It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat claim Nuclear Bombs Hidden All over US?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Threat claim Nuclear Bombs Hidden All over US?

chicago.cbslocal.com

It seems up to 25 letters so far have been sent to warn of nuclear bombs destroying america.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Intesting enough Alcida, is saying this is a suicide mission, but yet the bombs are supposed to be remote controlled. A hoax or not, this is the first i have seen of any news talking about such letters. I do hope this is a hoax, becuse the targets are schools, hospitals, etc.. Though i don't think it would matter, being nukes and all.

chicago.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dudly

What a joke. I cant stand this type of behavior. I mean how would any feel if their children and families were in cross hairs of a celestial object that they cannot out run. So I guess Lybia was an excuse for the imagination Alkyied ghost team to strike. They all need to duck

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"This is a suicide mission for us... They will be remotely detonated."

Written like a 10 year old.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Protostellar
"This is a suicide mission for us... They will be remotely detonated."

Written like a 10 year old.

Thats about as stupid as having a dog and naming him stay, then getting frustrated when he is confused and just sits there when you call him!! Here's your sign.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
No way any organization outside of US, Russia, and China has 160 "Nuclear" bombs. The article says the letters are likely hoaxes, but even if they were real, we would be talking about dirty bombs, not nuclear bombs. 160 dirty bombs would be a huge inconvenience, and it would cause some deaths, but it would not bring down the country. Dirty bombs would kill a few people in each location, and disrupt normal lifestyles and commerce. The biggest damage would probably be economical damage!

Anyhow, I don't think there is anything to fear from this. I can say my office has received no notifications or any special instructions to take precautions, apparently the letters in Florida aren't being taken too seriously so far.

I'm thinking this is a hoax/prank, or an amateur attempt to extort some money.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

A bad joke, if it is one.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
technically they are fighting for humanity. Schools and our health system are complete mockeries. hospitals abusing the Hippocratic oath by needlessly not curing people just to get more money from them, and the schools. the schools! children should not be harmed but we are destroying their minds and making them as stupid as we all are now. all they do is tell the children lies anyway. i say down with the schools and the hospitals. we can always rebuild to make them better.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dudly

Hopefully this gets debunked...cuz im not usually on edge this one did it a ltl.....JUST THE THOUGHT OF IT...geeze

crazy part is here in detroit in one of our main government buildings week or 2 ago a bomb was found.... and they said the bomb was there for 3 weeks b4 they even found it ??? hopefully jus dumb security and not a test run..... it wasnt a nuke or anything close but still ltl odd specially when i believe it was our federal building...i mean common? maybe its all the budget cuts lol i surely hope so.......

please follow up on this if you hear anything different as i will do the same....

Good post!!
hopefully its a fake ass post or its a scare tactic from opposing countries....

-JagSR

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
the article claims 160 Nuclear bombs.

Do you realize the huge amount of
nuclear material required for such
an event. And every one of them
have to be undetectable from
radiation monitors all over
the US.

I'm calling BS on this unless it is
their plan to blow up existing
nuclear facilities.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dudly

Your source is the only remotely credible source I have found. There is no AP or Reuters. There are a couple of marketwatch blogs and survival blogs. Of course GLP is running with it.

I am thinking this isn't a threat whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
While these are likely to be hoaxes, there are most likely hidden nukes on US soil. The Soviets smuggled unknown munitions into Montana during the cold war to destroy Hungry Horse dam .. I cant see how any conventional weapon could do that. Hungry Horse wasn’t the only target either.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dudly

My first thought was that if true, I wonder if these would be the 'dirty bombs' the CIA were caught supplying their - I mean - the 'terrorists' with...?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
technically they are fighting for humanity. Schools and our health system are complete mockeries. hospitals abusing the Hippocratic oath by needlessly not curing people just to get more money from them, and the schools. the schools! children should not be harmed but we are destroying their minds and making them as stupid as we all are now. all they do is tell the children lies anyway. i say down with the schools and the hospitals. we can always rebuild to make them better.

They're fighting for humanity? Are you f-ing serious?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe they all met up in Denver last night considering the charts were plotting high levels there according to another thread. But I highly doubt it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, you never know these days. Im glad they are not assuming it is a hoax, and they are going to check into it anyway. Maybe a guy had a conscience and a few drinks before writing the letter.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
sending out 25 letters is not the
Method of Operation (MO) of Al Queda.
You're lucky to get 1 letter in that instance.
This is a scare tactic mainly for an agenda.

And guess what??

There are meetings on the hill today
for Dept. of Defense Appropriations.

There is your agenda

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In my opinion, if there were nukes (or dirty bombs) hidden all over the US, then they would have been used by now. Otherwise, what are they waiting for, more acts of U.S. military aggression?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't know, it say's it's a suicide mission, yet they will be remotely detonated.

Can we assume that their intelligence here is obviously not at the level of pulling this off?

Or maybe, remotely yet still close enough to kill the detonators?

Then what the hell was the point of making them remotely detonated?

They really need to do a follow up threat to explain what the hell they are talking about.

Otherwise.. this is just... ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No need to panic about this one, it seems very unlikely that an terrorist organisation or rogue state would go to the trouble of organizing 160 nuclear devices to be covertly hidden around various locations in the US, only to then compromise the whole mission by sending out letters telling everyone.

It will transpire that it's some fruit looper, that lives alone and is either mental or has been influenced too much by Die Hard Three.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join