It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the world pressure or invade Japan to ensure the safety of the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So, they admitted something is wrong. Then it was under control. Now, there is radiation in the sea water and, contrary to the nothing they are saying on the MSM, there are meltdowns that are out of control.

Why is the US not there helping? We go into country after country to ensure democracy so how about we invade to ensure the rest of the world not bieng affected by this disaster. Even the French got into Libya so we did not have to look the aggressor.

I don't care about dictators in the middle east that kill our soldiers as soon as we save them. Afghanistan, Iraq and NOW Libya. None of those guys have missiles that can hit the US so who cares. Sell them arms and make our country rich and we can rebuild. We do that now but this way our kids don't die.

I do care about the sea life and the LONG term effects of this disaster of proportions that we have not seen. I do care about the next 4 generations of children that are born to ANYONE who was near this accident or, in the long run, ate or drank the water. We will never know how many will die from this.

What is wrong with this thinking? In the words of our own president...

To brush aside America's responsibility as a leader and — more profoundly — our responsibilities to our fellow human beings under such circumstances would have been a betrayal of who we are," Obama said. "Some nations may be able to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries. The United States of America is different. And as president, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action."

The mass graves are there as well as a over 30k dead or missing...when do we invade?

edit on 29-3-2011 by esdad71 because: start

edit on 29-3-2011 by esdad71 because: validate idea

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Emmm no!

Why do you even have to ask.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm assuming this is some kind of joke or troll attempt.

Because I just checked my blood pressure and it's reading 900/400, so if this was a real thread I think I might be in some serious trouble.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

No!!!
2nd

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In absence of an OP I will go ahead and say HELL NO. I'm sick and tired of my tax dollars being spend on munitions to drop on the other side of the globe when things are barely hanging together by a shoe-string here at home. I honestly don't give a crap about the rest of the world anymore, it seems like we are more worried about helping them than we are about helping ourselves. Sure its a bad situation in Japan, but how can we possibly keep giving aid to countries like Japan when disaster strikes if we are on the verge of financial collapse because of run-away government spending on everything but what actually counts?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Please don't give the TPTB regimes any ideas.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Last time we attempted to invade Japan a Nuclear disaster happened....

Oh wait.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f0e2c1862a8.gif[/atsimg]

not a good idea!
edit on 3/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sorry about that, it did not post my thread the first time. And this is rhetorical, not a belief. Just wondering what people think.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow! Somebody deserves a job at the Whitehouse!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yess, hell yes ! Heck why stop there , why not you just invade the whole world and let everybody around the globe enjoy the safety and democracy . Right ?...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Life will go on. The Earth has faced many cataclysmic event before in which it survived no problem. This problem will be mostly for Japan and not anywhere else. If a meltdown were to happen the worst thing that would happen is plutonium leaking onto the sand and eventually into the sea. But it would stay in the Japanese region for sometime before heading into the sea and perhaps being broken down by nature.

You are taking too much credit away from what nature can do. The worst outcome is for the Japanese people. They won't have food, water, and now 30% of their energy is gone. Pray for them, don't invade them.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Haha, and you think the U.S. didn't support the decision for the Japanese government to conceal the truth? Hell, our government is doing the same thing with potential radiation contamination within our borders.

Look from their point of view, they are simply trying to control panic. Japan suffered a massive earthquake and a monster tsunami, and to top it off, now they have to deal with a nuclear disaster. It's all they can do to prevent people from losing their minds.

Is it right? No.

But that's how it works.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And what, exactly, would the US military do that Japan isn't already doing? You want the USA to invade Japan? I doubt that idea would be well received in South East Asia.

Personally, if a problem with radiation is to happen, I would prefer that it happen in the back yard of one of the most technologically advanced nations on the planet, a country that has a unique outlook on dealing with radiation issues as the only one ever struck with a nuclear bomb in anger.

Japanese workers are also a lot more likely to want to go in to radioactive areas than American workers. The mainstream media have been interviewing some of the American workers who were at the plant when the Tsunami hit, and they evacuated immediately and are now back in the USA. As far as their Japanese coworkers who were also at the plant? Many of them have returned under incredible circumstances and are facing life threatening situations to try and contain this.

When was the last time you went to work not knowing if you would come back, unless you have been in the military?

I'd take a Japanese worker over an American worker or the American military ANY TIME.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

If a meltdown were to happen the worst thing that would happen is plutonium leaking onto the sand and eventually into the sea. But it would stay in the Japanese region for sometime before heading into the sea and perhaps being broken down by nature.

care to prove that statement?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
The worst outcome is for the Japanese people. They won't have food, water, and now 30% of their energy is gone. Pray for them, don't invade them.

I think they need to evacuate the whole island for some time until the REAL OK is given... And depending on air movements this could cause west coast US to be displaced. And if the populace is experiencing radiation sickness then were do they go to be quarantined?
Prayers are for sure with them us ALL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01fd8fe54711.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Given our track record of invading countries, no, and what makes you believe that any other Western nation would do things any better? Whilst us armchair nuclear experts have high expectations of how things should be done, don't forget that some of the radiation levels around the reactors and containment areas are so high you can only be near them for 30 secs, so I can't see much being done that's not already being done.

Basically in short the situation is what it is, what will happen will happen, the top guy at the Tokyo Electric Company in tears was a early indication as to how bad things are.

The governments and media are not going to tell us if it's really bad are they? What good would that do? It's not like millions of people can be evacuated from Japan and the country written off is it?

I too have seen conflicting reports of the situation, and I don't agree with the lies, but does anyone really expect them to tell us the truth? I don't, the masses will and have already gone back to watching football games happy in the knowledge that an electric cable has been reconnected to what are piles of rubble housing leaking reactors, where the cooling systems and pumps are rendered useless. As long as Wayne Roony's foot is OK for the the next football game thats all that matters.LOL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

For the sake of historically accuracy...

1) We (as in the west I assume) invaded and occupied Imperial Japan very successfully as is evidenced by modern Japans economy and industrial base.

2)The 2 nuclear strikes on Imperial Japan were by no means disasters, whether you agree with the morality or not they were both very purposeful.

Regarding the OP, the premise of the original post is ridiculous.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join