It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the message pop-up box?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Oh my gosh... just because a few people whined and complained about the pop-up box, now it's gone.

The ribbon at the bottom of the screen doesn't stay on all the time, so it's makes it a little difficult to know when you have a message other than going to the message page. Please bring it back in a better form or something. OK?
Thank you for your time.

Maybee

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I second that.

I ignored an important message for 3 days because I had no idea I had any messages.

Please give us the pop-up box back.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It's gone!

Look at the bottom where the ribbon is and if you have a message your message box with be yellow and say "new messages."

Personally I like the new message alert, the old one drove me nuts lol

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

See, this is where ATS needs a poll..
The decision to change was made because a couple of people complained over less than a day..

A simple poll on this over say a week would make more sense..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think it's brilliant.

The new system is great.
Kudos to the designer.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by maybee

The decision to change was made because a couple of people complained over less than a day..

]

How do you know how many people complained?

Sorry but that box was just annoying as can be.

The new one is not annoying and easy to get to.

All you people have to do is click on the ribbon for it to show and it will show you if you have messages, yu don't need to go to the message box. Also when you have a message and sign in or go to any thread it will show the ribbon and your messages.

The red u2u box they had a while ago was alright too but that box was just annoying.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by maybee

I agree... we should have a poll at the least. They could have it for a day or so and decide from there. Good idea.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The only reason anyone requires to be told when they have messeges, is because some folks are too damned lazy or mentaly deficient to CHECK every morning or when ever they log on. Personaly speaking, I check my messeges every two or three hours. Apart from anything else its the easiest way to observe any replies that have been made to my comments and posts. I literaly HAVE to pass through the messege centre to check who has replied to my posts, so theres no need for an indicator of any sort in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
reply to post by maybee

I second that.

I ignored an important message for 3 days because I had no idea I had any messages.

Please give us the pop-up box back.

Yeah, I sent a U2U to a friend a couple of days ago and I literally had to tell him in chat that he had a U2U waiting for him because he had no idea It was there. It was a fairly important U2U as well. A couple of others have been missed by people too It seems.

Anyway, I really liked the previous message box tbh. You couldn't miss it. I'd love to see it back.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The message bar / ribbon was a wonderful solution. Sure, I missed my first message, but now I know what to look for and I love the unobtrusiveness. Very creative.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Hahahaha....

I said I would flag this thread if it came up and I most certainly will.
The old system was fine, and a bit easier to see if you have messages.

Whatever, those folks were softies.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I like the new system.

One thing I'd recommend though is a brighter color or have it flash when there is a waiting message. Mine comes up a dull yellowish color.

Not very noticeable.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I've never once complained about a single feature on ATS, most of the time the site looks great and it always bugs me when people create threads about a feature like the U2U, which was perfectly acceptable in my opinion, absolutely no need to complain. Geez, some people just want the moon on a stick.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

People hated the "ribbon"....solution? A "hide" button, for those who didn't want to wait ten seconds for it to disappear on its own.

Now, this? Impossible to please everyone.....

Perhaps Skeptical Overseer ( LOL! ) when he reads this....(AND< he will, you know! He sees all....)....

....maybe there is a way to program the "ribbon" to NOT go away and "hide", when there are unread U2Us??

(In a perfect world, all dreams are possible.....Urrrp!).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Whats next? A little alien pointing out that you've got mail?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I vote for the alien

Personally, I liked the big "I will not be ignored" u2u box.

top topics

join