It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we allow Taiwan to Purchase SSN's

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Devi what are you talking about missile there are other missiles than ICBM's or nuclear missiles. And the Chinese are that incompetent that they don't know their missiles?

West Point, Out

what i mean is that its ok for china to sell missiles capable of fireing nuclear warheads at long distances. just not actual nuclear warheads.
the chinese are not incompetant dont start me on a subject like this i could many a things about the US military.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Chin would not sell any missiles to N. Korea they are smarter then to dig themselves a hole. Plus doesn't Taiwan have some missiles now that can reach china? Also devil how is the US supplying Taiwan with weapons systems if china attacks them any different than When the US supplied Britain with a lot of weapons systems during WWII before we joined?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Chin would not sell any missiles to N. Korea they are smarter then to dig themselves a hole. Plus doesn't Taiwan have some missiles now that can reach china? Also devil how is the US supplying Taiwan with weapons systems if china attacks them any different than When the US supplied Britain with a lot of weapons systems during WWII before we joined?

A.what hole u talking about?
B.i dont know if they do.
C.because i think there is a diffrence between nazi's and the chinese ,secondly in ww2 the nazi's were going to purge the lands of all jew's and dont think china has the same plan.
C.i dont think giveing us ammo and med supplies is the same as giveing them missiles that can hit taiwan.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hole as in regretting what they did later and possible consequences of them selling N.K missiles.

Also the nazi's were a dictatorship that oppressed people china is the same. Also devil ammo and med supplies wow do you know the US gave Britain everything it had including our pilots we gave everything from ammo to tanks and ships planes and even our military service men. That's right the volunteers.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

[edit on 30-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hold on. China isn't anywhere near as oppresive as you think. To bad Gastric Cancer hasn't relpyed to this. And although we did supply Britain with a lot of supplies we didn't exactly donate them. Such as in exchange for ships they gave us land leases for military bases. Also everybody knew the Nazis intended to take over the world. And he was going on with a huge genocide.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Such as in exchange for ships they gave us land leases for military bases. Also everybody knew the Nazis intended to take over the world. And he was going on with a huge genocide.

I don't think anybody feels the US gave the UK all the ships and weapons out of the goodness of thier hearts. The point was htat the US aid of Taiwan is no different that the WWII aid. Yes, Hitler would not have stopped at the Atlantic, and there are persistent rumors that FDR wanted a huge war to prop up the new deal, but the situations are quite similar. The US would benifit greatly by having a strategic base just off the coast of China. Also, from an economic standpoint, it would give the Chinese quite a bit of clout.

While thier territorial ambitions may not be as aggressive as hitlers, some of the more militant China posters ie. ZCheng, have indicated siberia and other areas are places for expansion. Those are just thier opinions but you never know.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh yeah I heard about that. I doubt that China plans on taking Siberia. Its probably just a couple of nationalistic posters who would like to expand China.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wait didn't china take that place to the north of it what Tibet i think. true hey are not Hitler who wanted the whole world Taiwan would be a great strategic place for the US.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Tibet isn't to the north of China. Tibet was a region to the west of China. Siberia is north of China.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
look china isnt a dictatorship its a comunist country NOT A DICTATORSHIP!
also you only gave us pilots so you could have bases here in the UK cause u wouldnt have been able to attack germany from the USA.
also china wont invade other countries becuse they only want china because they see it as thier 23rd province not as just a nice piece of land.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
look china isnt a dictatorship its a comunist country NOT A DICTATORSHIP!

a
Devilwasp, I quite disagree. While not a dictatorship in the classic sence, The Soviet Union, and China today were and are run by thier Central Committie. One a "premier" has gained this status he is in effect a dictator. With the central committie rules the country. You could almost classify it as a Republic dictatorship. Who picks members of the central committie? They pick them themselves. Pwer is consoladated amongs a few. The only way to dislodge this power structure is either a really gradual change (as we are seeing in Iran, as the hard core fanatics die out they are being replaced with moderates, albiet fractionaly more moderate) or revolution.

Yes in a communist country, there should be no dictatorship, but that has never occured. From Castor in Cuba, Kim in NK, China and the former CCCP, they all have been effectivly ruled by a small committie of men. In effect a dictatorship

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
so we're going to get pedantic witht the comments and facts are we?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
so we're going to get pedantic witht the comments and facts are we?

pe�danti�cal�ly adv.
Synonyms: pedantic, academic, bookish, donnish, scholastic
These adjectives mean marked by a narrow, often tiresome focus on or display of learning and especially its trivial aspects: a pedantic writing style; an academic insistence on precision; a bookish vocabulary; donnish refinement of speech; scholastic and excessively subtle reasoning.

Devilwasp, thats what we live for

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
that ius NOT what i live for. but hey its a free world............well freeish.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i think if china and America have a war because of taiwan. china will use some special way like using internet attack(may be china will lose),
selling weapons misssiles to some danger country. support terriost attack american target, they won't have fight face to face to america, they will attack some place that american never think about

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter1002
i think if china and America have a war because of taiwan. china will use some special way like using internet attack(may be china will lose),
selling weapons misssiles to some danger country. support terriost attack american target, they won't have fight face to face to america, they will attack some place that american never think about

Cyber attack would be but one way. Also, given the large number of Chinese in the US, the ability to perform sabotage or even say internet attacks from withing would be a concern as well. The military has its own hacking brigade (I forget where) and they no doubt would be involved. That type of attack can go both ways though. I have no doubt that Microsoft has a few backdoors in place for our people to exploit.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The NSA and the pentagon have a group of computer wizards and hackers that are involved with tapping into other countries servers. If there is any type of cyber attack by china the US would most likely defeat it due to our military computer technology.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The NSA and the pentagon have a group of computer wizards and hackers that are involved with tapping into other countries servers. If there is any type of cyber attack by china the US would most likely defeat it due to our military computer technology.

The question is though would they go after the civilian network instead of the military on in an effort to disrupt the general populace. That alone would cause havoc.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

The question is though would they go after the civilian network instead of the military on in an effort to disrupt the general populace. That alone would cause havoc.

Cant the pentagon and NSA protect and eliminate any kind of virus on civilian networks. Plus it would be chaos, we would also go after the Chinese Military and their civilian computer system. In the US the stock exchange and major public computer servers have back ups and are equipped to handle this type of thig. So you and me wont be able to go on the internet but our financial and major center would still be operational.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
man if i can't get onto ATS there will be hell to pay. hopefully the backups work in that type of attack. Internal sabotage of systems is also a possibility. Don't forget Wen Ho Lee?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join