It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim model defends Miss Universe contest bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Muslim model defends Miss Universe contest bid

www.jorbit.com

A model bidding to become the first Muslim to represent the UK in the world final of Miss Universe has been defending her decision to enter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jorbit.com

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Mohammed Shafiq is from the Ramadhan Foundation, a group that works with young Muslims in the UK - he's against Shanna taking part.

"Islam is very clear that a woman should dress modestly and we do not believe that parading yourself in a bikini is appropriate," he said.

"People are attacking me, using religion as a tool, but is it really religion? she said
Is this really a problem facing global muslim women ? try to find an opinion from here.

www.jorbit.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 3/29/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/29/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So?

I say, let her enter, if she wants to then it's her choice.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ehh im sure most parents dont want there daughters parading around in skimpy bikinis and lingerie. I doubt its a muslim only issue, most families still wouldnt agree with it

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Ehh im sure most parents dont want there daughters parading around in skimpy bikinis and lingerie. I doubt its a muslim only issue, most families still wouldnt agree with it

While this may be true, I personally have no problem watching other people's legal age daughters parade around in skimpy bikinis. In fact, I encourage the practice and I think it's every hot woman's god given right to parade around in bikinis at all times not just when the occasion calls for it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's her choice. It would definitely be a defining moment for multiculturalism (as she is not the typical British lady) and a huge step for Muslim women if she wins.

She's gorgeous.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
As an English Grand Mother I do wish this young girl every success. We don't celebrate geniune beauty anymore and discounting all the hype and money making from this competition, the female form is naturally beautiful and why something pure, should be deemed unrespectable says more about the people opposing her choice.

(I am not talking about the artificial add ons such as enhanced breasts etc, just the principle).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Muslims at it again.

Why did Allah give women hair if there not allowed to show it? God sounds like a very confused man.

So ill give you hair human but at all costs you MUST NOT SHOW IT!!

They even protested against valentines day. Shocking

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Why did Allah give you a penis if you can't flaunt it? It is called common decency and modesty. Hair is seen as sexual in middle eastern societies. Just as breasts are seen as sexual in western societies. If you jumped into a western woman showering she would likely cover up her breasts as that is most shameful for her. If you did the same to a middle eastern woman she would cover up her hair.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is a young girl living in a free country.

Go, girl - forget what those stupid people say.

Your body was made by the creator of life - you are lucky to have a nice body - go forth and be free! And good luck!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
She looks like a butchered kim kardashian
she's alright

new topics

top topics

join