It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive Nessie pics!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think its all a bunch of hooey personally. I would like it to be true but the fact is, with all our modern day technology, if they wanted to prove its existence they COULD! the cold hard truth is that its a tourist attraction. Who wants to visit a normal boring old loch when you can visit one with a MONSTER in it? People only go there for Nessie.

However Nessie, if you DO exist, I apologize profusely

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Loch ness....Um.... not too sure about that one. its been around such a long time you would think that someone would have found it by now. I used too think that the loch had something in it, but now? I just don't know.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The first pics actually support the giant eel hypothesis quite well....

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A decayed carcass accidentally netted by a Japanese trawler near New Zealand in 1977:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Dr Mengele,

The images you posted are from this site. They seem to think it�s a shark not a plesiosaur or prehistoric "sea-monster." Quote from the site below.

However, several lines of evidence, including lab results from tissue samples taken from the carcass before it was discarded, strongly point to the specimen being a shark, and most likely a basking shark.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
However, several lines of evidence, including lab results from tissue samples taken from the carcass before it was discarded, strongly point to the specimen being a shark, and most likely a basking shark.

Yes, such"'pseudoplesiosaurs" are mroe common than is reporte,d I would assume because they're just tossed overboard with the rest of the junk carcasses.

All the evidence points towards basking shark.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is something I have been fascinated with since I was a kid. Yet, after all these years with absolutely no real evidence...I have to believe it is nothing but a myth.

It is one of those things I want to believe so bad, but seriously, there are just too many reasons to not believe it.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
one theory i like to play around with, though i don't believe it wholeheartedly, because it's pretty far fetched, is that occasionally maybe "rips" in time occur or windows to the past, in other words, where we can for a brief instance see into the past. and the occasional sightings of nessie or thunderbirds, or any prehistoric animals aren't really occuring in OUR present, but we are actually seeing them in THEIR time, if for just a brief instance.

i dunno, just a little thought i like to play with every now and then.

hi all btw!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Nessie Does Not Exist, Experts Say
By Discovery News

July 28, 2003 � The Loch Ness monster does not exist, according to a team of scientists who have taken a sonar and satellite survey of the loch.

The team, commissioned by the British Broadcasting Corp. to scour the loch for Nessie, began its search convinced it would find evidence of Scotland's legendary monster, according to the BBC's Web site.

The team was searching for what it believed was a plesiosaur, an ancient marine reptile that went extinct with the dinosaurs. Sightings of the creature led to speculation that it might be a plesiosaur.
Using 600 separate sonar beams and satellite navigation technology to make sure that none of the loch was missed, the BBC team surveyed the waters, looking for telltale signs of the air in Nessie's lungs to distort the sonar signals. But it found nothing

Link dsc.discovery.com...

Belive it or not ?. but i still belive nessie is exist mabye nessie leave that area or die .

[edit on 9-10-2004 by ethanlow]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Maybe some things in this wold are not for us to find.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethanlow
Nessie Does Not Exist, Experts Say

Yep the "experts"
are good at eating thier own words though....I personally feel there many thing in this world that we have not found yet regardless of what the "experts" think!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Pics # 2 and 3 look like an arm coming outta the water making a fist

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Personally I don't want to know. I think Nessie is one of the betetr myths going around, and we would all like to believ that she is a magical mythical creature and she livces there along side us, just hoping to get a glimpse of her. I hope she does exist, she is probably a whale or something if anything... Who knows. But I think leave her be. Lets go say hi, and respect her and leave it there. I keep living the myth through to our children, and keep it alive, it is great.

M@

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Some of you might find this of interest...........

I spend some time with a vendor at an outdoor show a few years back (his both was right beside mine). The show was lightly attended so we had time to chit chat about things.......

He was an underwater artist...............He actual dove underwear in scuba gear and had special paints and canvas in which he would actually paint underwater and create scenes of fish in their natural habitate....then he'd sell them at outdoor shows all over the US, naturally he didn't dive in areas so deep where sunlight would be too weak............they were very nice paintings........

Anyway, he told me that a few years back he was part of an expedition that was sponsored by the America government to actually go to Lochness and look for Nessie...........(The only such government sponsored program to ever be constructed to look for the creature).

He spent a lot of time diving there with the whole crew.........Of course that lake is very deep and they didn't go down that far in scuba gear............One time he told me he was down about 40ft where sunlight was weak at that depth but he was still able to make out objects............

Anyway, he was there for a while and then felt something rubbing against his leg............It seems to rub for a long time and when he looked down he saw what looked like a dark eel type object moving along his leg...........It was large........he estimated about 40 to 50 ft long............it just brushed him and then swam off into the darkness.

Today he is convinced that this is the creature some see in this lake.............He feels it is just an undiscovered species of a large deep fresh water eel. He was very objective about his description of the creature and the event he experienced..............Didn't see anything strange or supernatural about it. Just that we have a unique environment there in which science has not had the chance to evaluate properly.............

Thought some of you might find this of interest..............

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I know for a fact some of those pictures are of an elephant that used to swim the loch, I saw it on discovery channel. Some guy used to have a pet elephant and it swan the loch with its truck above the water. The last pic is obviously bunk so Im not even gonna touch that one.

WHAT!!!!! im sure this isnt true,ive got family very near Loch Ness and ive never heard that!
A friend of mine has dived in Loch Ness and within 10 metres without powerfull lighting you cant see your hand infront of your face,hes seen eels down there lying on shelves as in his words "as thick as a mans torsso" and if you speak to the local people you'll find literally 100's of eyewitnesses,young and old-a family friend claims to have stopped his car whilst it walked out of woodland and slipped back into the loch-Unbelievble? well you wouldnt believe it would you,but neither did the people in the car with him or the family in the car behind them!
Theres definatley something living in the loch,as someone else posted,its connected to the sea-theres a lot we dont understand and a lot more harder evidence to suggest Nessie exsists than ive seen posted here,ill try and dig up some better evidence for you all.
One of the most intresting programmes ive seen was done by a research team monitoring water temps in the loch,in lay mans terms,the bottom half of the loch contains very cold water and the top half slightly warmer (heated up in the summer months) they sort of stay seperate but a rare event scientists have never been able to film was caught with sonar image equipment deep below the surface where the waters collide and make a violent swirl happen (equivelent on the land to a tornado) whilst monitoring this 3 large objects were seen swimming away from the "tornado" area,the scientists said they would have to be either powered craft or very large animals! FACT.
There are also stories of more than 1 nessie being spotted at the same time,no photos maybe but sightings by locals and credible people.

Regards.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wouldn't we all just love to discover that a benign and harmless monster can prevail over time and hide from harm?

If only . . .

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Wouldn't we all just love to discover that a benign and harmless monster can prevail over time and hide from harm?

yeah,im with you on that one emily!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I kinda' hope we never find it. That way some jerk won't pump a load of 12 gauge rounds in to it and hang the poor beastie on his/her wall.

By the way...What happened to Peronemlin? I haven't seen anything from him/her in eons???

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I kinda' hope we never find it. That way some jerk won't pump a load of 12 gauge rounds in to it and hang the poor beastie on his/her wall.

and im also with you on this Der Kapitain,were a sad lot us humans arent we!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join