It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would like the help of ATS here..

First I dont own a telescope and looked through one only twice in my life...so sad :/ , i hope i will change that in the future by getting a good one

Many Nibiru Threads are being down played by the fact that Amateur Astronomers should have spotted it already if it was real.

A clear example is this post from our member ManBehindTheMask as follows :

Ive repeated this in i dont know how many threads......... Dont you think, that with all the top notch amateur astronomers, who can do the amazing things they do, and see what they see, they would have alerted the people on this if it was there???? The people arent stupid, they dont need a space agency to discover this stuff for them, they have the means themselves......... if it was there, someone in the private sector would have seen it and blown themother of all whistles on it by now................................................................. It doesnt exist...........atleast not in a cataclysmic capacity for earth anyway, or we would know p.s. planets dont change orbits, if its coming by us one direction, it will always pass by us in one direction, i dont care how elliptical it is, its not going to change its direction w out massive collision altering it..............

in the thread : The Truth About Nibiru Finally Revealed Once And For All!!! Must Read!!!

now to confirm this and put everybody's mind at peace I have two questions which i'm sure will be answered in this thread.

If Nibiru/Planet X is close to the Sun and visible in the morning can an amateur astronomer still point out his telescope and see everything clear?

to my poor knowledge about the subject..you dont use a telescope in the morning

One of the most important things to begin with is to carefully choose the site you will use set up and use your telescope at. While it would be tempting to take your new telescope out of the box and use it that night, it’s best to wait just a day or two! Begin the first clear night by going outside a taking a good look around. You want to choose an observing site where the view is as unobstructed and as dark as possible

How to use a telescope

also another question..

it seems very complicated to get things right..are there any amateur astronomers that after all the steps for a setup try to look somewhere that for them there is nothing..do they invest their time looking for something they dont have on the chart?

edit on 27-3-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
While it seems like your fishing for an answer you already know...I will bite. Anything near the sun would likely blinded out of most ametuer astronomers scopes. Scopes collect light and the sun would flood out most amature scopes not equiped to filter the sun. So it is possible amatures could miss things near te sun.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
trust me i did not know the answer for sure...

but today i noticed they were down playing the Japan EQ prediction by saying that the youtube user can change or edit the video which i proved that this cant be done

now downplaying nibiru Threads with the amateur astronomer thingy IMO needs clarification

that is my primary objective

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
and as everybody can see here this issue must get clarification ..look at the stars reaction :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf2af7690f85.jpg[/atsimg]

dont you think?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yes; very much so. solar filters are readily available (and not outrageously expensive) allowing one to look directly into the sun to see sun spots with telescopes or binoculars . Binoculars make great observing tools for the night sky and form an independent corner of the astronomy hobby. Got a few low to middlin"quality "toys" myself. This is a big reason I i "guffaw" (?)
uh
chortle"?
allright" lol" at "Nibiru" threads.Anything big and in the local neighborhood is gonna be seen by somebody and even a non reflective object close to the sun( the so called light absorbing"brown dwarf" we always hear about is either gonna reflect sunlight ( be a brightspot or not reflect it and be "easily" seen
with binoculars/telescope) as a dark spot.
www.telescope.com...

edit on 27-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Anything near the sun would likely blinded out of most ametuer astronomers scopes. Scopes collect light and the sun would flood out most amature scopes not equiped to filter the sun. So it is possible amatures could miss things near te sun.

I've heard this argument a lot here on ATS, and it's completely without merit.

Google "solar telescope" and hit the "shopping" tab.

There are plenty of telescopes capable of viewing the sun and things around the sun that are well within the price range of even the less than financially blessed amateur astronomers out there.

That being the case, there is no logical reason why tons of people wouldn't be seeing this all across the globe. Other than nothing being there, of course.
edit on 27-3-2011 by James1982 because: DUH SPELLING FAIL

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
but today i noticed they were down playing the Japan EQ prediction by saying that the youtube user can change or edit the video which i proved that this cant be done

That was me .. and to be fair, I said that.. went and checked my own page and then came back and apologized for my error... I'm not a they.. just a guy on the forums who made an error

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Let's try and get this fact clear: your title has nothing to do with the content in your post.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You do realise that not only NASA has the technology to put a filter/shade on the lense of a telescope to block the sun's light? I've done it with cardboard and seen images not as good as SOHO though, pretty easy to be honest in fact you can do it yourself... hold your thumb up towards the sun and completely obscure it and now look at what you see! its the same idea....

Now think that the millions of amateur astronomers over the world and back had the same idea.. surely they would spot nibiru.
edit on 27-3-2011 by roughycannon because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I cant see how nibiru could be near the sun. It would of been detected long ago. If this planet is real, I truely think people are looking in the wrong spot.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

What you are concerned about is the wrong thing. Those people that spend thousands of dollars on telescopic equipment that can image around the sun are a rather elite group. Many are professionals in their day jobs and are only considered amateurs because they don't get paid for their expensive hobby.

These folks are very serious about what they are doing. They do not look through their 'scopes, see something and go blabbing to the local newspaper about it or ATS for sure!. They have a very rigid system for reporting unusual and unknown bodies. There is an international organization that accepts such reports. Never will that org accept a report to publish unless the body at the least has been verified by another competent amatuer or professional astronomer. They do not do false, missleading reports about wayward planets coming to smash us to smithereens.

Now, they also would not tell us if there was a planet coming toward us just as they wouldn't report a mothership if they had a hundred acceptable reports. All of these people and the reporting organization run pretty close to being very conventional in their views. Most won't admit or accept UFOs except when they have had a sighting that cannot be discounted.

(OK that is nother broad statement, but what I present here is better than the usual tenor of what is said along this line. Basically, there are amatuer astronomers and then there are people with cheap telescopes. You can't tell the difference via ATS, but it is huge in both data and credibility.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
sprry to all those who posted but you have not yet convinced me...

the solar ilters you are mentioning definately encircles the sun...

I still think you cant see objects next to the sun..here is an example

here is an exmaple of DIY one ..

here is a professional Solar filter..

I Still dont think there is a way to observe stars in the morning since it cant be done because of sunlight..

so i still believe that a dwarf star incoming can be missed if it only visible during the day

am i wrong?

always keep in mind my ignorance regarding the subject..so dont play out the expert and be cool....im an expert in computer programming and I aint play it cool when asked stupid questions....10q

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
for example...

take Venus into consideration..

When can you see Venus?

You can see Venus early in the morning when the sun is not out yet, and you can also see it in the evening, probably where the Sun is setting, you can see it when its dark enough. Venus is also called the Morning star and the Evening Star.

Source : wiki.answers.com...

so till the very moment..i still believe that NIBIRU/PLANETX can be missed by amateur astronomers if its only visible in the morning

keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with proving me wrong...i just want this fact to be cleared up

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by heineken

That was me .. and to be fair, I said that.. went and checked my own page and then came back and apologized for my error... I'm not a they.. just a guy on the forums who made an error

no please dont take it personal..i did this thread before you ever replied right lol...

i did it because they were playing it down on another thread saying she changed the video..and as i showed..it cant be done

thank you

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Let's try and get this fact clear: your title has nothing to do with the content in your post.

lol...now please tell me why is that??

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
as we can see here..you can observe venus during daytime..BUT...taking many precautions to filter the Sun etc and knowing exactly where Venus and The Sun is to filter out etc..so it seems you CANT just scan the sky for new objects during daytime..

Although any telescope (or steadily-held binoculars) will allow the phases of Venus to be seen, the planet is a notoriously difficult one to observe, for three main reasons. Firstly, whenever the planet is visible (shortly before sunrise or after sunset) it is positioned at a low altitude (angle above the horizon) where it is immersed in haze and atmospheric turbulence, which adversely affects the quality of the image seen in the telescope. Consequently most telescopic observers prefer to view the planet in full daylight - when its altitude is much higher - taking special care to shield the Sun from view. Secondly, the planet's brilliance - although making it a very obvious and beautiful object to the naked-eye - causes a menacing glare when seen through a telescope. Thirdly, the planet itself is permanently cloaked in thick cloud, so its surface features are never visible through telescopes. Most amateur astronomers can therefore only expect to observe its characteristic phase changes, but little else. Experienced observers using medium and larger-sized telescopes often observe detail in its cloud features by attaching ultraviolet (UV), infrared (IR) or colour filters to the telescope eyepiece. In the latter category, yellow, blue and violet filters help to reduce the glare of the planet and improve the contrast of its cloud features whilst orange and red filters help to reduce the brightness of the sky during daylight observations. Even when using large telescopes, observers often report that Venus does not take high magnification well; magnifications over 300x are rarely beneficial, the image succumbing to the effects of low contrast and atmospheric turbulence.

www.nakedeyeplanets.com...

I think that very few people on Earth are capable of detecting Nibiru/planetX if its exists and if its visible only during daytime...so its quiet UNFAIR by experts if they downplay the whole story by saying that amateur astronomer would have alerted the World Already

dont you think??

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
you see what i mean and what i'm trying to achieve here...

how the hell are you going to see Nibiru like this....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f3b7587a79e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

So you admit that none of those Youtube videos actually show Nibiru. Amateur astronomers would be able to look for signs other than a new celestial object. An object as close and as large as Nibiru is reported to be would cause perturbations in the orbits of the other planets. This would become immediately clear to pretty much every amateur astronomer on the planet, as the other planets are probably the most viewed objects in space.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
OK, lets say that NIBIRU is near the sun and we can not see it. That explanation does not hold up for ever. It will move to where we can see it. In fact it hs been there way too long as it is. If it was there it would have moved to a better spot way before now. If NIBIRU is real then every one is looking in the wrong place or it is still way to far out to be seen at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It is a very common tactic to suggest that "no one could keep this a secret so long" or that "someone would have said something". It can be a valid point, however it is not completely factual. The Manhattan Project is a clear example that secrets can be kept, and no whistles blown, if it is the interest of "National Security".

I have no real opinion on Planet X/Nibiru or whatever you want to call it. I see the videos, I read the arguments, and the truth is...I simply do not know, but if sure wouldn't hurt me to be as prepared as I can be. I live in a hurricane prone area, if there is no Nibiru, I certainly have other things I can worry about. It won't hurt me one bit to have food, water, or a plan.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join