It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vote for Bush is a Vote for the Draft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's amazing to listen to young people rant on about how great Dubya Bush is. Most of them do not even realize that by supporting him, they are actually supporting the very real possibility that they will be drafted into his military and shipped off to Iraq and Afghanistan.

To him, they are merely cannon fodder. Is this what you want, young people?
Do you really want to hand your life over to the US government for the foreseeable future? Do you really want to be cannon fodder? This is what you'll be voting for.

If you truly are so patriotic that you really want to serve, then that's fine. I applaud you. But unless you've committed yourself to service, you might want to think twice about supporting Bush. War isn't nearly as glamorous as Hollywood wants you to think. It's quite the opposite. Trust me; I've seen it. You will face just about every misery imagineable in rapid-time.

If Bush gets elected, he will start the draft.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just to add to your diatribe for the young people out there, There are currently 2 bills, 1 in the House and 1 in the Senate about concerning the possible draft.

Both bills were introduced and sponsored by Democratic members of Congress..

Check out this thread for the details on the pending legislation...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just trying to help you inform the youth ECK.....

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Just trying to help you inform the youth ECK.....

I always appreciate added info. Thanks.

Can't help but wonder how Jenna and Barbara Bush would worm out of service?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
ok ok . lemme start by saying, I DO NOT SUPPORT BUSH....I am a registered democrat......ok, that being said....that draft is a bunch of BS.. both bills are doing exactly as planned...scare you... i saw the senator who proposed the bills...hes a democrat..his response? "we just want to make the public aware of the true cost of war..most people think of it as "not their problem"..if suddenly your faced with the real possibility of loosing a son or daughter, youll pay more attention to what is going on there"...

rest easy friend..just a democratic ploy to wake us the country to something other than their own lives...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
LOL EastCoast, I agree with you but I think I seen some Bu#s over in the corner building a bonfire pyre and mumbling something eastcoast, LOL
Good stuff

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I believe that the democrats who introduced the bill are basing their logic on this point.

A draft would ensure that both republicans and democrats would think twice about starting an illegal war if their sons and daughters could be drafted.

The point being made by JacKatMtn serves to demonstrate that there is no real difference between cola-red and cola-blue in US politics. It doesn't matter which party gets elected the draft is comming to fulfill the master plan.

Unless of cource the citizenry gets informed, involved and puts a new non-imperialist plan in place.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
ok ok . lemme start by saying, I DO NOT SUPPORT BUSH....I am a registered democrat......ok, that being said....that draft is a bunch of BS.. both bills are doing exactly as planned...scare you...

Friend, this is not a scare tactic. If you understand the what's happening with our military right now, you would understand retention is through the floor and our military is stretched to the breaking point.

The reason Rangel, for example, introduced his bill is to ensure fairness. If you send my kid, yours is going, too.

The only reason I brought this up is because these kids have no idea what the ramifications of his re-election are. His re-election will possibly change the course of their lives (and their loved ones) forever.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't wanna see anyone's kid get sent overseas and blown to bits over a BS illegal war of aggression and greed.

Our children's lives are worth far too much to allow it!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A vote for Bush is a vote for freedom, for an administration that is not afraid to defeat terrorism, here and abroad. A vote for Kerry is a vote for retreat, for appeasement, in the face of grave danger. A vote for Kerry is a vote for negotiations with killers, murderers, those who wish to destroy the United States.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
A vote for Bush is a vote for freedom, for an administration that is not afraid to defeat terrorism, here and abroad. A vote for Kerry is a vote for retreat, for appeasement, in the face of grave danger. A vote for Kerry is a vote for negotiations with killers, murderers, those who wish to destroy the United States.

Keep drinking the lemonade.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Yeah whatever, too many loco's on this site with manufactured scenarios, utilizing the almighty and ever truthful internet to back up their claims. I would suggest you begin by being tested for schizophrenia.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This appears to me to be a tatic to scary people away from voting for Bush. Its quite clever on the parts of the Democrates. When most people hear about a draft they will assume it was the Republicans that started it but infact it was the Democrates that proposed it. A good way to scary the young voters to vote for their side.

If the Goverment wants a draft they are going to get it, Voting for either Kerry or Bush will not stop it. If Kerry gets elected are forces are not going to just pull out of every country. They both have the same goals whether people want to admitt it or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I ain't too scared because even if what EastCoastKid says is true, no one really is going to vote for Bush because of the "I hate Bush so I'm going to vote for Kerry" factor. A lot of voters don't really care about the platforms, they just know that Bush took us to war and screwed up, at least in there opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The reason Rangel, for example, introduced his bill is to ensure fairness. If you send my kid, yours is going, too.

The only reason I brought this up is because these kids have no idea what the ramifications of his re-election are. [edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Rangel's reelection or Bush's?

Can't help but wonder how Jenna and Barbara Bush would worm out of service?

Probably the same way Clinton did - enroll at Oxford.

There are enough valid issues to debate with regard to Kerry and Bush, why create imaginary ones? You are making Rangel out to be a pawn of Bush's and anyone who has heard Rangel speak knows it just ain't so.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown
I ain't too scared because even if what EastCoastKid says is true, no one really is going to vote for Bush because of the "I hate Bush so I'm going to vote for Kerry" factor. A lot of voters don't really care about the platforms, they just know that Bush took us to war and screwed up, at least in there opinion.

That's a bit overstated as of right now...

poll shows Kerry, Bush in dead heat

One-third of voters said they don't know enough about Kerry to decide whether he would make a better president than Bush. The paper's June poll had similar results.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
the draft thing should be a point of concern, because if the American administrations view is for a near draft in the future, that means they are planning more wars with the blood of innocent Americans.

Most of the Americans in Iraqi are 18.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

See, what we have here is one who cannot defend their arguments with facts nor supportive evidence; relying instead upon hopeless ad hominems in a sorry attempt to stifle intellectual debate. Why? Because attempting to support such ridiculous arguments with intellectual debate simply exploses the great lie... there is no intellect behind the liberal debate, merely scare tactics drummed up in the name of politics. Example: This whole draft nonsense!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

This is the truth and it was said so well that I can't possibly say it better.

The 'oh my God Bush will draft me' is a false scare tactic by the dems to try to take votes away from G.W. Besides, Americans for the past 225+ years have answered the call to arms and defended America. Why should this generation escape the duty to defend the freedoms they take for granted.

I am speaking as a United States Army Vet. You want a free America, then sometimes it must be paid for.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why don't the editors of this site just create a new theme...

I hate Bush.

That way East Coast and all of his little buddies can just Rant in that site and the rest of us can just go on with our lives and look at Conspiracies and life.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Is there anyone on this thread currently serving in the military who thinks that the draft is coming? I am serving in the Army and I know that there may be a few less people signing up, but that does not mean that we are stretched thin. It means that we have the majority of our National Guard and Reservists overseas and not in the US. When I went to basic training two weeks after the 911 attacks, our company as well as the other four were completely full of new recruits. And that is for just one single MOS. You should try going to a trainig facility and finding out how many new recruits come in each cycle. I went to Ft. Leonard Wood and let me tell you, there wasn't a shortage of new soldiers getting trained there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join