It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vote for Bush is a Vote for the Draft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Just to add to your diatribe for the young people out there, There are currently 2 bills, 1 in the House and 1 in the Senate about concerning the possible draft.

Both bills were introduced and sponsored by Democratic members of Congress..

BURN! im sure they [the dems] are doing this a polotical thing to make the conservatives look bad, and they know that most conservative oters will serve if they are called upon and that their fellow libs will go to canada like the cowards they are. this will thin the numbers of conservative voters for the next election.

ive heard crazier on ATS so dont gibe me any funny looks

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh and one more thing to add that you might find of interest. The Army hit its retention rate. And you still think there is need for a draft.

Army Hits Retention Mark

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
A vote for Bush is a vote for freedom, for an administration that is not afraid to defeat terrorism, here and abroad. A vote for Kerry is a vote for retreat, for appeasement, in the face of grave danger. A vote for Kerry is a vote for negotiations with killers, murderers, those who wish to destroy the United States.

Let's see...

During the Vietnam War, John Kerry volunteered to join the Navy. (Not that he HAD to or anything.) Not content with his REMF position, he volunteered for hazardous duty. He actually fought and helped save the lives of his men on different occasions, for which he was awarded some of the Navy's highest medals.

At the same time, George W. Bush used his daddy's connections to leap- frog hundreds of more deserving candidates into the Texas National Guard. Basically, he bumped someone off the list who had to go to Vietnam. I wonder if that man ever came back alive and in one piece. If not, that's just another death Bush will have to answer God for. Talk about a coward's way out.

Rather than pissing hot on a urinalysis (during a routine flight physical), Dubya simply refused to take it. He was grounded after that. He then deserted. This, of course, will never be proven conclusively because the records which show it were destroyed. How convenient!

It's important to note: If a member of the armed forces goes AWOL and does not return to duty within one month, he/she is considered a deserter. In a time of war the penalty for this betrayal is quite harsh. In this vet's opinion, George W. Bush should have been thrown in jail for a long, long time.

Now, considering the background of both men, it would seem John Kerry is what we all refer to as a bona fide war hero; Bush, on the other hand is a 100% certified coward.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
This appears to me to be a tatic to scary people away from voting for Bush. Its quite clever on the parts of the Democrates.

I'm a registered Republican.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
Keep drinking the lemonade.

See, what we have here is one who cannot defend their arguments with facts nor supportive evidence; relying instead upon hopeless ad hominems in a sorry attempt to stifle intellectual debate. Why? Because attempting to support such ridiculous arguments with intellectual debate simply exploses the great lie... there is no intellect behind the liberal debate, merely scare tactics drummed up in the name of politics. Example: This whole draft nonsense!

Um, so, what do you have to say about the issue at hand? I've not heard you debate a single thing. It's all hate-mongering regardless of the issue.

And btw, if you're between the ages of 18-34, it would behoove you to think a little more broadly and to look much more closely at what Bush's plans are for you.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Why don't the editors of this site just create a new theme...

I hate Bush.

That way East Coast and all of his little buddies can just Rant in that site and the rest of us can just go on with our lives and look at Conspiracies and life.

I just wanted to thank you for following me so closely. What I say obviously strikes you deeply; otherwise, you would ignore me altogether.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I just wanted to thank you for following me so closely. What I say obviously strikes you deeply; otherwise, you would ignore me altogether.

I don't think it is that, ECK. Anyone who has perused the threads knows you only start threads on how bad Bush is, etc. I wouldn't say it strikes him deeply, rather, how partisan you really are. I find it hard to believe that you voted for Bush in 2000 and have swung so far left in that amount of time, it really is quite humorous.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Now, considering the background of both men, it would seem John Kerry is what we all refer to as a bona fide war hero

Three scratches and out in three months doesn't a hero make ....
Opportunist perhaps ... but definately not a hero.

His 'volunteering' is also under question.

www.factcheck.org...

Kerry the war criminal, not the war hero

www.kerrycore.com...

[edit on 7/23/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by delta74dragon
Is there anyone on this thread currently serving in the military who thinks that the draft is coming? I am serving in the Army and I know that there may be a few less people signing up, but that does not mean that we are stretched thin.

When you are IN the Army the view you have of the big picture is pretty limited to the view they wish for you to have. I know this. I was in it. There is no more biased an environment to be within. And there are reasons for that. This is something you will see clearly when you are out.

It means that we have the majority of our National Guard and Reservists overseas and not in the US.

Precisely. If things were as they SHOULD be, that would NOT be the case.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

I don't think it is that, ECK. Anyone who has perused the threads knows you only start threads on how bad Bush is, etc.

That's untrue. Sorry you've missed other subjects I've written on.

I wouldn't say it strikes him deeply, rather, how partisan you really are. I find it hard to believe that you voted for Bush in 2000 and have swung so far left in that amount of time, it really is quite humorous.

How partisan am I? I'll tell you how partisan I am. Or was, rather. I have never, repeat NEVER voted for a Democrat in my life. I know it's hard for all you true believers out there to grasp, but that's the truth.

I have my own mind and I can come to my own individual conclusions. I don't need Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh telling me how to think, unlike so many of today's Brown Shirts, I mean Republicans. Have any of you out there noticed how the GOP eats their own the minute one says they disagree with the programmed message? At this point I don't know why anyone would even consider registering Republican. I'm probably going to switch my registration to unafilliated. The GOP has near-completely run out of issues, become corrupt beyond imagining and have completely lost any legitimacy.

As someone famous once said, "I didn't leave the party, the party left me." I couldn't have said it better.

Keep attacking those eeevil liberals, the stench of your fear is growing.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Now, considering the background of both men, it would seem John Kerry is what we all refer to as a bona fide war hero

Three scratches and out in three months doesn't a hero make ....
Opportunist perhaps ... but definately not a hero.

His 'volunteering' is also under question.

www.factcheck.org...

So, uh, how long have you spent in combat?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

[So, uh, how long have you spent in combat?

Five years US ARMY. Non Combat duty.

1981-1987. I signed up for airborne, but back then us girls weren't allowed.

My duty record is immaterial. Kerry's is what we are discussing.
3 scratches in 3 months and out.
Throws away his medals.
He lies to the senate and to the world about 'attrocities' allegedly committed by him and our soldiers. (and then refused to back them up with facts - but of course there are no facts because he lied)/
He's no war hero. He's a liar, a WAR CRIMINAL, and a buffoon.
The guy belongs in jail, not in the oval office.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by Brown
I ain't too scared because even if what EastCoastKid says is true, no one really is going to vote for Bush because of the "I hate Bush so I'm going to vote for Kerry" factor. A lot of voters don't really care about the platforms, they just know that Bush took us to war and screwed up, at least in there opinion.

That's a bit overstated as of right now...

poll shows Kerry, Bush in dead heat

One-third of voters said they don't know enough about Kerry to decide whether he would make a better president than Bush. The paper's June poll had similar results.

Wow I didn't know all that TJW. With all the Bush bashing you would think that the polls would be one sided.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
[

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What amazing powers of fear and idiocy you use. You must enjoy your gift of predicting the future? How about giving me the winning power ball ticket for next week?

You're worth a good laugh !

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I definitely think that after the election...if Bush wins..they will institute the draft. Listen to what they say about shortage of recruits. We are short already. There is nobody signing up because they don't want to go to Iraq for years on end...so the next logical step is the draft. We are spread too thin around the world. I think it will happen within the next 2 years.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If I lived in the USA I would sign up for the Military, you cowards should do the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Why don't the editors of this site just create a new theme...

I hate Bush.

That way East Coast and all of his little buddies can just Rant in that site and the rest of us can just go on with our lives and look at Conspiracies and life.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Right, everything else is worthy of conspiracy except the current government. Sometimes I wonder why you people bother coming here. There are plenty of Conservative forums around, and Liberal forums for that matter.

Considering that this forum roughly displays the same level of free speech that your constitution allows (minus the expletives and racism etc. of course), you would have to consider yourself a fairly unpatriotic person to wish that someone couldn't voice their opinion here.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm voting for Kerry because Bush is not telling the truth about the draft. Just like his Daddy did when he said "Read my lips no new taxes". With Daddy Bush's mistake we only lost a little money. With Junior's you can loose your children. You may be willing to gamble your kids lives but I'm not willing to gamble mine.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
ECK-- I am a registered republican also. I have NEVER voted for a democrat in my life. You are absolutely right when you say that the Conservative/Republicans have let us down (with few exceptions like Ron Paul and Bob Barr.) I am with you 110% about not needing the "Neoconservative" talking heads to tell me what I need to think. Nor do I need to listen to the Neoliberals. In fact, people should shut off the television pick up some history books or research on the computer.

The twin draft bills are nice and neatly drawn, sitting on the sidelines just for the opportune time insofar that it needs to be rushed through--like the Patriot Act was.

I see no difference in either party anymore. They are both selling the US citizens out. Their petty carping keeps everyone distracted. Look at the bi-partisan agreements on many damning pieces of legislation that have been passed.

This current government/Military Industrial Complex has infiltrated our sovereign country not to mention, other sovereign countries.

People need to check out PNAC (Project for a New American Century) and see this Neoconservative "think-tank's" invasion road map. Simple mathematics would show that more soldiers will be necessary to continue these imperialistic invasions..

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It's good to know I'm not the only Republican around here going, "Dude, Where's My Party?!" The Republican party has so sold its soul its scary. I think Pat Buchanan's the only one (in the media) who'se got the cajones to stand up and tell it like it is.

I'm not saying the Democratic party is any better. Here's the problem, through the years, the pendulum of righteousness swings back and forth. For the time, the rightness of issues seems to be with them.

I'll be voting for Kerry. I don't know if he'll be any better with regard to Iraq. I can only hope so. He seems to be making the noises of a realist, and that is what is so badly needed right now.

More of this NeoCon Bu# is only gonna lead us into war with Syria and Iran. They're already making noises.. talkin about Syria firing into Iraq and whatnot.. After the whole WMD thing, nothing the Bushies say can be trusted.

One thing I do know is, if Bush is re-elected and what I said comes to pass, there will be no way around re-instituting a draft. It'll be universal (men & women both - which I strenuously oppose) and it will be up to the age of 35. If you fall into that age category they will require you to list all skills and interests, so they can cherry pick expertise. They're already doing it now with the IRR (individual ready reserve).

A vote for Bush is a vote for never-ending war and militarism. That NOT what Democracy is about!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join