It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Jews Who Are Under The Mistaken Belief That God Gave Them The Land Of Israel To The Exclusion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Yes,its their land,given to them,by GOD,TO ABRAHAM,IAASIC AND JACOB,KNOWN AS ISRAEL,,,ALSO,I,don't know if you know it,but ABRAHAM AND FAMILY AND DAVID BOUGHT A LOT OF THE LAND THERE,Also Abraham bought the tomb,he and his family are buried in.,This is all in books,dated back,in there times,well,the scrolls,I,mean. Also Josephus,also talks about this.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The Abrahamic Covenant God instructed Adam and Eve, and they in turn taught their posterity concerning Christ’s atoning sacrifice and relevant gospel principles and practices (see Moses 5:5–12, 13–15, 58–59; 6:1). The ancient patriarch-prophets taught the gospel to succeeding generations throughout the ages (see Moses 6:22–23, 27–30; 8:13, 16, 19–24). Eventually, Abraham sought for the blessings, truths, and priesthood that his ancestors had received from God (see Abraham 1:2–4). He was told by the Lord that he would be taken with God’s blessings and power to another land (see Abraham 1:16, 18–19). The Lord later told Abraham that he would become a great nation with numberless posterity that would be a blessing unto all nations (see Abraham 2:9–10; 3:14). By the time of Abraham’s entrance into Canaan, it appears that some faithful communities of children of God were scattered throughout the world. The Jaredites, a Semitic people of Book of Mormon fame, had left Babylonia much earlier and were already well established in the Americas (see Ether 1–2, 6). And as Abraham left Ur and traveled southwestwards towards the western regions of the Fertile Crescent, Melchizedek, the righteous high priest, reigned over Salem in Canaan (see Genesis 14:17–20). Also around this time, Job was a just and faithful patriarch in Uz, a land eastward of Canaan (see Job 1:1–5). Abraham was selected to receive special covenant promises that would carry through to the end of this earth’s history and into eternity. God entered into His special covenant with Abraham around 1900 BC, and His covenant included three major promises. First, Abraham was promised a numberless posterity (see Genesis 13:16), one that started slowly with eight sons through three wives and that gradually grew to include several million Arabs, some two million Jews, and unknown millions of other descendants (such as the ten tribes and other scattered remnants of Israel). With the Industrial Revolution and improved living and health standards, Abraham’s posterity has exploded into hundreds of millions of living descendants today (see chart on page 3). Second, Abraham was given a promised land (see Genesis 15:18), a region in the Middle East between Egypt and the Euphrates River that the empires of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome controlled during most of the ancient era. Abraham’s descendants briefly controlled this region in medieval times as Islamic armies established an Arab empire in southwest Asia and north Africa during the ninth and tenth centuries. But foreign armies, especially the Turks from central Asia, then invaded and controlled this region for many centuries. After the British defeated the Turks during World War I, they gave political control of the lands promised to Abraham to various Arab and Jewish groups, who now argue and war over these “promised” lands. The third promise to Abraham was that his descendants would be a blessing to all nations and families of the earth (see Genesis 12:2–3; 22:16–18). Most importantly, Jesus Christ, who atoned for the sins of all mankind, was born through his lineage. Other important spiritual blessings were delivered by the ancient prophets and other righteous descendants of Abraham. Eventually, Abraham’s posterity was to bear the priesthood and the gospel to all nations so that “the blessings of salvation, even of life eternal” might be extended to “all the families of the earth” (Abraham 2:9–11). And, as will be highlighted later, Abraham’s posterity has provided many religious blessings as well as significant secular advancements to the world through the a
reply to post by gem_man

ges.

These three covenant promises made to Abraham were only partially fulfilled some 3,500 years later as Europe came out of the dark ages of medieval feudalism. Since the middle of the fifteenth century, these three divine promises with Abraham have rapidly moved toward their fulfillment. It seems that the greatest blessings of Abraham’s posterity to the earth will occur in latter days as enlightened and righteous descendants fulfill special missions to God’s children. The house of Israel indeed has the mission in our times of taking the gospel message to all the world.

Although the Lord promised the house of Israel great blessings as the heirs through Isaac and Jacob of the full Abrahamic covenant, these blessings were conditional upon their exercising their agency in righteousness as they honored their covenants with God. Because of Israel’s disobedience to covenant promises with the Lord, the children of Israel were scattered among the nations of the earth, as the Lord had warned, but with the promise of an eventual gathering (see Deuteronomy 29–30).

Israel’s punishments follow the classic pattern of the law of justice: our actions or reactions to the laws of God and the universe lead to certain consequences, which will result in experiences and feelings, which bring either happiness or sorrow into our lives. The law of justice relates to the other divine laws and provides the means by which people receive their just reward. In essence, the law of justice might be summarized as follows:
,I,went to check out what you stated here. PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE ARTICLE,BECAUSE,I STILL BELIEVE IT IS THE JEWS.

Conclusion In contrast to Satan’s failures in his attempts to thwart God’s work, Heavenly Father and His servants in His vineyard are overcoming many challenges as they fulfill His ancient promises to the house of Israel. One may well ponder how many human events have been shaped by God for the fulfillment of these promises. Throughout eternity, God and His righteous children will remember how His covenant promises were accomplished, especially as exemplified in the scattering and gathering of the house of Israel. We who live as His words are being fulfilled can either study and observe these accomplishments from the sidelines or actively participate in bringing about His work on earth. Missionary work, temple work, and our efforts in assisting one another as we build Christ’s kingdom and bring ourselves and others to Him—these are the noble labors that will help bring about the gathering and restoration of the house of Israel. Let us each do our part!

lIKE i,said,I,can't agree with you.
,some more,facts.
,This will shock all..........

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I,agree with you,please read my posts,i did 2 of them,and I,am a Christian.I,search for truth,even when I,even was brought up to believe,I,research everything,since I,became old.I,don't go by hear say.I,read and search everything I,can.to know the truth and facts.Jews were allowed into Palestinian lands, and there is no war between them, but the jews are treated as inferiors. They are allowed to build their temples, but only if they pay high taxes and they are not allowed to make the temples as big as the mosques and were treated as second class citizens.
The Jews bought their lands from the Arabs fair and square.. And then when the Jews tried to get their own state- and give palestine their own state, the arabs refused and instead they went in and attacked the jews and tried to take some of the land that the Jews already fairly bought from them. So the jews decided to fight back and this meant that many non-jews that lived on the lands purchased by the jews had to leave their homes and go to the arab side that wasn't bought up by the Jews. And they've been fighting ever since.I,found this in books to.I,believe this to be true.I,found this quote,i think it fits this subject very well.

GOD said to Abram: "Go from your land ... to the land that I will show you." (Genesis 12:1) Jews have had a continued presence in Israel for 3,000 years and have never relinquished their claim. Arabs rejected the United Nations resolution of November 29, 1947 calling for the establishment of two states in Palestine, with an all out war to eliminate Jews enacted by the Arab world. After the 1967 War -- another war of Arab aggression -- Israel recovered a small remnant (13% in whole) of what was promised to them by the UN -- eventually handing back the Sinai Desert for peace with Egypt in 1977. Between 1948-1967, Jordan and Egypt, who governed the West Bank and Gaza, respectively, never offered to surrender those lands to form an independent Palestinian state. No Palestinian organization ever sought an independent state. No Arab country had even suggested its existence. An Arab Palestine has never been the name of any nation or state. 'Palestine' was a geographical term used only to identify administrative boundaries within larger empires, nothing more. The purpose of a separate Palestinian State was defined faultlessly by the late Zoher Moessein, head of PLO bureau of military operation: "There is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians and Lebanese; we are all members of the same nation. Solely for political reasons are we careful to stress our identity as Palestinians. Since a separate State of Palestine would be an extra weapon in Arab hands to fight Zionism with. Yes, we do call for the creation of a Palestinian state for tactical reasons. Such a state would be a new means of continuing the battle against Zionism, and for Arab unity." An offshoot of the occupation myth is the 'refugee' fabrication. It states that a significant portion of the Arab population was driven out of Israel by force during the 1948 War. It makes for good copy, but it's false. Egyptian activist, Edward Said, the most famous of these "refugees," for example, has been exposed as a fraud, as has this revisionist history. Mark Twain, a man, one would think, as devoid of 'imperialistic Zionist' intentions, wrote in 1867 that Palestine was "a desolate country whose soil is rich enough but is given over wholly to weeds." Yet, Arabs have claimed that over a million refugees were forced from their homes during the 1948 War of Independence -- this number includes Arabs whose relatives entered Israel from 1946 onward. The number of Arab refugees is probably closer to 400,000, most of whom took it upon themselves to flee despite Jewish assurances that they would not be harmed. The contention that Arabs were removed by gunpoint is totally incorrect. Research by the Arab-sponsored Institute for Palestinians Studies in Beirut found that "the majority of the Arab refugees in 1948 were not expelled and 68 percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier." In her meticulously researched book, From Time Immemorial, Joan Peters proves that a roughly equivalent number of Jewish refugees were expelled from Arab nations during the same period -- 120,000 from Iraq alone. It is estimated that one million immigrants were integrated into Israel's society from 1948-1950. None of them, on the other hand, were confined for life to refugee camps.
,MUST READ,VERY INTERESTING.,THANK YOU ALL!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A passage in the book of Joshua is almost identical, except that it refers to the "children of Judah" instead of the "children of Benjamin." The account in the Book of Samuel, which states that "David built around from the Millo inward," suggests that David expanded the city to accomodate his family, court, officials and soldiers. No one is certain exactly what this means; but most experts connect "Millo" with milui, the Hebrew for (land) fill. It may refer to the expansion of the Jebusite city by terracing the hillside, filling up the terraces, and building on them. This would be consistent with the discovery of the stepped structure in the city of David.

That David showed respect for the Jebusites - even their property rights - is clear from the description of how the Israelite king acquired a site for a sacrificial altar. Although Araunah the Jebusite, possibly the former ruler of the city, offers it to him free of charge, David insists on paying for it:

And the king said unto Araunah; Nay, but I will surely buy it from thee at a price; neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the Lord my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the oxen and the threshing floor for fifty shekels of silver. [II Samuel 24: 24]
Other passages in the Books of Samuel make it clear that David employed Jebusites in his army and administration. Uriah the Hittite is an obvious example. Some scholars also suggest that Zadok, David's second high priest, was a Jebusite priest of Jerusalem. The Bible shows him as a descendant of Aaron, the brother of Moses; but, as we have seen, scholars are divided over the historical authenticity of Moses and Aaron. Many see the appointment of two high priests as a balancing act between north and south. The two entities, although united under Saul and David, showed signs of division during their reigns, and were irrevocably split after Solomon's demise. Abiathar, the sole survivor of the priests of Nob, was from the north; Zadok could have come either from Jerusalem, or from further ,YOU ALL GOT TO READ THIS,THEY ARE SAYING IT WAS SAUL AND DAVID,THAT ACTUALLY BOUGHT AND OWNED THE LAND BY MONEY,BUT ABRAHAM AND IAASIC AND JACOB,BY GOD,BUT STILL ITS IN THE FAMILY AND THEIR BLOOD. THE JEWS............VERY INTERESTING......south.www.mfa.gov.il...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite
reply to post by gem_man

Yes,its their land,given to them,by GOD,TO ABRAHAM,IAASIC AND JACOB,KNOWN AS ISRAEL,,,ALSO,I,don't know if you know it,but ABRAHAM AND FAMILY AND DAVID BOUGHT A LOT OF THE LAND THERE,Also Abraham bought the tomb,he and his family are buried in.,This is all in books,dated back,in there times,well,the scrolls,I,mean. Also Josephus,also talks about this.

Jesus also talked about it, as recorded in Matthew 21:43: "...say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation [or a people] bringing forth the fruits thereof." There is nothing else to say, for this verse knocks the props out from underneath Christian Zionists' support for Zionist Occupied Palestine.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Arthur Koestler, the novelist? He wasn't exactly what I would call scholar, he did write a number of nonfiction works later in life, but he began his career in writing novels.

Considering his emphasis on science, I would imagine he would of embraced modern genetic research. He wrote a book on parapsychology and quantum mechanics, so he kept up to date with advances.

His book the 13th tribe was about Ashkenazim and as I said before, the majority of Jews in Israel are not Ashkenazim. The book was also never intended to be anti modern Israel.

Koestler was a Zionist, of the secular marxist variety.

Now Parthia was a Persian empire. Whose core population was Persian. I have never heard in either college courses or books of Parthia being Jewish.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You left out the rest of the text from Matthew and lack of context is pretext.

Matthew 21:45
When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them.

Thats clear pretext if you are infering that 21:43 was in reference to the Jews. Jesus is speaking to other Jews and 21:45 clearly points out he was referencing the Pharisees and the chief priests.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Arthur Koestler, the novelist? He wasn't exactly what I would call scholar, he did write a number of nonfiction works later in life, but he began his career in writing novels.

Considering his emphasis on science, I would imagine he would of embraced modern genetic research. He wrote a book on parapsychology and quantum mechanics, so he kept up to date with advances.

His book the 13th tribe was about Ashkenazim and as I said before, the majority of Jews in Israel are not Ashkenazim. The book was also never intended to be anti modern Israel.

Koestler was a Zionist, of the secular marxist variety.

Now Parthia was a Persian empire. Whose core population was Persian. I have never heard in either college courses or books of Parthia being Jewish.

You are correct in that Koestler was not anti-Zionist. He was Ashkenazic, and gloried in it. His historical research is still correct, apart from his ideology.

Parthia and Persia were distinct entities. You are correct that Persia's core population was Persian, but the history of Parthia is less well understood. The core population was not Jewish, exclusively, but included all twelve tribes, and the ruling dynasty, the Arsacid, was of the House of David, according to my sources.

You are correct about the context, but I did not intend to deceive anyone. In fact, I have thought some more about that scripture, paired up with the famous "...the Kingdom is within/among you,,," statement. What if it means that the eventual Kingdom of God would be composed of certain people, not part of any one nation or ethnic group? I think we begin to see it in "Fox's Book of Martyrs." No nation or kingdom in history has brought forth the fruits of the kingdom, acceptable to God, but I believe the Overcomers will.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

,You are right to a point,But God said,he would return them to their land,and make them a great nation.Also he will take the scales from their eyes,you need to tell it all my friend.Also,yes we do read all the scriptures,you need to read all my articles. Also the jews will call upon his name,when the scales fall from their eyes,Then read revelation what God does with israel,they will become his people again.Yes,God di kick them a lot out of the land,But that's God land to do what he wants.We can't judge or tell God,that he can't give the ;land back to them..God said he will bring nations against ISRAEL,TO PROVE HE God Almighty and he rules,not us.GOD ALSO SAID HE WOULD CURSE ALL THAT CURSE ISRAEL,ARE YOU WILLING TO DO THAT,I,AM NOT! But GOD did say he would bless all that bless ISRAEL. I,choose to bless ISRAEL,true Jesus said not to kill,but you do have the right to defend your self.Are you saying you won't defend your self? I,personally am not against anyone,but i am afraid of Shari law. I,don't bother people ,or burn their books of their faith.Just like I,don't want anyone to burn mine.Mark my words,the book of revelation will come true. The world and media are showing it everyday. True we don't know the day or time,but Jesus gave us signs,and to look up. Also if you read the bible,and about the feasts,they match up with Jesus death and the future. He gave us signs and wonders,we just have to have faith and open our eyes and hearts and do his will.I,just can't agree with you on the land ,it is the Jews and ISRAELS.But who ever makes it to the end it will be gentiles and Jews,The JERUSALEM FOR ALL MANKIND,THAT MAKE THE JUDGEMENT,TO BE WITH JESUS. Thank you all for reading, I,can write more later on this subject,if want to know more.I,will pray for the world.In Jesus name amen

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I found this today, from Kawther Salam:

The Legality of Israel is a Ruse

The First Episode – written by Chelli S., a courageous young American woman who has visited occupied Palestine and lived in my homeland Hebron, from where I was expelled in 2002. She lived in the center of the city which is occupied by about 400 militant extremist American and European jewish colonists protected by over 5000 soldiers.

Chelli moved between Tel Rumeida, the highest hill with olive fields in Hebron, which is registered in the UNESCO as historical heritage, and occupied by American terrorists from the Kach movement lead by Baruch Marzel and his wife, and Al-Shuhada street where the US colonists occupied the Al-Daboia Clinic and turned it into the “Beit Hadassa” settlement where the US citizen Noam Federman and other Kach terrorists settled. During Chelli’s stay in Hebron, she became part of the Palestinian daily life and observed the horror of the jewish colonialism in Hebron. After her return to the US, she wrote episodes of her observations in which she simply described the life under occupation.

What Chelli wrote is contrary to the statements of her arrogant government, which provides unequivocal support to Israel zionists and to the herds of American jewish colonists, who left the US to live a life of unrelenting criminality in the heart of Hebron and the occupied West Bank, aiming at the destruction of the Palestinian civil society, stealing our land, prosperity, stability, security, freedom, peace and independence. Below is the first episode of Chelli, which will be followed by others.

The Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron during the so-called "peace"??
The legality of colonialism is a ruse. The only laws of colonialism are violence, theft, and impunity. I learned this lesson well in Tel Rumeida, Hebron, Palestine, where violence will greet you at any time, where you will see sights you had not been able, in your finite existence, to imagine. In Tel Rumeida, the violent and hectic state created, maintained, and fostered by the colonial Israeli armed forces is, to the best I can describe, a chaotic circus of Hell. Human rights abuses against the Palestinian community are a constant part of life, and the full impunity for these crimes adds to the weight of the day.

In Tel Rumeida, the large hill in the middle of Hebron and the birthplace of the city, you will find the gamut of armed Israeli colonial forces. They are all there for one purpose: to make the lives of the Palestinian families of Tel Rumeida into a living hell in the attempt to force them to leave the area.

How can you describe the things you see there?

To give an idea of the situation for the fifty Palestinian families who remain living in this historic area, I will describe the gamut of colonial forces constantly present in their neighborhood. There are teenage male Israeli soldiers standing 24 hours a day in the streets, as well as on people’s roofs. Numerous military cameras throughout the area film people constantly, and there is also a military base housing hundreds of soldiers. There are border police who come at any time and station themselves somewhere with the sole purpose of harassing Palestinian community members. There are “special police,” big older men who basically get their name from being prone to extreme violence. There are “DCO,” men in white jeeps who know your name without ever having met you, who try to talk to you; who threaten your colleagues.

There are regular Israeli police who drive through numerous times a day, but who will never come to assist you when you call them because you are being attacked. These police officers make a career out of Colonial Occupation: lies, threats, torture, and false imprisonment. There are also the colonial Israeli settlers living in two small colonial settlements, the so-called “Ramot Yishai” and “Beit Hadassah,” who are infamous for their violence and rabid racism, and who operate with full impunity and free money from the United States and Israel. (Click on the picture to make it bigger).

All of these groups are present in Tel Rumeida at any time of the day or night. You will always find the colonial Israeli soldiers and settlers there, and the other groups add themselves to the mix routinely to foster the hell in which Palestinian community members are forced to live.

For myself, I saw many things while I was in Tel Rumeida and I heard much history of what had happened before. It is impossible for me to list these things in this short article. What I witnessed there, day after day, was ethnic cleansing and genocide. I, like many others, found these sights and the hell on earth so difficult to bear. It brought me many sleepless nights and much grief, and has changed me profoundly.

I learned about impunity in Tel Rumeida. I saw its face, I knew its horror, I felt its weight. No matter what happened, it would not be prosecuted, and you would pass the attackers in the street morning, noon, and night. I learned that money buys impunity, and I saw how the United States government uses its citizen’s tax dollars to buy impunity and silence for the crimes it pays for daily.

I saw the United States standing in Palestine, not only in the form of money, but also in the form of colonial settlers, police, and soldiers. Once, when a colonial Israeli soldier demanded to know which country I was from, I told him, and he replied with a smile, “I love the United States. They gave me this gun.” The teenaged soldier held up his M-16. Many of the most violent colonial settlers in Hebron are from the United States, and I remember arguing with a colonial settler and soldier about a human rights crime that had just occurred in the street, and realized we were all from the US … I have recently understood that I, as a human rights worker, also represented the United States in the form of its people who are disgusted by the lies, deceit, and constant war mongering of our government.

I learned about another force very much at play in world politics that of our governments’ secret services, those paid-off people who work to disrupt, destroy, divide, and slander human rights, social change, and media work all over the world. I learned that this secret force must be made known and universally condemned, so that we know what we are up against as people of conscience, and so that we can move forward as people who long to live in a more just world.

As international human rights workers in Tel Rumeida, we documented at least a thousand crimes against humanity in a short period. These included Palestinian children being falsely arrested and imprisoned, Palestinian mothers being attacked in their homes, Palestinian men being beaten in the streets, Palestinian children who could no longer play outside because they would assuredly be attacked every time, Palestinian families who were forbidden by the Israeli army to lock the door to their homes, the entire community being forced to pass through a metal detector checkpoint operated by Israeli soldiers who could adjust its strength every time they wanted to go the store, work, school, home… If I were to attempt to list the atrocities that have happened in Hebron, it would a task at which I would work the rest of my life to do. As many Palestinians say in Hebron, “It is impossible to describe what has happened here.”

As international HRWs working in Hebron, we often intervened to make ourselves the target of attacks that were directed at Palestinian community members. We were constantly aware that we were not welcome there by the colonial Israeli enterprise, and that our governments really could not or, as in my case, would not do anything to protect us. We were attacked routinely by the colonial settlers; we were threatened by the Israeli police who repeatedly falsely arrested us and tried to have us deported; and we were often attacked by the Israeli soldiers, who also stole our video cameras and erased the footage of their crimes.

I often asked the other HRWs working in Tel Rumeida about what their impressions were and references to Nazis were common as we all saw the living Holocaust of the modern-day situation in Palestine. Every person whom I showed videos from Tel Rumeida of these human rights abuses reacted with disgust and dismay, anger, sadness, and disbelief. Most of these people are United States citizens.

Tel Rumeida is a closed off area. No Palestinian vehicles are allowed, no ambulances. Ten percent of its population remains, and there is only one small store in a place that was full of thriving businesses. Still, many Palestinian families remain in this area and have fought through hell to stay, and to raise strong and kind children. I remember one community member of Tel Rumeida who stated the obvious and beautiful. He said, “If we begin to hate like them, we also lose our culture. So we will not hate, but we will stay.”

It is difficult to describe the contrasts of kindness and hatred that you will find in this way in Palestine, but it is there in a strong way that begs to be noticed. While the occupying side degenerates into frothing hatred, many Palestinians rise to higher and higher moral planes.

As a United States citizen, one of the most difficult things to bear about Palestine is the fact that it would not be happening without the actions of my government. I believe the United States government must be continually condemned for its actions in Palestine, and must be forced to stop.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Finish it my friend,in revelation,God gives the land back,and the scales will fall from their eyes,,and God will bring the nations against them to remind them he is God almighty,then he will be their god forever.Also he will have 144,00 Jews proclaiming Gods word in the end to.We need to tell it all.The Jews will be back in Gods glory and we will to.If we can't forgive now,how do you expect God to forgive us.We ,can't get along here,now,how are we to get along in the new kingdom.Which will be here on the new earth.Where Jesus will rule forever.,I,love the scripture

The CENTER of ALL Q: What is the shortest chapter in the Bible? A: Psalms 117 Q: What is the longest chapter in the Bible? A: Psalms 119 Q: Which chapter is in the center of the Bible? A: Psalms 118 Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118 Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118 Add these numbers up and you get 1188. Q: What is the center verse in the Bible? A: Psalms 118:8 Psalms 118:8 (NKJV) "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."
,Also ,this if you drop a apple it falls to the floor,now if you throw it up,and a human catches it,then it is human intervention,now why can't mankind believe ,that their could be a god intervention for creation?,What I, am trying to say is to believe in GOD WORD NOT MAN KINDS WORD.Jesus called on all his hearers for metanoia. That means a profound change of mind. We have translated that as repentance. We who repent in response to the scales falling from eyes are true followers of Jesus.Genesis 12:3: "And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed.Matthew 13:11-15 Also Psalm 78 I .... God says, bless Israel and I will bless you, BUT curse Israel… ...ITS YOUR CHOICE ALL.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
yet the romans didnt actually use the word palestine at all but rather only palaestina & to a lesser extent philistia

& indeed if you arent really asking about the exact word palestine
but are actually also interested in any similar but older words that gave rise to the word palestine then you would have to go back a few centuries earlier than the romans to the ancient greek word for both palestine & palaestina
which was palaistine

& indeed even a few centuries before that
the ancient hebrew word for all the above
was already pelesheth or plesheth

but even pelesheth has similar variations in possibly earlier languages
such as akkadian & egyptian
not to mention the language of the ancient palestinians themselves
in which the word most likely truly originated
albeit in some form that is unknown today
as their name for their homeland itself
or for themselves its people
when they first arrived there some 3200 years ago
if not earlier

but on the other hand
if you really mean the word palestine itself
& will accept no substitutes or ancestors or other near misses
then i have to tell you that palestine itself per se was in fact not widely used if at all in english until the 20th century

indeed it was only revived as a political territorial name in 1920 for the british mandate for palestine

i say revived because the word hadnt really been used much in any form to mean a real living place since the crusades

nineteenth century english much preferred the alternative form of the word
which was & still is philistine

so i think the truest available answers for your question are either shortly before 1920 or else about 1200 bc
depending entirely on what you yourself mean & would perhaps like the answer to be

Read more: wiki.answers.com...,ABOUT WHY IT WAS CALLED Palestine, It looks like the Persians were the first to view Israel as part of Syria; both were part of the fifth Persian satrapy. This point of view carried over to the Greeks, and soon the whole Levant was simply called Syria. We can thank the Roman Emperor Hadrian for the name Palestine. After he crushed the Bar Kochba rebellion he tried to erase Jewish culture from the land by building a pagan city (Aelia Capitolina) where Jerusalem used to be, and changed the name of the land to Syria Palestina (Philistine Syria). In other words, he brought back the name of Israel's archenemy, as an act of anti-Semitism,1917-the British issue the Balfour Declaration.
1923-Transjordan is established by partitioning Palestine.
1930's-Nazism caused an increase in Jewish immigration to Palestine.
1941-British liberate Lebanon.
1944-Syria becomes an independent state.
1946-Jordan becomes a kingdom.
1947-U.N. votes to divide Palestine into an Arab-Jewish state.
1948-Israel is created as a homeland for Jews.
1949-First Arab-Israeli War, about 700,000 Palestinian refugees flee to Arabic countries.
1964-Palestinian refugees organize the PLO( Palestinian Liberation Organization)
1967-Israel doubles its land during the Six Day War.
1970- PLO stops trying to take over Jordan and moved to Lebanon.
1973-4TH Arab-Israeli War.
1979-Egypt signs peace agreement with Israel.
1982-Israel invades Lebanon in attempts to drive out PLO.
1987-Initfada in Israel begins, riots continue till 1990.
1988-PLO issues a statement to stop terrorism and acknowledge Israel's right to exist.
1993-Israel and PLO agree to work for peace.
2000-Israel and Palestine fighting starts again.

How did Israel become Palestine and who are the Palestinians? The second Jewish war with the Romans took place in 132-135 CE. Led by Rabbi Akiva and Simon bar Kochba, the Jewish uprising was crushed by the Roman Emperor Hadrian who sought to de-Judaize Jerusalem and make it a pagan city. Hadrian renamed Jerusalem "Aelia Capitolina" in honor of Jupiter. He changed the name of Judea and gave it the name of the Jews ancient enemy, the Philistines. He called it -- Palestine. Over time, Palestine was ruled by the Roman Byzantines (312-637) [Persian interrupt 614-629], Omayyad Arabs (638-750), Islamic Abbassid's (750-1099), Crusaders (1099-1291) [Saladin the Kurd interrupt 1187-93], Mamluks (1291-1516), Ottoman Turks (1517-1917), and the British Mandate (1917-1948). None of these rulers established a sovereign state in the Land and Jerusalem was never the capital of any empire since the time of King David. Palestine was a forgotten desolate, wasteland, but historical records show there was always a Jewish presence in the Land. The revival of modern Jewish life in the Land began in the 1880's with the arrival of Russian refugees from the Russian pogroms. A second wave of immigration, also from Russia, was in 1905. This was followed by later immigrations resulting in a growing Jewish population in the Land. When the Jews came to the Land, they found a malaria infested swamp in the north and an uninhabitable desert in the south. It was as if the God of the Bible had kept the Land hidden away in obscurity until the rightful owners -- the Jews returned to claim it. The Jewish pioneers did not steal the Land from the Arabs. They purchased the Land at highly inflated prices from absentee landlords living outside the Land. As the Jews worked the Land, it began to prosper. While there were Jews and Arabs living in the Land, there

were many poor migrant Arab farm workers in the surrounding Arab countries who needed work. When they heard that the Land was prospering under the hand of the Jews, they migrated to Palestine to get work from the Jews. Furthermore, the British allowed many thousands of Arabs into Palestine illegally while barring the Jews from entering the Land. For the most part, the Arab Palestinians are these peasant farm workers and illegal aliens. "Palestinians" have never been a distinct people, they have never had a sovereign land called Palestine, Jerusalem has never been their capital, there is no Palestinian language or culture, and there is no Palestinian people. It is a myth created after the Jews liberated Jerusalem in 1967.

,I hope this helps out.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
As mum says, the proof is in the pudding. Israel will stand and still stand until ATS is no more. Why? Because it's God's land, the creator has his eye on the chosen promised land and nothing, nothing the devil says, does or try convince will ever change that.

I think people need to start to realise Israel could be long gone already, if you look at it compared to the nations it surrounds, it could be easily wiped off the map.

Why isn't it?

Well...
God is in control of the world but this land in paticularly. It is the apple of his eye and ain't nobody going to go messin' with it!!!

Do you think the devil himself wants to bring on WW3? Trust me in many ways he wouldn't want to because he knows this will bring on Jesus return and then basically it is the end of him. Israel is such a key place in a Christians life because it basically is the draw card when our saviour comes back. As soon as key points happen i.e. the rebuilding of the temple, the anti-christ sitting in the temple, war on Israel...it will be the end of sadness and pain because our saviour will be creating a new world.

But yes many want Israel gone off the map, that's evident, but the simple answer is that it won't be. And that is proof to me of God's existence because there are many factors that could rid Israel as a country, but none has happened in all these years and nothing will.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by gem_man

what myth did the settlers use when they stole the Native Americans land?

Have you seen the land Israel occupies? I live in Australia and I know first hand how much land was taken from the Aboriginal people - the whole bloomin lot!

Israel only had a small, minute area of the middle east - i think it is immoral for the countries of the middle east to not let this people have their land.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I have been reading the recent posts and they are about what God said and his involvement- in the past and what God said - will happen in the future and his future involvement. There is actually reams and reams of it.

What none of you are saying is about God's involvement in the pertinent NOW and what is happening to all the people living there NOW... you would think God would have been far more active NOW instead of silent and actually missing;
especially when there is the blatant obvious fact that most his commandments are all being ignorred and broken, surely an Angel or some heavenly being might have been available to sort out the mess if he can't be here NOW.

You can bring up prophesy and say this prophesy tells us about this or that specific action but you can't dodge the fact that whom is being discussed here is God, whom is unavailable and silent when needed most is the God you avidly speak of.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

READ my words VERY carefully.......

ISRAEL IS GOING NO WHERE, it is here to stay and there's bloody NOTHING you can say or do about it !!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't know if this video has been posted here before, but it doesn't matter anyway. It needs to be spread out for more to see.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Lynda101

READ my words VERY carefully.......

ISRAEL IS GOING NO WHERE, it is here to stay and there's bloody NOTHING you can say or do about it !!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
I have been reading the recent posts and they are about what God said and his involvement- in the past and what God said - will happen in the future and his future involvement. There is actually reams and reams of it.

What none of you are saying is about God's involvement in the pertinent NOW and what is happening to all the people living there NOW... you would think God would have been far more active NOW instead of silent and actually missing;
especially when there is the blatant obvious fact that most his commandments are all being ignorred and broken, surely an Angel or some heavenly being might have been available to sort out the mess if he can't be here NOW.

You can bring up prophesy and say this prophesy tells us about this or that specific action but you can't dodge the fact that whom is being discussed here is God, whom is unavailable and silent when needed most is the God you avidly speak of.

Trouble is with this thinking on where is God is, He's always been there, it's just that most don't see Him cause they don't know how.
God doesn't work on our time scale or what we perceive to be what should be according to our understanding of time.
When a plant or a tree grows, we don't expect to see that growth happen instantly before our eyes, but yet we know that the plant or the tree is growing.
God is sort of like that plant or tree in how He deals with mankind on this planet. We live in a state of reality called time, God doesn't.
God's working for Israel has always been, I'm going to use just one example for now, you take the British mandate for instance. They the British had promised the Jews land that included what is called Jordan, and they reneged on their promise, look at the U.K. today and where it stands as a country that had clout, and control around the world, and the problems that it has in it's own borders today. The U.S. is headed in the same direction as the U.K. losing it's clout. God said to Abraham, Genesis 12:3 (Amplified Bible)
3 And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves].
Footnotes:
1. Genesis 12:3 To look with disfavor on the Jews was to invite God's displeasure; to treat the Jews offensively was to incur His wrath. But to befriend the Jews was to bring down upon one's head the rewards of a promise that could not be broken.

Genesis 16:12 (Amplified Bible)

12And he [Ishmael] will be as a wild ass among men; his hand will be against every man and every man's hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.

Footnotes:

1. Genesis 16:12 "Nothing can be more descriptive of the wandering, lawless, freebooting life of the Arabs than this. From the beginning to the present they have kept their independence, and God preserves them as a lasting monument of His providential care and an incontestable argument of the truth of divine revelation. Had the books of Moses no other proof of their divine origin, the account of Ishmael and the prophecy concerning his descendants during a period of nearly 4,000 years would be sufficient. To attempt to refute it would be a most ridiculous presumption and folly" (Adam Clarke, The Holy Bible with A Commentary).

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

Finish it my friend,in revelation,God gives the land back,and the scales will fall from their eyes,,and God will bring the nations against them to remind them he is God almighty,then he will be their god forever.Also he will have 144,00 Jews proclaiming Gods word in the end to.We need to tell it all.The Jews will be back in Gods glory and we will to.If we can't forgive now,how do you expect God to forgive us.We ,can't get along here,now,how are we to get along in the new kingdom.Which will be here on the new earth.Where Jesus will rule forever.,I,love the scripture

Facts seem to have no impact on you, and on some others posting in this thread. I see iteration and reiteration of the same old, same old Bible interpretations, and many people [me, for instance] do not share those interpretations. You mention the 144,000 for a good example, but you say they are Jews when the Bible clearly and unmistakably states that only 12,000 are from the tribe of Judah. Are you unable to see what you are looking at? If your pastor is telling you that the 144,000, and many other things besides, pertain to the Jews when the Word of God says otherwise, you would do well to leave that church, and not even to wait until the sermon is over.

Edit: OK, I started to watch the video posted a few posts ago, but I could not get past the "Hamas has fired thousands of rockets into undefended Israeli towns." Come on, there ARE NO undefended Israeli towns! The video purports to show a web of Palestinian lies, but see the obvious bias in the video itself. The Jews are depicted as innocent and helpless before the barbaric hordes of Islam. What drivel - it's self-serving propaganda.
Now with that said, we all need to remember that Albert Pike's letter to Mazzini stated, at just about the time the modern Zionist movement was beginning, that the plan was to set Christians, Jews, and Muslims at each other, until all were destroyed. It seems to be working out as he said. In case you don't know, Pike and Mazzini were high-ranking Masons. In case you have not read the letter, it is easy to find on the www, and IMHO, is one of the most vital documents of recent times.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Lazarus Short because: more to say

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join