It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fmr. CIA Analyst Laughs at CNN Host - You're Just Carrying the Water for Mr. Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Fmr. CIA Analyst Laughs at CNN Host - You're Just Carrying the Water for Mr. Obama

Scheuer had doubts if the rebels that we are arming would really be any better than the Gadaffi regime: "I'm not sure that that the opposition, if it takes power, is going to be much better than was Gadaffi." Moreover, Scheuer argues that the US involvement in Libya would serve as a recruitment tool for extremists. "In the muslim world, this is Americans killing Muslims again, and it looks like its for oil." Scheuer also suggested the rationale behind US involvement in yet another war "at a time when we're nearly bankrupt." to which the CNN host, Christine Romans, expressed disagreement suggesting that Libya and US economy are two distinct issues. Scheuer protested "they are not separate issues, ma'am, you're just carrying the water for Mr. Obama."

Complete interview HERE

This is the kind of intelligent conversation that is always kept away from us by those who believe they are more correct than others and therefore will not let in other strong POV’s. I figure CNN and especially the sweaty handed interviewer, must have felt they dropped their ball there.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well put sir, not many interviews like this seem to make it to air. It's good to know that we're still allowed to dissent, like good Americans; as Thomas Jefferson would say "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism".

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't know if it was always this way, but when I accessed the video the OP provided, it appears to end in mid-interview, before the guest ever utters the words.

He was making good points though.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I don't know if it was always this way, but when I accessed the video the OP provided, it appears to end in mid-interview, before the guest ever utters the words.

He was making good points though.

It seems to be fixed. I was able to watch the complete interview. Could you try again?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

Unless someone independently recorded this, it will never reach the mainstream.

Once it does, though, CNN will be revealed to be the empty vessel Ted Turner always intended it to be.

s&f for a timely grab. It's time people started calling a spade a spade. This is nothing more than part of a re-election strategy; it has nothing to do with Obama's (incoherent/non-existent) "foreign policy."

deny ignorance
jw

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i just watched the video,but it seems to end mid way through the interview , so i never really saw the parts with the cia analyst laughing at the interviewer of the statement of carrying obama's water for him.

found it! here is the full video from youtube:

edit on 4/1/2011 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Lol at the risk of losing points, mods i am sorry if wrong but it fits.
Did he jus smackahoe?
She was truly butthurt it looked.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I agree. I wasn't expecting a former CIA officer to come on a news show and say all of this.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Pha3drus because: grammar

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
yup the obama and left cheerleaders didnt like him too much

i found that clip priceless they sure didnt like his opinions i guess they should have wrote it for him.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's jaw-dropping to see how the media has COMPLETELY flipped on the matter of further militray actions.. It was WRONG when Bush did it, and it's STILL WRONG that Obama is doing it.

We're trillions of dollars in debt.. What the HELL are we doing spending more money on Libya?! Lets focus on getting the hell out of Iraq and Afghanistan before we commit to any other rediculous and much un-needed wars.

I love how there is so much talk about handing this off to NATO but guess who gives to most in funds and militray soldiers to that organization?! WE DO!!! Ugh.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That was beautiful. I wish stuff like that would happen more often.

Also, how does spending half a billion in a week I think it was bombing have nothing to do with our jacked up economy?

Maybe I'm just stupid but I can't even imagine what half a billion could have done for us here in the US.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It was as if this guy verbally punched these two women in their stomachs.

They were stumbling over the comments like a blind man in a marble factory. They basically got completely and utterly handled, and after the interview must have wondered what the hell just happened.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This war in Libya belongs to France. They have been planning this for a long time. www.abovetopsecret.com... Obama is guilty of doing the bidding of bankers and military contractors. The bankers want Tripoli to fall and its central bank so that it can be transformed into a EU/USA friendly bank where they will be able to rob them blind with banking practices.The US has already sent a man from Washington State to run the economy for the rebels.www.washington.edu... The military contractors just want to make more money having prisoners build bombs that they get to sell.www.abovetopsecret.com... Tomahawk cruise missle $569,000.00 a piece. We dropped a couple hundred in a week. Do the math.www.abovetopsecret.com...France even gave away a contract with Brazil for fighter jets. The President was in Brazil trying to close the deal for fighter jets as France was dropping the first bombs on Lybia. todaysdefense.com...
edit on 1-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Whatever the real reason is behind what's happening in Lybia, one thing is for sure. It's not what they tell us it is. What they tell us it is about, is the excuse they give us. Not the reason. The excuse.

"What's the best excuse we can give to attack Lybia and get Gadaffi out of there?"
"What do you mean by best excuse?"
"The best thing we can tell them to gain their support."
"Could we tell a lie?"
"Sure. So long as it sounds like we are saying the truth."

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
It was as if this guy verbally punched these two women in their stomachs.

They were stumbling over the comments like a blind man in a marble factory. They basically got completely and utterly handled, and after the interview must have wondered what the hell just happened.

Yes. It really caught them by surprise. The host named Christine Roman was particularly apologetic of Obama.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That steady gleeful smirk as the news reporter fumbles over her words at the end is priceless
edit on 1-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ha ha ha yeah she did not like that last smack down he gave her. Always enjoy listening to Scheuer he tells it like it is. He won't be on CNN for a long time after that LOL.
edit on 1-4-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
His response was spot on. 2 on one and they still missed the mark. The talking head's are on the attack. Dodge the truth, hand's waving about. It is just shameful to watch.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
fantastic, that guy was good and she didn't like it at all hahahaha

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
HA! Clearly that Gentleman has the citizens of the U.S. interests/view points correct, it's to bad thats probably the last mainstream interview he'll do...............................

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join