It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about an "Actions" Forum?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Here is what I think -
I leave my office for 45 mins, come back and get on ATS.
It says I am logged in. I click My ATS. The page reloads to the forums.
I try a few more times, and finally takes me to the logic page.
Firefox has my login already filled out. I click login.
Invalid password.
I try entering my password by hand.
Invalid password.

3 more tries and I check this topic as a guest to find that two other people have had the same issue. So I create this account.

As far as this "Forum Gang", we aren't disrupting anything. We were posting in a topic, on topic, about action being taken.

Considering the Staff is supposed to be the only people able to change our account settings, I think it is safe for us to assume that if it happened to three different people, that the staff would have something to do about it.

As I said, prove me wrong and I'll be the first to apologize, but as I see it... a little too coincidental for my tastes.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionwhite

Here is what I think -
I leave my office for 45 mins, come back and get on ATS.
It says I am logged in. I click My ATS. The page reloads to the forums.
I try a few more times, and finally takes me to the logic page.
Firefox has my login already filled out. I click login.
Invalid password.
I try entering my password by hand.
Invalid password.

3 more tries and I check this topic as a guest to find that two other people have had the same issue. So I create this account.

As far as this "Forum Gang", we aren't disrupting anything. We were posting in a topic, on topic, about action being taken.

Considering the Staff is supposed to be the only people able to change our account settings, I think it is safe for us to assume that if it happened to three different people, that the staff would have something to do about it.

As I said, prove me wrong and I'll be the first to apologize, but as I see it... a little too coincidental for my tastes.

Same EXACT thing here

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionwhite

reply to post by darkk1

Actually, I think I had to log back in after lunch today also.

Still, the topic is why can't we have an "actions" forum, and now the discussion has centered around supposedly being targeted by staff of the site for your opinions. I know this is a conspiracy site, but that is ridiculous. Any of the Mods could have closed the thread, or moved it to RATS, or moved it to Complaints. We could have removed the posts that we considered off-topic or rude. We could have trashed the whole thing. The idea that you were somehow targeted for making a suggestion, in the proper forum, and were participating in an ongoing discussion is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I am a lowly forum mod. I can't fix your passwords, or see your private messages.

Let's get back to the discussion of the forum for "actions," and let's stop tossing around accusations shall we. Technically, I am guilty now as well, because I suspect you all of coordinating this. If I was wrong, I am sorry. Suspicious, but sorry.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well if you want to look further into the situation, I would welcome that, instead of some accusations like you did. I am sure there has to be a way to check U2U histories.... The last post I was able to make under my first account was in the compass going crazy thread. I announced I was going on a hike there. I came back and the exact same thing happened to me. Maybe there is a way you can help us out. I never U2U either of these two, on this one only one I U2U was a mderator about this situation.... That is all I have to say about it really. I am done. I am taking the advice from the other mod and leaving it alone now, unless you want to look into it further, feel free to U2U me about it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My password worked yesterdayand this morning. Now all of a sudden it does not work. That is the only thing im saying about it.
As far as why there should not be an action forum? Maybe there should be one. Why not? If ATS can slap a logo on a web show like street view or conspiracy chicks why couldn't members do the same?

Lug

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkk1
As far as why there should not be an action forum? Maybe there should be one. Why not? If ATS can slap a logo on a web show like street view or conspiracy chicks why couldn't members do the same?

Yeah. That's what we need. 958 different radio and video shows all hosted by the servers ATS has because... hey, it isn't going to cost the members anything to host them all, right.

Expect much?

There's lots of room on the web, darkk/darkk1... try paying for your own site. Why load up these servers?

Also, if I stopped posting as Lug and made a new account as Lug1.0, I can then easily say I got my password blocked too, can't I? As long as I use a different email account and a whack IP, who's going to say it isn't so?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

using your explanation society would never get anything done. no action would be taken on any matter as it would exclude some members or suffer reprocusions. the op has a point, no disraspect but i find that attitude stifling to ats..

kx

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lug

Can you think of any advantages to doing so though? I sure can't.. I lose my points, applause etc. I now have this annoying "before you reply" reminder everytime I hit reply.... If someone that doesn't know I been here a while look over at my avatar, they think oh this is a newbie.. Lots of downside, I can't think of any upside though.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
do that and the government has all the info it needs nicely organized into one place. what kind of rebels are we?? lol

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL2

Have you attempted to use the password recovery feature located on the upper corner of the Log In page? That should take care of any issues you may be having with your password.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Yes ma'am. I tried like ten times. I thought I must be banned, but came to check and see I am still listed as a member, and my star is still able to be pushed.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Maxmars

using your explanation society would never get anything done. no action would be taken on any matter as it would exclude some members or suffer reprocusions. the op has a point, no disraspect but i find that attitude stifling to ats..

kx

I'm sure many agree that the proscription against activism can be stifling - if your aim is activism. It is not the intention of the environment our hosts wish to engender, at least as I understand it. The question your position raises is "What is ATS?" I find that question hard to answer outside the context of a platform of forums for people to engage in civil discourse about matters not forthcoming elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with discussing what needs to be done, or what has or hasn't been done that should or shouldn't have been. If you demand a platform for launching initiatives ... this isn't that place. It's not personal or focused on any particular ideals.

Sadly, I have heard these complaints before.... and when we stop some people from engaging in activism about which you disagree, you'll probably not complain. And it will be their turn to decry the evils of restraint.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There have been no actions taken against any of your accounts.

If ATS was looking to "secretly ban" people, why would we leave the thread up where you accuse us of that?

All I've seen is the three of you repeating each others points pretty much verbatim and then suddenly claiming to have difficulties logging in.

Interesting.

If you'd like your passwords reset, you can email me at [email protected] from the email address you registered from and I will gladly change the password for you.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Ok sweet, I will be doing that in like 30 seconds then. Maybe it is some kind of site error messing it up.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yay it worked this time! Thanks so much for the help. I hope the other users see this and do the same.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Looks like you're back in business... I don't think you need the second account anymore.

The other two members who state that they are having the same problem are welcome to do the same thing you did.

As a general rule, using the Contact email address (which goes directly to the site admins) is a better bet when dealing with a problem than posting in a public thread is. There's 10k posts a day... we don't see anywhere near all of them.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i forgot what email address i used to sign up so looks like i will remain darkk1

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
fix'd
Just currious then, how in the hell did this happen?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

We are taking action just by posting our views. From ideas and insight shared, things are affected. Words and ideas are the foundation of real power, The future begins with a thought. (and yes words DO MATTER Judge Judy!)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It appears all three members are using their original usernames now.

The secondary accounts are no longer needed.

Discussion of the actual topic can be resumed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join