It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Times and anyone that appears on it are not your friends!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
reply to post by Analyze76

Then that is their ignorance to live with that they are responsible for. As I stated, to rely on any one single source with all the resources available to us these days, then you relegate yourself to willful idiocy. If they can't or won't put in the minute effort required to effectively inform themselves, then they will reap what they sow.

That was intention of this thread was to give an alternative perspective. I found this site through my cousins high school son. His whole school has an account here.

I will be too old to fight when they are of age and I don't want them to give it away.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Where do you get off claiming that PBS is a "liberal" station?

Seriously, tell us about what Uncle Rush or Auntie Glenn told you.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76

Originally posted by dethduck

Then that is their ignorance to live with that they are responsible for. As I stated, to rely on any one single source with all the resources available to us these days, then you relegate yourself to willful idiocy. If they can't or won't put in the minute effort required to effectively inform themselves, then they will reap what they sow.

That was intention of this thread was to give an alternative perspective. I found this site through my cousins high school son. His whole school has an account here.

I will be too old to fight when they are of age and I don't want them to give it away.
Ah, well hopefully they read this thread and realize the avenues open to them and that it would serve them better to expand their realm of information input before coming to any conclusion on a topic.

Unfortunately, its really up to them to decide whether or not to expand their horizons. It's not easy, especially with teenagers, to convince them that anything is better for them than what they've already convinced themselves of.
edit on 4/1/2011 by dethduck because: Addendum

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

I posted before that when I was in AIT the Drill Instructor showed us a translated video
from the USSR and we all fell out of our chair as to what that clown was saying.

So your drill instructor in the armed forces showed you that the russians were broadcasting propaganda....

Irony...too......thick.....cant......breathe........

Thats correct. We were learning our enemies mindset. During the same classes we were learning equipment silhouettes including watching their military training tapes

This was a straightforward thread until you came in. Do you stand in the corner and pee your pants for attention at home?

Actually, YOU took it off topic by talking about your boot camp. Everyone else was talking about Russia Today, not some crappy translation of Russian news that they show to GIs to give them a hoot. Furthermore, isnt there some oath you took about protecting freedom of speech? Or does that only apply to speech you like? Suck it up.

Lastly, dont you find it a TEENY bit ironic that someone who is paid to indoctrinate people for a living (your drill instructor) was teaching you that the enemy indoctrinates people? Just asking.....

edit on 1-4-2011 by aching_knuckles because: spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by ANNED

Where do you get off claiming that PBS is a "liberal" station?

Seriously, tell us about what Uncle Rush or Auntie Glenn told you.

Dont you know? FOX is the only true station that tells it like it is, everything else is just a liberal mouthpiece. CNN, NBC, CBS, MSN, ABC, CSPAN, PBS, TNN, ESPN, they are all just havens meant for gay liberal interracial couples to control your mind.

edit on 1-4-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

After seeing your post...your right. HAhahaha Check this out

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

Be careful in what you believe people. Spread the word. Know your enemy.
edit on 1-4-2011 by r129s215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Need to change your title. It's pretty sad when everyone starts bagging on Russia TImes, like they know it so well, when it's really Russia Today.

And, like any news source, there's some good reporting and some bad out of RT, just like any other source. I do think it covers different stories than american stations, and so makes for an alternative info site, which is always good.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I agree with this thesis....that they (Soros and the "useful idiots") are bringing down the dollar by design. Soros made 1 Billion $ in one day when he took down the British Pound Sterling. He is a currency manipulator turned globalist. So I think that his intentions to destroy the dollar are twofold: 1) the obvious profit motive, 2) the dollar as a world currency specifically and the US in general as a roadblock to their goal of a one world government (and concomitantly a one world currency and global banking institution). Who are some of the regular RT guests besides Max Keiser and Alex Jones??

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I agree with this thesis....that they (Soros and the "useful idiots") are bringing down the dollar by design. Soros made 1 Billion $ in one day when he took down the British Pound Sterling. He is a currency manipulator turned globalist. So I think that his intentions to destroy the dollar are twofold: 1) the obvious profit motive, 2) the dollar as a world currency specifically and the US in general as a roadblock to their goal of a one world government (and concomitantly a one world currency and global banking institution). Who are some of the regular RT guests besides Max Keiser and Alex Jones??

Gerald Celente, Webster tarpley and if you want to see the real story on Alex Jones you need to read thiswww.alexjonesmachine.com...

This man has a crack keyword team that almost blocks any investigation of him.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I am just trying to give you a different perspective.

Sometimes we are misguided but the overall picture is for good and we have to police our own! NOT RUSSIA TIMES>
edit on 1-4-2011 by Analyze76 because: edit2

The different perspective comes from looking at all sources, even people you feel are your enemies. Start off by knowing that everyone is trying to sell you something because of their wants not because of good or evil. If you start off by believing that the US is good no matter what, you will never have the proper understanding to begin correcting mistakes or policing our own.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina

I am just trying to give you a different perspective.

Sometimes we are misguided but the overall picture is for good and we have to police our own! NOT RUSSIA TIMES>
edit on 1-4-2011 by Analyze76 because: edit2

The different perspective comes from looking at all sources, even people you feel are your enemies. Start off by knowing that everyone is trying to sell you something because of their wants not because of good or evil. If you start off by believing that the US is good no matter what, you will never have the proper understanding to begin correcting mistakes or policing our own.

The United States Constitution and The Bill of Rights together is what we look to to police our own. Not Russia Today or Fox or Cnn

I heard a radio interview that the average person spends 9 years of their lifetime watching tv. Compared to how long in study of United States Law?
edit on 1-4-2011 by Analyze76 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Dollar was dead when the first QE was introduced. Then came QE2 and in the end of june QE3 will come and people will lose faith in the dollar. I sure don't want to hold US dollars at this moment. It's not the RT to blame but your government and your "hellicopter Ben".

The only thing thats keeping dollar above water is the status of the reserve currency which wont last long. You know what happened in Zimbabwe, right? The day the people will lose their faith in US dollar, the US will experience something similiar to that.

edit on 2-4-2011 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes, and FOX ,CNN, NBC, CBS, MSN, ABC, CSPAN, PBS, TNN, ESPN are your friends? give me a break

15 flags ..15 americans still living in cold war times ..afraid of Russia

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Alex Jones is a disinfo agent who works for the 'system' elite and spreads fear mongering to keep everyone living in fear and easily controllable sheeple. He's the same as Michio Keiko, the system scientist who instills fear into the collective.
edit on 2-4-2011 by kiwitina948 because: Words added

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I have heard him attack callers who dared to bring up sensitive subjects like Wm Cooper and the Vatican and I have heard that his people monitor criticism on the website (reader comments) and will take off a post that they dont like.
He raised flags also when he lied about what was happening with Y2K....not sure of the motive except his charge may be to keep the sheeple in a state of fear so that they can be more easily led when the time comes. He also wont touch UFOs so that makes me a little suspicious that he will be a "believer" when Project Blue Beam goes down. He might have originally been a critic of the system (property rights in the Austin, Tx area) then the eugenicists at the Univ of Texas started working on him and finally the NWO probably made him an "offer that he couldnt refuse" (and being paid to protect his children from harm was too much to pass up). INFOWARS all right....but that also means Disinfo wars.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Federal Reserve Notes are Promissory Notes.

If need be the Federal Reserve has 11 Aircraft Carrier Battle Groups to get Gold to back up it's Promissory Notes.

It's 100% impossible for the US Dollar to Collapse.

If Obama wanted to he could print out $100 Trillion in Federal Reserve Promissory Notes and get this country going again. Nobody in the world could prevent him from doing so. Why he isn't doing it is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I heard a radio interview that the average person spends 9 years of their lifetime watching tv. Compared to how long in study of United States Law?

I guess this means it is a lot more entertaining to watch fiction than to read it.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
FYI: For all, unless it has already been posted.....

It is interesting that Hillary had made mention that the US propaganda budget needed to be increased to combat real news being addressed and reported by the RT! She stated that the MSM did not report real news or issues and that most people (world wide) sought real news as being reported by RT News.

I wonder who would post that RT was "not your friend". Perhaps a gov. plant wanting to spread propaganda?

I don't know. However.... I am interested in REAL NEWS!!!! Not the Sh*T we see on MSM in the US.

Just my thoughts. Of course I could be wrong.... but I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The United States Constitution and The Bill of Rights together is what we look to to police our own. Not Russia Today or Fox or Cnn

edit on 1-4-2011 by Analyze76 because: spelling

The Constitution and Bill of Rights have been dead for a long time. It is used to placate you so you will believe you have rights. The real law of the land is Might makes Right. It is the same in every country. Those in power make the rules to get what they want and to maintain power. If the rules don't agree with them they will change or reinterpret them. No one or government can give you freedom. You have to give it to yourself in your own mind.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
Russian Times is one of my favorite news sources. There is a lot less propaganda and more unbiased news than American sources. I also like Al Jazeera.

Actually I would have to disagree, let me explain.

I can't stand the MSM. It is my belief that FOX caters to the conservatives, while MSNBC caters to the Liberals. CNN is no different, they just take more of a middle of the road stance. Now for years every poll has shown that the population is losing confidence in not only our media, but our Government as well. Think back to the Bush Jr. years and ask yourself, how many times did you hear the term "approval ratings at an all time low"? It was used to describe Congress, the Senate, the legal system, and of course Bush himself. We are hearing that same phrase now again.

It is my belief that RT is indeed propaganda. It caters to the "conspiracy theorist". It caters to the people who are disgruntled with their Government. Just because you like what you hear, and you believe what you hear, does not mean it is not propaganda. As an example, there are people in this world who like FOX News. They trust FOX News as a legitimate source for information. That is a fact that I do not think anyone here will deny, we may consider them "sheep", but they believe FOX News is not propaganda. I believe most of us here at ATS do in fact know better, and we do consider FOX News to be propaganda that caters to the more conservative view point. So the question you have to ask yourself is, is it still propaganda if you agree with it?

With the internet what it is today, the MSM can not continue to ignore the news we see here at ATS on a daily basis. This is where RT comes in to play. They are here to cater to people just like us. As long as we see these topics being discussed, you are left with an impression that somebody, somewhere, is doing something about it. Meanwhile, the machine keeps rolling along it's path.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join