It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about an "Actions" Forum?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi fellow ATS members, mods and site owners!
I know that there is a rule in our T&C that prohibits making threads about forming groups or demonstrations or other related stuff.
But how about a "Actions forum" that shows actions and ideas about what to do with the knowlege we are generating, contributing and reading here?

I mean there are so many wonderfull options out there what the single person can do to wake up the sheople, to get attention to different subjects or just to help others to get an individual oppinion.
There are so many members that want to make something out of what they have learned on the net and here on ATS. And i know there are many ideas spread outthere on ATS, but i feel that there should be a kind of actions-dedicated forum to concentrate the efforts and being a nice part of ATS for a betterment of the world.

I think it is the perfect time to start this special kind of forum to give out ideas and solutions, about what a single person or even a little local group can do against this weird stuff that is going on in the world...

This thread is mainly created to discuss the creation of a "Actions forum". I don´t want to have trolling in here as this is a serious subject! So please be gentle and give us your ideas and oppinion on it...
What do you think about it?
How big is the interest into a special forum like this?
What kind of special rules should be in there?
What would you want to include in there, what should stay outside?

Peace, love and light,
let you guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Uh, no thank you. This has been discussed many times before. The owners can explain it better than I can, but basically I'm pretty much against any so-called actions you would want to take to "wake up the sheeple" because basically I kinda think you ARE (cough) the sheeple.
Yiu say you are a 'Lightworker' here to help me? No thanks, bud. That's like being from the government.

See what I mean? It can get very divisive very quickly. ATS allows you to discuss pretty much anything, but stays neutral itself. This has worked for many years and is a testimony to the success of the site.
edit on 3/30/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There probably is a boar for that we just can't see it. That is probably why street view and conspiracy chicks exsist.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The OP is right. What's the point about bringing up issues of wars, diseases, disasters and such if we are not allowed to come up with a solution to these issues. TPTB are killing us off a litlle bit at a time with their desires to remain on top.

Come on ATS. Can't your lawyers come up with some sort of disclaimer to attach at the beginning of the Action threads to absolve yourselves from any liabilities accociated with the threads.

OP, you beat me to the draw
as I was going to post something allong the same lines as you. Visiting ATS is becomming pointless for me as all I read is about one issue or another and members posting their little replies that support or are against the orginal idea without any real resolution for the problems.

ATS owners, mods, members - do you just want us all to be SHEEPLE or can't we start getting off our backside and do something about the world.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Hey
dont offend me!
I am a long time (german) musican and activist. I am researching all this stuff for more than a decade and always try to make others aware of it! I am a spiritual person and help many others to do their best for theirselfs.
I lead a few workshops and lectures, making alot of stuff like stencils, stickers and t shirts, writing books and short introductions regarding all the stuff that is up here.
Actually i am working on leaving society and building up a community in southern europe. We use alternative itechnics and permaculture to find back to a natural way of life without leaving beneficial technologies behind!

I do more actions than many of you do!!!
so dont call me a sheople or a government agent!

Can you say such about you?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

No, ATS is trying to become another place where people can go to get their main stream media news stories. It wants to become a user friendly site for the news the conspiracy stuff will probably fade away over time and it will become just a place for polotical arguments about things fox news said. A reputation for becoming a site where any activist group organizes would not be good for a broad audience. So the only type of activity seen would be something everyone could agree on like fighting cancer or to raise money for education. Something like that.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

and what would happen if you tried to organize a group here?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Thanks for your support!

Yes i think that is really the point i have made up!
We need a forum for the inspiration of others!

I for myself do alot but i think if i can do and inspire others with it, how easy it is and how much one person can do
when we would have a special dedicated forum for it?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here is my personal opinion on this idea.

Many of us are ethically and morally compelled to act upon the information we receive, when we sincerely believe that action must be taken. Some of us are inclined to disbelieve that action based on internet-derived information is wise. Other are nearly immovable consumers of information, and cannot be moved to act because they really really don't want to be involved in that way.

The argument about an action forum, or collection of active members, nearly always centers around this idea of 'required action'. We must never forget, however, that we are a diverse group of people, spread over a wide area, and relying on our community at ATS for more than flash and populism. They get enough of that from the controlled mainstream media and the talking heads and celebrities in political theater.

But there is a maxim that rings true in both the natural world and the social one. Every action evokes and equal and opposite reaction. And herein lies our responsibility to the community:

Speaking strictly for myself; I do not accept that the causes which some members may embrace are my own. I explicitly do not assume that my outrage should be thrust upon another who "has no dog in the fight". I am no judge of men and the world - which is to say that I am not ashamed to be ignorant of facts, or just plain wrong about things.... in fact - that's why I am here, seeking the opportunity to learn.

Should we - as a community - decide to take sides and start activist movements or engage in public activities designed to confront or promote ideals; there will always be those who will naturally be 'against' that position. depending on the rationality and spirit of the action, this could lead to confrontations and render our community a target for the offensive undertaking of those with whom we disagree.

Say, for example, that we felt the involvement of Wikileaks in releasing the secret diplomatic cables was wrong and we campaigned publicly against the group... how long would it be before we are met with hacking attacks and duplicitous members generally running amok in our 'home?' Say we support the act as one of disclosure and transparency... how long before those threatened by such a stance labelled our members 'potential' threats to their order and potentially cast us in future judgments in a bad light?

What's even worse... you and I can disagree vehemently about something.. but as long as we are within the T&C we are assured of respect and equal standing to discuss the matter. When you get into populist movements and activism... that will virtually guarantee conflict... and regardless of who is right or who is wrong (if such a thing can be claimed) it will be the disinterested members of the community who suffer... because the "cause" is not theirs, but the field of engagement is where they live.

All of this is to say that I disagree that such a forum should exist.

But this is just my opinion, and much to my chagrin, because there are causes which I find worthy.... but I just have to remember that they are MY causes, not those of the entire ATS community. And I refuse to debase this environment with campaigning and proselytizing over matters which a large portion of our community doesn't support. As I have often said before - I come here to discuss and learn, not persuade and recruit.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was a "sheep", as they are called, at one point in time... depending on who you ask, and what they believe, I might still be.

See, it’s the responsibility of the individual to discover their own truth, whatever it may be.

Somethings you just can't act upon in order to make other people "see the light" or whatever. Altough I respect the right of religious groups / politicians / etc... to come to my door to talk about their actions and ideas about what to do with the knowlege they are generating, contributing and reading, its ineffective to my already closed mind. I suspect that would apply as well to people not privey to the ideas discussed here at ATS.

ATS is a great place for people to learn, and sometimes be taught, on their own accord.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

A reputation for becoming a site where any activist group organizes would not be good for a broad audience.

Even though ATS members don't follow each and every topic available what is so wrong about leading someone of concern to an organization that supports their views and can lead them to possibly of resolving the issue? How many ATS members can truly say they are experts in this or that and can answer everyone questions?
edit on 30-3-2011 by Sanity Lost because: Shoud have proofed the first time.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

No it shouldn´t be really about starting groups but inspiring others what a single person can do withe the means they have on the hand and with a little budget!

As i told before i am mostly speaking about arts that express the oppinions from us ATSers. Others that aren´t so creative could use some stencils or other blankets others generated to do their local contribution.

Just think about the guz who started the "google: ... (insert your favourite subject!)" thing. How much have researched it after they saw it! Thats not much but if many does ther could be a difference, no?

Remember how much all the youtube documentations did in the last years...

WE NEED A FORUM DEDICATED TO SUCH ACTIONS COPYABLE TO LOCAL LEVELS!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

How many ATS members can truly say they are experts in this or that an can answer everyone questions?

ATS members don't need to choose who the experts are they are told, ever hear about FSMEs????
edit on 30-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Nah ATS don't want us doing anything other than sitting on our asses and typing here to bring in revenue

If we actually started doing something about it, then this site would not be needed anymore and just fade away

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

I'm not aware what you are refering to as far as what FSMEs is.

The point I am trying to make is, if person A has a problem with situation X what is so terrible about linking them to someone outside of ATS that can help?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

ATS is fading away as it is now for me without the proposed changes.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
reply to post by Darkk

I'm not aware what you are refering to as far as what FSMEs is.

The point I am trying to make is, if person A has a problem with situation X what is so terrible about linking them to someone outside of ATS that can help?

FSME is Forum Subject Matter Expert, the admins/mods dictate who is the authority on any subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because that does not make people read the news on ATS nor does it get members to watch ATS's web shows.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Thank you for posting your opinion here.

The argument about an action forum, or collection of active members, nearly always centers around this idea of 'required action'.

Without 'require action' all we get is inaction. Inaction equals being taken advantage of.
I've sat on the sidelines too long now. It's time to get up and do something.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yup,
thats true. But i think if we would have such a section everyone could choose if they whant to participate or not...

I really dont mean some bigger activistic stuff like a demonstration or making an ats meeting or so, but little things that everybody could do on their own (and on their own oppinion)

For example:

You probably heard of the guy that makes the "everything is okay" demonstration on his own...
or i know of a sticker collection warning about aspartame and such stuff
or a guy that started to spray the v from "v for vendetta"
or i wanted to start an "ATS worldwide Mixtape"
or a sticker collection that is saying " This article is just the oppinion of the journalist"

such small actions could be a little brink in this dark world of today without going into a bigger movement or starting a revolution

clearly the rules for such a forum should be very under very close staff scrutiny and strong rules, but i think that is what is missed on ATS

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

FSME is Forum Subject Matter Expert, the admins/mods dictate who is the authority on any subject.

Thank you for your reply. As I have had little interaction with the FSME's can you or anyone else inform me as to whether or not their opinions of subject matters would bias their own action on ATS and of their abilities to guide members to outside links differing in their opinions?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join