It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Defence League: A time line of events.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This thread is about the timeline of events, from the formation of the EDL and what led to there creation.

This thread is based at those across the pond in the US/Canada/Africa etc, as most Europeans and British citizens know who the EDL are.

Ill begin.

March 2009
The EDL originated from a group known as the "United Peoples of Luton", which itself was formed in response to a March 2009 protest against Royal Anglian Regiment troops returning from the Afghan War organised by the Islamist group Al-Muhajiroun and including members of the group Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaah.

October 2009
In October 2009, the EDL claimed to have "thousands" of members in scores of branches,[14] and the organisation's spokesman Trevor Kelway explained that about 300 active supporters attended demonstrations with strong support from Cardiff, Swansea, Luton and Portsmouth. At the time "an analyst" believed the group to have 300 to 500 active supporters that it could mobilise at any given time.

April 3rd 2010[/b
2000 Members attend a protest in Dudley. Several EDL supporters knocked down fencing and escaped the police cordon.

May 2010
Police estimated 1,500 to 2,000 EDL demonstrators marched in Newcastle upon Tyne in May 2010.

June 2010
Researchers have suggested that the EDL is unique among far-right groups, because it seeks to attract non-white support, but its discourse is seen as "one that reflects that of the BNP and others albeit tailored to be more inclusive and by consequence, more relevant to contemporary Britain’s inherent diversity"

July 2010
The EDL also incorporates a Jewish and a gay division

October 9th 2010
1000 Members of the EDL attend a protest in Leicster.
the EDL held a static demonstration numbering 1,000, whilst Unite Against Fascism (UAF) staged a counter-protest numbering 700. One police officer was taken to hospital with a leg injury and two protesters were treated by paramedics for minor injuries.

Street Skirmishes between Muslims and the EDL break out in the streets with little or no police control.

November 27th 2010
1000 members of the EDL attend a demo in Preston, 150 UAF (unite against facism) members turned up to oppose the EDL.

Feburary 5th 2011
The biggest EDL demo was in Luton, 1500-3000 EDL supporters attended, European Defence League groups from Germany, Norway, France, Denmark, the Netherlands also joined the protests. 7 Arrests.

Is this a speech of a racist?
Notice the Gurkha soldier in the background, also there is an asian man. Not exacty skin heads

Some amazing photos of the EDL.

And my favourite photo of all time.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

good to see people supporting the EDL thay are manly a great bunch just trying to save there land from being over run with a hostile religion

if you can find the rochdale protests you can see both sides of the protest and the uaf side is sickening thay were allowed glass beer bottles if thay put another drink in them and thay are mostly 18 - 40 year old muslim men the edl being mostly old men scatterd with minoritys and women, but the police turned there backs on them to intimidate the EDL side with dogs untill one dog ends up tearing a lump of flesh from a mans leg. the man was then taken behinde police lines and intimidated not to press changes while thay put the over enthusiastic dogs away

i'll have a look for the vids now

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hi Haydn

I was one of tho's soldiers who marched through Luton that day with my Battalion, the 2nd Battalion the Royal Anglian Regiment (the poachers) and i can tell you when we got back to Germany where we are based at the Trenchard Barracks there was alot of very sickened squaddies with alot of sympathy for the EDL and thos people who stood up to tho's extremist Muslims that day, quiet a few of them are members of the EDL and support them

Its good that you are clearing the air on the EDL as most believe they are racist organization, that is not the case, they fail to see the EDL welcome with open arms any race religion & colour and there are in fact black & asian members, its just about standing up to the "extremist Islam" that has plagued our streets here in the UK, that also want sharia law here in the UK so i fully back the EDL as long as it stays away from racisum & violents, i have no doubt that there are some racist members with in the EDL & football hooligans who have jumped on this movement to cause trouble, im not for that at all, i'm just for upholding our culture, British culture and laws

I believe if you want to go live in any country you should integrate with that countries culture and respect its laws and also not try to force yours on them, otherwise please feel free to leave, this is what i support and the EDL are the only organization trying to push this to the government because the government fail to listen to the people or care, they are against "Extremist Islam" in the UK not Islam & Muslims just the extremist who are trying to force there culture & laws on others

It comes as no surprise that almost all of the terror plots in the west are from home grown terrorist/extremists they have recruited on our streets, i would like for our government to do alot more in processing these immigrants coming here from all over the middle east and do more checks on them, if that is not possible then stop the immigration of all middle eastern counties coming here all together as it is putting a huge strain on our communities and there is an increasing threat to the public in home grown attacks

Let me just state i have friends who are from all different back rounds cultures & races including Muslim friends but they have integrated with British culture they are good citizens and they are also against extremists, these people are an insult to Islam & humanity and only ever preach hate

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Don't worry, they'll punch themselves out before they become a serious political party.

we can't let people like this in parliament. We just can't

And this guy seems to be more intrested in the symbolism on the microphone (it's all over his town becasue Oldham town council sysmbol has a globe in it too.

"I'd love to see a Mosque built in Mecca"

They just ooze facepalming stupidity.

They "muslamic rayguns" bloke has spawned many meme videos if you want to lol at them.

edit to whack one in (fnar)

edit on 29/3/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ok heres the vids make up your own mind

EDL - Rochdale - Secretly filmed footage from inside the 'UAF' Counter-Demo Area (05-03-2011) melanoma321 53 videos Subscribe Subscribed

MDL and UAF protest vs EDL at Rochdale Town Hall 5th March 2011

OFFICIAL EDL ROCHDALE PROMO

EDL - Rochdale - Police Dogs in Action (05-03-2011)

*** UAF show TRUE colours ***

Police Tactics At Rochdale EDL Demo.

there are many more. personaly i don't think the EDL can stop the holy war the NWO/EU want so badly. just get ready, its coming
edit on 29/3/11 by Aceofclubs because: malformed url

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Tho's are just the dumb racists/hooligans i was trying to distance my self from along with the majority of the EDL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

you can find uneducated people in every group you have no argument here. what do the leaders of the EDL say, you don`t grab a random guy and say he speaks for everyone there. unless your agender is to make them seem wrong and useless
edit on 29/3/11 by Aceofclubs because: rouge word

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

EDL Leaders? You mean like Alan Lake?

www.indymedia.org.uk...

Ever since their formation, the English Defence League (EDL) have insisted that they are not racist. They are only "opposing Islamic extremism", their publicity machine repeatedly argues, despite Hope Not Hate and other anti-racist organisations exposing a significant number of hardcore neo-Nazis on their marches. Funder Alan Lake's Holocaust fantasies, and rabid racist and knife criminal Jeff Marsh's jumping on the bandwagon of the (non-islamic) "Asian paedeophilia" hype, has now firmly confined EDL spin to the dustbin. The EDL are 100% racist!

And as for the "we're only against Islamic extremism" spiel. I'll leave you with a merry song.

jeQm1RImEc0

"they don't like Muslim extremists oh by george it's true. Well good on ya boys and girls there's not that many do"

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

lol nice source a far left propaganda site. try again. go to the EDL for the edls opinion/stance not some other place

in fact here i'll do the work for you www.englishdefenceleague.org...

mabey watch the vids i posted see who IS actualy causeing trouble. the uaf and co screaming allu akbar or the edl penned in and being attacked by dogs

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Tho's are just the dumb racists/hooligans i was trying to distance my self from along with the majority of the EDL

Exactly, the EDL do attract some complete idiots.

Just like TUC did at the weekend with the anarchists.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So it's just the UAF that are up for kicking off?

such charmers, eh?

not racist and not violent my arse.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Exactly, the EDL do attract some complete idiots.

Just like TUC did at the weekend with the anarchists.
At least the anarchists had a point and picked their targets properly. Tax dodging shops and banks which have crippled our economy. Not an entire section of society.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Your so misguided.

What gives you the impression the EDL are against Muslims as a whole. The mission statement from day 1 was to target extremists.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That may be some very thin cover story, but the EDL is fronted by some rather filthy scummy people. And as you can see, them demos. It's not just a small group kicking off, it's all of them. I'm the one who's misguided? I think not. These are the people you want to rub shoulders with then fine. It's a free world. but don't try and tell me that it's not a racist organisation. It is. It's openly obvious. Plain to see.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Muslims are not a race? Its a religion.

There are white muslims, there are all sorts of colors of muslims.

When they insult our country they deserve a punch on the nose.

Notice the white muslim at the back with a ginger beard. Opposing a religion is not racist.

It wasnt long ago these muslims would of been charged with treason.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

How do you know that the man in the video at the top doesnt have some sort of learning diasability, ive met plenty of people like they who have autism.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
So it's just the UAF that are up for kicking off?

no as it turns out the MDL are proud to showcase there violent side

and look how the police let them do whatever thay want, but kick the EDLs ass for any reason this is orchestrating war by the gov not just the left all of the establishment want this war
edit on 29/3/11 by Aceofclubs because: rouge letter

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

yes, well done muslim is a belief system not a race. You're smart enough to see that. But the bulk of your scabby members aren't. Would you like me to see how many videos i can find with racial abuse in? Or with large numbers of nazi salutes in? It shouldn't take me long. I refrained from posting some stuff last night, cos some of the language was disgusting. calling the police "f'ing p**i loving scum" ect.

xenophobic, fascist, racist scum. That is what the edl are. And if you want me to go all out to properly prove something, which most rational people can see quite plainly. Then I will. And it'll be an easy task.

I mean, not racist, non violent people always go round smashing up Asian businesses. EDL SCUM off my streets

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

yeah, I'd be kicking off too, if someone was calling me a "f'ing p**i bastard" But no, the edl aren't racist.

SCUM

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah, look at all these lovely NAZI salutes, and buring the anti nazi flag.

Nope, definalty no NAZIs in the EDL

Just a load of the members and organisers. But don't let that put you off showing your true colours and rubbing shoulders with these filthy pigs.

EDL SCUM off my streets

edit on 30/3/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join