It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Powers Seek Possible Deal for Gadhafi Exit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

World Powers Seek Possible Deal for Gadhafi Exit

www.aolnew s.com

International leaders were gathering in London on Tuesday seeking to plot out an endgame for Moammar Gadhafi's tottering regime and to strike agreement on plans for Libya's future.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, the Arab League and as many as 40 global foreign ministers were joining the talks -- seeking to ratchet up pressure on Gadhafi to quit.

Italy's Foreign Minister Franco Frattini said several nations planned to table a joint deal aimed at swiftly ending the conflict, setting out proposals for a cease-fire, exile for Gadhafi an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't usually post on these topics just read them but I saw this while checking my mail and it really bothered me. I know there are many on here who are more educated on this situation than I am but i just wanted to share this.

Am I the only one who thinks it's not a good idea they are even thinking of letting him just basically get away with it as long as he just goes away?

Would this even happen? I;m not sure how this all works so I bring it here

This guy is crazy imo and shouldn't be allowed anywhere but prison for what he has done to his people and others. There are many others who should be right there nex to him too.

Again this is not my area of expertise so be nice

www.aolnew s.com
edit on 3/29/2011 by mblahnikluver because: spelling

edit on 3/29/2011 by mblahnikluver because: grammar...it will keep me awake at night

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Its possible that everything he has been saying is true.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I know you are saying the guy is crazy, but in recent years Gaddafi has come round to working with the west and denouncing terrorism. For a period he wasn't a threat to anyone and things were going along ok.

It's only since opposition has taken to the streets after being emboldened by events in Egypt and Tunisia that he has fought back to fend them off. That was a wrong move. Perhaps he should have taken the oppositions complaints on board and accomodated their demands to some extent. If he had done that he would be a hero.

It's just a shame Obomber didn't think to go and speak to him sooner instead of cobbling a meeting together now and trying to figure a way out of the mess.

But the same could be said of lots of despots around the world. Leaders of other ME countries are just as bad if not worse then Gaddafi, but nothing is being done to get rid of them, speak to them, or anything.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I doubt this will be the last meeting of the high ups. There is nobody from Libya at the meeting to decide the way forward for Libya. Strange don't you think ?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I don't usually post on these topics just read them but I saw this while checking my mail and it really bothered me. I know there are many on here who are more educated on this situation than I am but i just wanted to share this.

Am I the only one who thinks it's not a good idea they are even thinking of letting him just basically get away with it as long as he just goes away?

Would this even happen? I;m not sure how this all works so I bring it here

This guy is crazy imo and shouldn't be allowed anywhere but prison for what he has done to his people and others. There are many others who should be right there nex to him too.

Again this is not my area of expertise so be nice

www.aolnew s.com
edit on 3/29/2011 by mblahnikluver because: spelling

edit on 3/29/2011 by mblahnikluver because: grammar...it will keep me awake at night

Dude, this is NOT about saving Libia's people. This is NOT about oil or water. This is about spreading democracy everywhere. And not because democracy is a good thing, but because it is necessary for the NWO agenda. So, they don't really care about Gadaffi. They will exile him, give him a lot of money and luxury for the rest of his life, just to get what they want. Which is to install democracy in Libia and several other countries.

Democracy is the best system for them, because it gives the people the illusion of power, as if we are choosing our leaders. It keeps people quiet so those in power can play with our money and do whatever it is they want. Democracy is the new Fascism. In the end, big corporations will keep ruling the world and we wont care, because we will be focused on Justin Bieber hitting 500.000.000 views in his new youtube video...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
spreading demcracy?
after the kennedy coup or the bush installation...
double face palm with somersault, a half gainor...

there is an expression
"what goes around comes around"

Gadaffi might be the smoker of today, but
Obama said:
"he has denied his people freedom"...GITMO
"he has exploited their wealth"...BANKER BAILOUITS
"murdered opponents at home and abroad and terrified innocent people around the world"...
Iraq, Iran, Palistien, Pakistan, WACO, ruby ridge....LIBYA
DU on the troops...1/3 of the female soldiers in the US army have been raped by their fellow solidiers....

oh yeah
Obama said:
gadaffi is dragging dead bodies into the blast zones to make the people look like they were killed by the US to make the US look bad
FACE PALM!!!
THE US IS WORKING WITH AL QIADA!!!!
full frontal!

what goes around comes around...
very soon indeed i betcha
edit on 29-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yeah...
Quadaffi...err however his name is really spelled, is a political leader therefore he is a criminal. BUT....
Is he more of a criminal than the ones we have had and or put in control of our nation and others?
There are bad reports coming out of Libya but there are worse reports coming out of every other nation.
If we remove quad...the leader of Libya, then i suggest we remove every other leader and political structure.
Oh off topic....expect the US to step up bombing as i read quadaffi has halted the rebel offense and may be gaining ground.
I love the word Lybia, it is exciting no? reminds me of an episode of seinfeld.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

So the same world leaders that decided a week ago that Gadhafi was criminally killing his own people and thus needed UN intervention, are now deciding which luxury resort he should spend the rest of his wealthy life sunbathing on ???

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
International leaders working out a deal for Libya's destiny, and who gets what when the dust settles. Col. Gaddafi is old news, and now it is time to cover the bases about distributing the wealth and resources. I love how foreign leaders can converge at anytime to decide another nation's future without even an inkling of input by the people of that nation.

Now they are touting their benevolence, understanding to the plight of the Libyans, and championing democracy. The article is riddled with that nonsense, and it is all bunk. This is a subjugation play, and a land grab if I have ever seen one. I have been skeptical about this whole thing since day one. Atrocities are going on now and in the past with little to no attention by the international community, but Libya is an exception? Gather your luggage and passport, next stop is Syria, Yemen, or any other Middle Eastern nation in distress.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I wondered what the rebels wanted and now they have spoken..
As expected they don't see Gaddafi living out his life on a beach...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So if this happens, what puppet do they have ready to slip into the mix? What country is next Algeria? Kind of fits the picture. Anyone know if there are any problems the US army can fix there as well?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Thank you for the info. Like I said I don't really know all the information on this situation. It gets to be confusing and I get info overload when reading

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

So the same world leaders that decided a week ago that Gadhafi was criminally killing his own people and thus needed UN intervention, are now deciding which luxury resort he should spend the rest of his wealthy life sunbathing on ???

That is why I was confused and posted this.

None of these people ever seem to make sense with anything they say or do.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, gives me some things to look into.

Oh and thanks for not flaming me

join