It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat claim Nuclear Bombs Hidden All over US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I call hoax, like many others on here.

I wonder if the letter were written in English or another language? Therefore my point is that perhaps "160 nukes", was a mistranslation?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I can't beleive they even published this....I call BS.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
technically they are fighting for humanity. Schools and our health system are complete mockeries. hospitals abusing the Hippocratic oath by needlessly not curing people just to get more money from them, and the schools. the schools! children should not be harmed but we are destroying their minds and making them as stupid as we all are now. all they do is tell the children lies anyway. i say down with the schools and the hospitals. we can always rebuild to make them better.

Down with the schools and hospitals with dirty bombs killing untold thousands? You can't be serious...*sigh*...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
c'mon...this is a stretch even for the minds of the knuckle-dragging, slopped-headed, low-IQ'ers...the logistics alone would disqualify this from reality.

not if it were a worm or a computer hack
on the cooling systems of the nuclear
storage facilities. It is theoretically
possible.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
As BoondockSaint says here, the number coincides with the number of nuclear sites in the USA.

...It's damage control - the Nuclear Industry is trying to blame "the terrorists" for radioactivity from nuclear power.

Which means it's all about to get real bad.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
But yeah, Al-CIAda doesn't have 160 nukes in the US. If they have, they have been supplied by China/Russia/US.

V, ur still thinking inside the box bro.
The best hid weapon is one already there
that they have counted in inventory.

Nuke material storage sites all have
one thing in common.

They have to be kept cool !!!!
So they all have cooling systems.

If you don't keep them cool,
you have nuclear meltdowns
in 160 locations.

Not fear mongering at all,
just trying to understand the
scope of how such an event
could be pulled off if this was
a serious threat instead of a
hoax.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Imagine if this was true. We are already speculating on an open website the possible what-ifs.

I would imagine that those in security have as well.
NEST teams
DHS (yerg, I do hate to rely on them, they're mostly political)
FBI
and an aware populace.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
and let me clarify,
I have absolutely nothing to
do with these letters.
I'm just trying to piece the
puzzle together from hindsight.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

yeah I call B.S on this one too...

..Boondock Saint BS...... it WAS you! :O

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
here is a prime example
of my analysis.

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Three northeastern states sued federal regulators Tuesday for allowing nuclear power plants to store their radioactive waste at reactor sites for up to 60 years after each plant closes down.

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said the lawsuit was meant "to keep the pressure on the federal government to come up with a long-term solution" to the problem of nuclear waste storage.

"I am committed to forcing the feds to take the hardest look possible at the risks of long-term, on-site storage, before they allow our communities to become blighted and our families, properties, and businesses threatened by radioactive waste dumps for generations to come," Schneiderman said.

President Obama is supporting construction of more nuclear plants as a way to fight dependence on foreign oil. But funding has been cut for a proposed high-level radioactive waste facility in Nevada, with no alternative named.

"You certainly can't proceed to expand nuclear power, as the federal government is proposing, without dealing with this issue," Schneiderman said.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission ruled in December that toxic nuclear waste could be stored in pools or dry casks at the nation's 100-plus nuclear sites for 60 years after a reactor shuts down. Until then, the limit was 30 years.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Seems like the MSM and government have cut costs, and are using the Saddam Bin Laden playbook?
with minor alterations...of course.
Get ready for chapter two. Boogieman eats babies
edit on 30-3-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So, you have produced 160 nuclear devices in secret avoiding all the Western intelligence detection methods, then the 160 nuclear devices were all covertly transported to sites were they have been hidden, the amount of financial backing and man power has been considerable. Everything is in place, shhhhhhhh, but no, they start sending out 25 letters telling everybody about what they have planned? Thus compromising the whole mission? JFC, some of you people sure do get scared easily over complete bollocks.

Whereas there are things listed on this site that are of concern, but this one is not.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by jimmyx
c'mon...this is a stretch even for the minds of the knuckle-dragging, slopped-headed, low-IQ'ers...the logistics alone would disqualify this from reality.

not if it were a worm or a computer hack
on the cooling systems of the nuclear
storage facilities. It is theoretically
possible.

No, its not even theoretically possible. As a product of the 60's and 70's the US nuclear fleet does not use SCADA sytems to control any function on safety related systems. Humans and relay based control loops do all the work.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Did anyone compare the handwriting to Michael Moore?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by dudly

Your source is the only remotely credible source I have found. There is no AP or Reuters. There are a couple of marketwatch blogs and survival blogs. Of course GLP is running with it.

I am thinking this isn't a threat whatsoever.

But what if by "nuclear bombs" they actually meant "dirty bombs"?

Someone not to good at English could easily confuse the two.

Just saying ...

If the threats are real at all, then yes it most certainly means "dirty bomb" and not "nuclear" bomb.

I still doubt the threats are real. My state has radiation detectors that can detect a person driving down an interstate that had a nuclear stress test done the day before. I'm certain it could detect a dirty bomb, and the chances of smuggling in one or two is low, but the chances of smuggling in 160 is impossible.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protostellar
"This is a suicide mission for us... They will be remotely detonated."

Written like a 10 year old.

Suicide bombers sometimes have a "control," an individual who is there to ensure that the bombing succeeds, even if the suicide bomber backs down at the last instant, the control can still remotely detonate the bomb.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
No way any organization outside of US, Russia, and China has 160 "Nuclear" bombs. The article says the letters are likely hoaxes, but even if they were real, we would be talking about dirty bombs, not nuclear bombs. 160 dirty bombs would be a huge inconvenience, and it would cause some deaths, but it would not bring down the country. Dirty bombs would kill a few people in each location, and disrupt normal lifestyles and commerce. The biggest damage would probably be economical damage!

Anyhow, I don't think there is anything to fear from this. I can say my office has received no notifications or any special instructions to take precautions, apparently the letters in Florida aren't being taken too seriously so far.

I'm thinking this is a hoax/prank, or an amateur attempt to extort some money.

Who would play a sick prank like this at times like this. Come on. Watch some football and relax.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
They do seem to be taking it seriously, to be honest they could make small bombs out of parts from smoke alarms that I believe have some radioactivity.Then as mentioned this would cause chaos which is just what they want.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I can't find any other articles, but from what the original article says, it makes me think this is an extortion attempt. Apparently they had several "demands" in the letters. Speed and Speed II were on television last week, perhaps someone got the idea to send these letters and try to raise some cash?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have heard of a few rumours over the years that the real people behind 9/11 and other global corruption have had this blackmail going on for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join