It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Says Spring is " Fireball Season"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

NASA Saya SPRING IS " FIREBALL SEASON"

science.nasa.gov

Acording to the word from Never A straight Answer NASA...the spring is the time to be seeing beatiful fireballs in the night skies....read on.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-3-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/7/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I really wonder if anyone has ever heard this line before?
It seems to me we should have some record of this being bandied about from year to year no?
The reason this gets my goat is of course the great fireball contoversy that has been ongoing since at least the late forties.....
It seems that along with UFOs we picked up a fireball swarm that kept the world showered in fireballs for years.
The New Mexico desert has had much more than it fair share too.
One incident back in albaquerqi NM in 46 or so was the apearance of a red one that descended to near the ground, and exploded in bright scarlet streamers...
This event in itself was maybe not so unusual but when it occured in the exact same fashion the the exact same time the next night, it had heads shaking....But the corker was the third night when the exact same thing occured in the same fashion same time and same flight path......
Three consecutive days at the eact same time this happened!
Now i wonder if the fireballs are some phenonena we are being kept from finding out about?
From my perspective it would seem that these firey ET visitors
Are comming in increasing numbers anyway for some time now.
Perhaps because i have been sort of trying to pay attention to them.....it seems that theres more .
But in my mind i think no, it is an increasingly occuring event.
Not to ramble you get my drift i hope...what say you?
Ever heard of these fireballs before in these terms?

science.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You did read that it is actually Meteors they are referring to?

A fireball is a meteor brighter than the planet Venus. Earth is bombarded by them as our planet plows through the jetsam and flotsam of space--i.e., fragments of broken asteroids and decaying comets that litter the inner solar system.

In spring, fireballs are more abundant. Their nightly rate mysteriously climbs 10% to 30%.

"We've known about this phenomenon for more than 30 years," says Cooke. "It's not only fireballs that are affected. Meteorite falls--space rocks that actually hit the ground--are more common in spring as well"

Other than that, ionno...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

YUP ITS DEBRIS season

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
We usually have annual meteorite showers, not unusual. Some are more intense than others. There seems to be a 400% increase in meteorite activity since 2005 though.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Avg. 10 on a normal night. Durring spring it increases 10-30%... So isn't that only 11-13 a night? It just looks like a normal article about meteor stats. I don't think this is a pre-emptive cover up for something that their psychics have predicted.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Spring is fireball season...oh yeah, we hear that every spring...not.

Sigh...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
In my 39 years I do not ever recall hearing about 'fireball season' but then I'm blonde so maybe it just went over my head.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Time to crank up some Jerry Lee Lewis this spring...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.google.ca... s&btnG=Google+Search#q=history+of+meteor+showers&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=81i&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial&channel=s&biw=1920&bih=1007&prmd=ivns&tb s=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=SNWUTbqPCILQgAe936DMCA&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CGMQ5wIwCg&fp=15fcf1b2366b0ea5

www.google.ca... s&btnG=Google+Search#q=history+of+meteor+showers&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=81i&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial&channel=s&biw=1920&bih=1007&prmd=ivns&tb s=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=SNWUTbqPCILQgAe936DMCA&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CGMQ5wIwCg&fp=15fcf1b2366b0ea5

[Mod Note: Links are not going to work this way. They look right in the Preview screen, but not in the thread. This is the Google, redirect link. Please click on each link, and get the real url address. Then post that link in the thread.]

just typed that into goole, history of meteor showers, actually appears to be an increase starting in 2000, but that could be reporting related.
edit on 31-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A week ago me and my old man were comming back from our ranch in Matador, TX we were driving in the back roads "farm road 94" to go home, it was arond 7:00 P.M. CST when we saw this huge fireball I MEAN HUGE!
This sob looked like it was going to come down and crash on use. I reckon the fireball was probably the size of a house, rocks this size would burn up in our atmosphere no? Cause it was going so fast yet slow at the same time. It was beautiful to see this thing but scary as hell.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Here's the space events.
For 2011.

Astonomy Calendar 2011

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

The only time I ever saw a fireball was in the fall...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its awesome to barbecue out on the grill, make a fire in the fire pit have family and friends over stay up late and look up into the night sky. You would be amazed at what you will see up there over time not only fireballs but satellites and other things. If you really want to see what your looking up at you can download this free: stellarium.org... to help but I have to say if you go out and look up very much it will change the way you think about everything or maybe just reassure you of what you already know.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I love when NASA puts out news like this!! Maybe they are trying to tell us that old satellites will be crashing down in our neigborhoods.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

naw...I am 44 years old and I have never heard of "fireball season" either.....and I am a fake blonde...so no worries there, (wink)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by tomten

The only time I ever saw a fireball was in the fall...

and I saw a HUGE green one in Southern Utah in AUGUST

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am definately NOT out of whck here, i think thisd fireball announcement is to cover up for the drastic increase in these bolides(fireballs)
The atomic tests in N mexico brought a steady increase in this activity in the late forties.
The phenomena has persisted to this day, and it apears its been on the increase steadliy over time.
Two possibilities here....(among others) that intrugue me.
The Oort cloud is under the influence of some new phenomina and is sending more bolides our way.
The ETs are sending these things for their own reasons.(i believe it has to do with the atmosphere and its oxygen content.)
The ETs have been under suspicion since 1946 as the cause of these fireballs.
If one reads Ruppelt or Keyhoe s old books from the early 50s you get a sense of the ongoing mystery that these fireballs have posed for the last 50 yrs.
The fact that these incidents are still to this day increasing in volume should be a red flag to science that there is some unkn own force that is dislodging these things from orbit and sending them to earth.
Whether part of some ET program, or naturally disturbed space rocks that have been nudged out of their pathways and sent here....The fireballs indicate that something out of the ordinary is happening in the oort cloud.
I can only think Brown dwarf or Nibiru, but it may be something else entirely.....
The increase in these fireballs does NOT bode well for us....any fool could see that....In fact this phenom implies something sinister is happening that we are unaware of as yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
An "exceptionally large" "blue-green" fireball has been spotted by several people in southern Finland 6-4-2011. The impact site has not been found, and it is believed it fell in the ocean. A local mathematician & member of the atronomy club says such events are reported less than once a year.

link (in finnish)
edit on 7-4-2011 by dbove because: img

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There are definitely more meteor showers visible in the spring. I have worked nights for the last ten years and i ride my bike to and from work in the spring, summer, and fall. Some nights i will notice two or three HUGE ones come down, including the kind that blaze in and break apart.

I think many people don't notice these things because 1) they live in areas with too much light pollution, and 2) they don't spend enough regular time outside. If you ride your car back and forth to work, especially at night, you'll miss out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join