It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any word on who has won the patent for a food replicator?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Just curious to who is competeing for the patent. Sony was said to originally win the patent for the blu ray. I maybe be ahead of things a bit. What are some of your thoughts and knowledge of this.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i think Monsanto is a food replicator

seriously...once we get this tech....we can move on with our societal evolution, and get away from greed and corruption...and really focus on the prime directive

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LordofHades

The prime Directive

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Good point BadBoYeed, The prime Directive to me is greatness! To elaborate, to improve all aspects of life within our families. Competition for the patents, business and money is slowing the progress and killing the arts as a whole. I can replicate food already on an atomic level, however, I do not have the resources to aquire the equipment needed to implement it. And people that do are squeezing the funders for all the juice they can and dragging it out...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Some are wasting time and money by fusion/welding on a microscopic level/nanotech. The bond between any matter can be altered through a laser with no heat. The atoms structure can be changed how we charge the atom and its neucleons. All of this can be done with logistics of light. It is one of the slower process ofphotosynthesis that we can speed up with energy. Basics, energy = food

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LordofHades

Ae you aware of 3D Printers printing food? It's now Open Source! Ex:

money.cnn.com...

and

www.fabathome.org.../1

It's just a matter of time before this technology cross-pollenates with the technology of 3D printing like the links in this post:

tiagail.wordpress.com...

That would mean we could have 3D machines with multiple "toner cartridges" where each "toner cartridge" contains a specific building block material and then the software can combine quantities and locations of material to produce a more appealing, edible food output. Imagine a "toner cartridge" of something sweet (agave syrup), another of salty (sea salt), something protein (ex: the gluten-based goop called Satan, only liquified), a carb (any starch will do), and now have the software combine, cook, and boom you have printed food.

The real thing to remember here, is the difference in 3D printers. The printers mentioned in the tiagail posts take a base building-block material like plastic or silver and form it into usable objects like a toy with moving parts or a working wrench. The food 3D printers, however, take food you can eat (like turkey or chocolate), liquifying it and re-shaping it into other forms. The real genius of this market will occur when we are taking base building blocks and making edible food. Have you heard about the research producing "meat" "growing" in a petri dish? Or about the seaweed "production" businesses? In these cases we're counting only on cell-division to create base building blocks, which then could be put in the "toner cartridges" and combined into a "food product".

So I hope this gives you some leads about the patents for food replicators. Check out the leads in the article and video and website - like the Cornell group, the guy in NYC, or the folks in the Fab@Home community.

It looks to me like Open Source is happening in this market and patenting will be made obsolete by virtue of the number of folks working in this new way to produce innumerable new initiatives.

HTH!
Maya-G

new topics

top topics

join