It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we allow Taiwan to Purchase SSN's

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

So other than US pressure? you woul dhave let Hussein stay in Kuwait and then move on to Saudi? Huh, good thing we put the pressure eh?

did i say that? dont put words in my mouth. you have interperted me wrong.
i said US pressure made us go in. there was other alternatives. but military action was decided would be the best one.
frankly after that move they hate us even more.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What other alternatives were there Devil please list them to me i have failed to see them?
The military action was the best one we had numerous Arabic nations in the coalition with us.

frankly after that move they hate us even more.

The Kuwaitis love us. And duh of course they hate us we killed their army we moved them form Kuwait so they did not make the billions they had hoped to make off Kuwaiti oil. Of course they are going to hate us but when cares.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What other alternatives were there Devil please list them to me i have failed to see them?
The military action was the best one we had numerous Arabic nations in the coalition with us.

in everything there are alternatives
political pressure,blockade,threat of nukes. etc
so what you had many arabic countries with u,they were there to gain advantages over other countries and revenge over iraq. and to eliminate a large threat of thiers.

The Kuwaitis love us. And duh of course they hate us we killed their army we moved them form Kuwait so they did not make the billions they had hoped to make off Kuwaiti oil. Of course they are going to hate us but when cares.

yes kuwait wow it isnt evan as big as scotland or even wales what use is it except oil.
who cares? WHO CARES? west point you have no idea about this do you. that action creates terrorism and terrorism hurts you. so your war against terror is an almost impossible task to do.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by devilwasp]

[edit on 17-8-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Taiwan don't really have a blue-water navy so I don't think they would want SSN's really. I'd guess they would want more SSK's...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
Now if China could economically squeeze Taiwan-

Unless they want to try, and try being the operative word, and blockade Taiwan, then they might. However, the only move they have is to "protest" and sabre rattle. Thats about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
WestPoint to Devilwasp

political pressure,blockade,threat of nukes. etc

Political pressure wow that rely worked we tried that saddam did not care about political pressure. Blockade? They already had sanctions the only thing left was to starve their people let me tell you it�s a real attractive solution. Nukes? Are you crazy get off Kuwait or we will nuke you. A Muslim country of 23 million being nuked by the US, again another fine attractive solution

And devil it doesn't matter we had Arab notions supporting out actions this is always good.
And when I said who cares was referring to the 91 war. What do you propose that we let saddm take over Kuwait stay there get rich and kill the Kuwait's, just to gain some respect if any. That was not acceptable we could not let that happen just because a few bums on the street were angry at us. If you oppose this I would be stunned.

[edit on 18-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Political pressure wow that rely worked we tried that saddam did not care about political pressure. Blockade? They already had sanctions the only thing left was to starve their people let me tell you it�s a real attractive solution. Nukes? Are you crazy get off Kuwait or we will nuke you. A Muslim country of 23 million being nuked by the US, again another fine attractive solution

oh really? how about placeing some US nuke bombers in range of iraq?
im quite sure he'd get the message then.
sanctions WOW. all it is a peice of paper saying you cant have somethings im talking about a complete blockade. no entry exit except for food.
also im sure haveing a country with 23 million in it hateing your guts is a much better prospect.
[qoute]
And devil it doesn't matter we had Arab notions supporting out actions this is always good.
And when I said who cares was referring to the 91 war. What do you propose that we let saddm take over Kuwait stay there get rich and kill the Kuwait's, just to gain some respect if any. That was not acceptable we could not let that happen just because a few bums on the street were angry at us. If you oppose this I would be stunned.
[edit on 18-8-2004 by WestPoint23]
a few bums on the street? if you looked thier quite well organised as most resistance groups are.i am not oposed to helping other countries or that war it was justified BUT i am interested in WHY america done it, now it went into kuwait for a reason, not the reason the world thinks but something else. oil perhaps.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cjwinnit
Taiwan don't really have a blue-water navy so I don't think they would want SSN's really. I'd guess they would want more SSK's...

One of the point of this question was that the Diesel/Electric subs would take time to build, wheras we have Stugeon Class SSN's that could be taken from the mothball fleet and refurbish them for use. The Sturgeons would work better in the narrow confines of the Taiwan Streight than would say a 688. Its almost a turn key solution.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

But Taiwan doesn't want to be part of china it wants to be independent. If china invades it will get the US involved and possibly the European nations involved too. Let me tell you it doesn't look good on TV hen a big nation invades and island whose only goal is to be independent

[edit on 12-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

You really think Euro countries want America to be powerful?They may want America to fight with China,but they will not join,because China can make them loss.If America have loss made by China.Because the less powerful America is , the more things they can do.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
what?
we can do what we want.
we arnt controled or ruled by the USA.
the USA doesnt have any buisness and does not care about what we do unless it directly affects them.JUST LIKE WE DONT CARE WHAT THE US DOES.
i aint saying anything bad about u americans im just saying we are pretty ok with each other right now.
please dont think we are trying to take over the world or something

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Do not you find that there is no point to argue with FredT and WestPoint23?

Your are wasting your time, as I have found before.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
no i dont.
its worse to give up than to finish last.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join