It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animated map of the radioactivity plume from Fukushima - Updated real time

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

There is an urgent need to find out just how much volume of nuke material is on site there, as well as finding out what the same amount would be capable of causing as far as disaster scenarios.

take a look at this thread from back on 3-16 ..it will give you a pretty good idea..
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrathier2050

There is something wrong with this radiation, because already the day after the news in Denmark and Sweden said that the radiation was there - 1 DAY after the accident. - That is quite far away:

looks like the article you linked to is dated the 24
that would be several days after the accident

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Yes I am sorry about that. This might be more accurate: www.mynewsdesk.com...

I just heard about it in the news the day after on the TV and tryed to find some relevant information. This is from the article linked:

A Swedish nuclear reactor inspector Klas Idehaag said that he expects harmless traces of radioactivity from the damaged reactors at Fukushima to reach Sweden within a week. Swedish nuclear expert Klas Idehaag commented "We expect that maybe in seven days from now we could detect some atoms, with very, very exact instruments here in Sweden... But it will be no effect on the environment or for people," according to Reuters.

Mar 21, 2011 12:00 CET

So there might not be that much risk for us, but still Sweden is not around the corner.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
So are we gonna have a fallout or what I dont like seeing that map its about to cover the usa and Indiana dont sell potassium iodide...should i run to a diff state and stock up?
I plan on the government lying and telling us we will be ok till our children come out with 3 arms and no face...should we start makin preps for safety?
edit on 1-4-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Updates

Observations and simulation Japan map of the I131 diffusion from March 29th 00h UTC to March 31st 11h59PMUTC avalaible here

Observations and simulation worldwide of the Cs137 ground diffusion April 1st 14h UTC:

The dry deposition displaying the total accumulated deposition along the path of the plume from March 17th to April 03rd:

UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Air Monitoring Station daily update:

3/31 (8:00pm): Our first preliminary tap water samples have been analyzed. The only isotope we have detected besides background is I-131, at low significance: 0.024 ± 0.014 Becquerels per liter. This level is much lower than our rain water measurements by a factor of approximately 300, and lower than our milk measurement by a factor of 30. We will be continuing measurements of tap water to confirm this result; the level is so low it is approaching the threshold of detection. Quick updates on our other samples: Rainwater results have been updated to be current as of the last rainfall on Saturday 3/26. Air filtration will be posted this evening to be current to 3/30. A sample of milk from before Fukushima has been added to the milk sampling results. One additional note: There was some confusion about the dating of the milk data. Yesterday we listed the date incorrectly as "Purchased on" but the date was in fact the "Best By" date. The date itself was wrong -- the sample listed yesterday as 3/25 was actually 4/4. The background sample posted today was 3/25. Apologies for any confusion.
edit on 1-4-2011 by elevenaugust because: correcting dates

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What does anyone make of the yellow area of the dry deposition almost touching the west coastline of the U.S. ? Does it portray something more sinister than the media is telling us right now ? Not an expert of this map, just curious, on others' opinions of it...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Updates

Observations and simulation Japan map of the I131 diffusion from March 29th 00h UTC to March 31st 11h59PMUTC avalaible here

Observations and simulation worldwide of the Cs137 ground diffusion April 1st 14h UTC:

The dry deposition displaying the total accumulated deposition along the path of the plume from March 17th to April 03rd:

No UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Air Monitoring Station update today...

Note: seems like that along the US west coast we approach the limit of total dry cumulated deposition of 1 Bq/m2.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalChef

AAAGGHHH!!! Thanks for pointing that out, (radioactive hurricanes), cause I live near the Texas coast outside Houston...

edit on 2-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dierxdiets

Here's a list of cancelled nuke plants in the US
en.wikipedia.org...

Note the number of them in late 70's and early 80's when the nuclear freeze movement was in full swing. The movie, "The China Syndrome" was released in 1979 and really hurt the nuclear industry in the US when Jane Fonda popularized the nuke freeze movement.

Here's a list of reactors including some decommissioned ones. Note how many of the newer ones are in China?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Updates

Observations and simulation Japan map of the I131 diffusion from April 02nd 00h UTC to April 04th 11h59PMUTC avalaible here

The dry deposition displaying the total accumulated deposition along the path of the plume from March 17th to April 06th:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Please keep up your work on the map! I find the info invaluable

As for the detected levels on 3/27/11 it was 79 picocurie/Liter or 2.923 Becquerel/ liter in the rain water. Source: www.bphc.org...

Anyone know how to covert Becquerel into Sievert?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I look forward to these updates. Please keep it up!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here's a site that offers more "reality news" on the unfolding and worsening disaster in Fukushima.

It is enenews.com

Stay clear and coherent through these times.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's been one week since I haven't posted any update ...

Here it is!

The dry deposition displaying the total accumulated deposition along the path of the plume from March 30th to April 12nd:

And the updates from the UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Air Monitoring Station for the last five days:

4/8 (12:15am): Our food chain tests have been updated to include strawberries, topsoil, and a second grass measurement. Overall, activity in the grass seems to be falling, but the grass may be concentrating cesium by a factor of approximately 5 relative to the soil. The topsoil currently has more I-131 than any of the plant or food samples. We are continuing to sample to better understand the isotope pathways from the soil into plants.

4/7 (11:15pm): Air measurements have been updated through 4/5. The uptick observed on 4/3 in all isotopes continues to decay away. Our first new rainwater sample in almost two weeks was collected last night and is currently being counted with our 10% HPGe detector. With a small chance of rain in the forecast for the coming days, we are eager to see how the air concentrations will be affected.

4/6 (7:30pm): Air measurements have been updated through 4/4. The uptick observed on 4/3 in all isotopes has not lasted -- the levels have decreased for all isotopes.

4/6 (6:20pm): Our first food chain tests are now posted. So far, we have measured spinach, cilantro, grass, and mushrooms. We have detected I-131, Cs-134, and Cs-137 in these samples, but the levels are very low -- consuming 403 kg of spinach could give you a radiation dose equivalent to a roundtrip flight from San Francisco to Washington, DC. Not all isotopes are present in all samples, and the levels vary widely.

4/6 (1:00pm): The new milk results are now posted. Iodine-131 is detected at lower levels than previously measured, but Cs-134 and Cs-137 are now being detected as well. We are interested in watching these trends in the coming days, so we will continue monitoring the milk levels.

Thanks for everyone's patience as we set up and calibrated a new liquid testing station using a germanium detector loaned to us by ORTEC/AMETEK. Creek water and tap water measurements were also updated. No radioisotopes are detected other than natural background.

edit on 10-4-2011 by elevenaugust because: fix quote box

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanjur0
reply to post by Brainiac

Listen. Get this straight once and for all. They want to reduce earth's population. That is what is happening. They are speeding up their plans, this because humanity is starting to wake up and other factors.
This is no joke. Agenda 21 is real and the spinning wheel is now in motion. Why do you think the only thing you hear on the news is Lybia?? Its because they want us distracted. A real serious nuclear catastrophe is occurring.
The Japan tsunami was a HAARP orchestrated attack. You see, they hide behind the climate crisis. We don't want to believe they posses weather devices and certainly don't want to believe they would use them. So they clandestinely exterminate large masses of people. It's very simple.
So be prepared for the worst.

I have to agree with Sanjur0 for the most part... however i'm not convinced 100% it was HAARP ... although there does seem to be evidence to suggest the possibility.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dierxdiets
So does this mean that the radiation is spreading everywhere and I am getting radiation poisoning as I type this? That is just insane if that is true and I wonder why we as human beings aloud ourselves to use a power source that is so dangerous and unstable. I mean what if a disaster strikes at all nuclear power plants and cause mass leaks? Will be living in a fallout kind of world where we need to live in vaults underground just to survive?

makes me wonder if the notion that some of the alien species many have reported are really future humans who
mutated as a result of being forced to live underground (accounting for LARGE eyes) to survive an ecological disaster this generation created, isn't as crazy as it sounds.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
So are we gonna have a fallout or what I dont like seeing that map its about to cover the usa and Indiana dont sell potassium iodide...should i run to a diff state and stock up?
I plan on the government lying and telling us we will be ok till our children come out with 3 arms and no face...should we start makin preps for safety?
edit on 1-4-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

I would

because whether or not this Nuke Radiological Disaster gets worse as many models and experts suggest, we may all have far more to worry about between SEPTEMBER thru December this year as a result of ELENIN that would make Japans disaster look like a day at Disneyland.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I suggest you take a look at this video. Apparently, the real amounts of radiation is something that the gov wants to keep quiet

Also, I would suggest following Gundersen, that has been a voice of reason since the Japan tragedy occurred.
This is the link to his website fairewinds.com...

And this is his latest video, FDA just decided not to monitor for radiation in the west coast Pacific Ocean....very appropiate¡¡

vimeo.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The two videos he's comparing are using different scales, producing different graphical results. It's not "apples to apples" as he claims.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Paote

Well my brother in law is now getting Melenoma skin cancer, he had it before and it was eradicated, but now with the radiation, he has grown more skin cancer.

Unfortunately he does not believe in alternative medicine, he is one of those that have been duped into thinking that only FDA approved medicine is the way to go. Yet, they ignore the facts, FDA approved medications have killed more people than nutritional supplements.

Colloidal Iridium and Ruthenium is an excellent deterrant.

Those two noble metals have been reported to be anti cancerous.

With over 5 people that have defeated cancer (some terminal) in the last two years, its something for everyone to look into.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join