint can I claim Americans are a bunch of a theives?

It will get us nowhere when we generalize and worse to blame entire nation for the crime of the nutjobs few, whom must be subjected to the rule of law for justice to be served. Words cannot kill, but actions does, and in this case, those guilty had stupidly murdered innocents and no religion supports murder of innocents, not in our modern times..

you can if obama went on tv and radio to say rob you and anyone not american.

right?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

So if i was robbed at gunpoint can I claim Americans are a bunch of thieves?

It will get us nowhere when we generalize and worse to blame entire nation for the crime of the nutjobs few, whom must be subjected to the rule of law for justice to be served.

Words cannot kill, but actions do, and in this case, those guilty had stupidly murdered innocents and no religion supports murder of innocents, not in our modern times..

edit on 3-4-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

I spoke correctly. Yes ... the Afghans. Most of the killers were the police.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Yes.

2nd line.

You are perfectly free to say that. You should thank a veteran.

Are you joking? Haven't you thought of the uprising it would cause with the neo nazi community as well christian extremist who would see this notion as a threat to their own religion and way of life. You think that that muslim community can be the only people who can commit crime in the name of religion. Wow not thoroughly though out aye?

You are perfectly free to say that. You should thank a veteran.

edit on 3-4-2011 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by nahsik

dude, americans have been burning the flag since the 60's, that i remember myself.

IN AMERICA!

neo nazi's fly the nazi flag. now if you burn one of them,

they might get upset.

link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Something tells me - he didn't do no such thing - is there any evidence or is it propaganda - are they using this to stir things up?

link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by nahsik

dude, americans have been burning the flag since the 60's, that i remember myself.

IN AMERICA!

neo nazi's fly the nazi flag. now if you burn one of them,

they might get upset.

Just a little

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Something tells me - he didn't do no such thing - is there any evidence or is it propaganda - are they using this to stir things up?

He admitted to it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join