It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animated map of the radioactivity plume from Fukushima - Updated real time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
EPA Says Radiation Found in U.S. Milk
There still trying to convince people that there's nothing to worry about.

By STEPHEN POWER WASHINGTON—The U.S. government said Wednesday that traces of radiation have been found in milk in Washington state, but said the amounts are well below levels of public health concern.In a written statement, the Environmental Protection Agency said that results from a screening sample taken March 25 from Spokane, Wash., detected 0.8 pCi/L of iodine-131. That would be more than 5,000 times lower than the Derived Intervention Level set by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the agency said.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So does this mean that the radiation is spreading everywhere and I am getting radiation poisoning as I type this? That is just insane if that is true and I wonder why we as human beings aloud ourselves to use a power source that is so dangerous and unstable. I mean what if a disaster strikes at all nuclear power plants and cause mass leaks? Will be living in a fallout kind of world where we need to live in vaults underground just to survive?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
LETS START A WORLD REVOLUTION!!

Im sick of governments , lets overthrow them ,every man for them selfs

viva de resistance

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Updates

Observations and simulation Japan map of the I131 diffusion from March 29th 00h UTC to March 31st 11h59PMUTC avalaible here

Observations and simulation worldwide of the Cs137 ground diffusion March 31st 13h UTC:

The dry deposition displaying the total accumulated deposition along the path of the plume from March 30th to April 02nd:

UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Air Monitoring Station daily update:

3/30 (5:30pm): Our milk sampling results are now posted. The only isotope we have detected besides background is I-131, at 0.70 Becquerels per liter. This level is lower than our rain water measurements by a factor of approximately 10, while higher than our creek water measurements by a factor of 10. One would have to drink roughly 3,800 liters of milk to receive a radiation dose equivalent to a round-trip cross-country flight.

edit on 31-3-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Is Japan still sinking? If Japan sinks so will the reactors. Can you imagine what will happen if 6 melt-down reactors will come into the ocean?
If Japan sinks or not enormous amounts toxic waste will go into the ocean. The worst place ever. My god, I see a huge disaster occurring, am I the only one?

These mother#ers, this was all planned way ahead. No sane mind builds 6 reactors on the coast-line and on a fault-zone. There is no way.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Sanjur0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Washington State showed 25 milk samples came back with radioactivity. No mention of ground water or air samples. I may need to put a tarp over my garden when the time comes. It's probably too late.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
EPA Says Radiation Found in U.S. Milk
There still trying to convince people that there's nothing to worry about.

By STEPHEN POWER WASHINGTON—The U.S. government said Wednesday that traces of radiation have been found in milk in Washington state, but said the amounts are well below levels of public health concern.In a written statement, the Environmental Protection Agency said that results from a screening sample taken March 25 from Spokane, Wash., detected 0.8 pCi/L of iodine-131. That would be more than 5,000 times lower than the Derived Intervention Level set by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the agency said.

online.wsj.com...

oops I posted a similar one and didnt see yours first
edit on 31-3-2011 by wonderworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
The dry deposition displaying the total accumulated deposition along the path of the plume from March 30th to April 02nd:

Can you post the direct link to the page which shows the international plume and allows you to select the different heights for it? I can't ever find that page again when I go back to the main site, as only the navigation becomes english on the front page, none of the news and whatnot. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here's someone broadcasting live from west LA with readings: www.enviroreporter.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i read this a few years ago, apparently written by a former green beret. paraphrasing, radioactive fallout in water, will settle to the bottom of most liquids, because it's heavier, but this is referring to radioactive fallout in dust from the explosion of a nuke. not sure if it would be the same for this scenario. he did say that letting your drink stand, covered, for 30 minutes, would give the particles time to settle to the bottom. dunno if this is useful, but i'd suggest pouring a pitcher of water, covered, and keep it in the fridge, wait a couple hours before drinking, then don't drink the last 40% of it, instead, refill it, and repeat. couldn't hurt, anyway.
edit on 31-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanjur0
Is Japan still sinking? If Japan sinks so will the reactors. Can you imagine what will happen if 6 melt-down reactors will come into the ocean?
If Japan sinks or not enormous amounts toxic waste will go into the ocean. The worst place ever. My god, I see a huge disaster occurring, am I the only one?

These mother#ers, this was all planned way ahead. No sane mind builds 6 reactors on the coast-line and on a fault-zone. There is no way.

If Japan sinks there are 54 nuke power plants - all of them with multiple reactors. Life on this planet is already changed forever -

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Can you post the direct link to the page which shows the international plume and allows you to select the different heights for it? I can't ever find that page again when I go back to the main site, as only the navigation becomes english on the front page, none of the news and whatnot. Thanks!

Sure!
Click here, then click on the picture and scroll down to the bottom page, under Trockene Deposition - dry deposition you'll ,have the update for the dry deposition accumulated (click on the picture to have a better view)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

KUDOS hawaii50th, what a great way to show us via your youtube vid. It is most alarming and bad as we are only getting this info from coming on ATS and finding out from all you gurus what is going on? Keep up the good work....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by galacticgirl

Originally posted by Sanjur0

If Japan sinks there are 54 nuke power plants - all of them with multiple reactors. Life on this planet is already changed forever -

What's even more scary is if Japan sinks to quick, it will send a massive tsunami towards Hawaii, and the west coast of North America as well as other parts. So the nuclear part is only part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There was a strange 'taste' in the air in Liverpool today, notably in the Bootle/Sefton area just north of the city, amidst BBC reports of radiation from Fukushima reaching Scotland and Kent. I know the jet stream flows nearby, and I am the last person on ATS to scaremonger (I spend alot of time researching scary things before developing an opinion of my own) but this worries me, so am seeking reassurance from other ATS people in Liverpool. Yes Liverpool ATS members, I know you are out there!

Our eleven cats have been a bit strange today as well; normally on a nice sunny day they are in the yard keeping a lookout for the Burkha Boys (lads in black with hoods training to be gangsters) but today they stayed in and are in now, with plenty of nibbles and water which they don't seem to drink, which is worrying, as they usually drink loads and I have to refill the bowls often.

I am just seeking reassurance from anyone knowledgeable about concentrations of radiation traveling across the planet and how they may affect us and our pets.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neOrevolutionist

Just think if one small island/country can do this kind of damage with nuclear facilities to the world...wonder how usa would favor do they have many nuclear facilites by the coast? I would hope not, a 5yr old boy would be smarter than that

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

well looking at this makes me realize that the real danger would be if other nuclear power plants were to have a fall out. 3 or 5 together in different locations could be a big issue. They might not be going to explode but they are dirty.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nzprMichael
LETS START A WORLD REVOLUTION!!

Im sick of governments , lets overthrow them ,every man for them selfs

viva de resistance

Careful man. Any direct threat can send Homeland Security to your door in a flash. As it is said, "Freedom of speech.....but just watch what you say."

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
There is insufficient details at this late hour even, to really determine if there is serious meltdown going on in all but #2 which we know is cooking off.
Breach of containment vessels should result in massive amounts of highly radioactive water possibly going anywhere theres somewhere for it too run to.
The ocean is so close it is a no brainer for any escaping liquid to end up entering the sea.
What we have here is a good possibility of the mother of all dirty bombs.
I sicerely wish somebody who has the figures would do some rough totals,
How much "hot"fuel is involved?
How much depleted fuel rods and what state are they in?
WHERE IS ALL THIS STUFF?
The reactor buildings had tanks higher up where the depleted rods were stored.
With much of the several structures gone, where did the depleted rods end up?
The hot fuel which is inside the four reactors,must be way too hot for entombment i think.
They may have to cool the mess down for some(possibly yrs) time to come.
Then after yrs of pumping water, they will be able to bury or detoxify the site till its safe for life to return there.

Worst case in my mind is the escapement of a large quantity of the radio active material through the actions of leakage, and or the actions of another possible tsunami sweeping much out to sea.....
As the plants are horribly damaged now, the force of such event may be sufficient to virtually obliterate the plants and leave little behond but a trail of radioactive components strewn both above and below the waterline.
Also with further 6.0 and even stringer quakes continuing to strike the area at shallow depths along that same fault,The heightened possibility is all too real.

There is an urgent need to find out just how much volume of nuke material is on site there, as well as finding out what the same amount would be capable of causing as far as disaster scenarios.
Perhaps we are safe for now.
But this shows no signs of being a short lived crisis.
I suspect well be so tired of hearing about the ups and downs of the aftermath to this event for years that well be able to tune it out instinctively in a generation or so.....for now i haave a mitload of unanswered questions.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hi all,

There is something wrong with this radiation, because already the day after the news in Denmark and Sweden said that the radiation was there - 1 DAY after the accident. - That is quite far away:

www.nyhetspressen.se...

//Wrathier

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join